I want to go to St. Louis!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to go to St. Louis!

Really I do! If I could only get an airline to take me there...

First we book a flight on Continental. I need to fly out late in the evening because I have to work that Wednesday. So, I get an email telling me that my 8pm flight has been changed to 4:40. I will still be at work! LOL So I cancel that flight.

I then book a flight on Midwest. Today I find out that Midwest has stopped servicing St. Louis!!! grrrrrr So I cancel that flight.

Now Kathy and I are booked on Southwest for o'dark thirty Thursday morning.. Look for a news release any day now that Southwest has gone out of business....

Sorry, just had to vent. I hope everyone has fun at Shane's party. We tried to get there.

Southwest Airlines is the best service to St. Louis. From the Columbus area its only like a 50 minute flight or something like that. Southwest has their own hub here...

Let me explain.

St. Louis airport has a main terminal and inside that Terminal is all the usual suspects like American, blah, blah, blah, blah... there is only one main airline missing! You guessed it Southwest Airline.

The main terminal sucks with long lines and long long walks for certain airlines... but NOT Southwest!

Back before the BUST of the airline industry Lambert was like the forth busiest airport in the US or something like that because its in the middle of the country. Many airlines made stops here now they don't...

The airport is so dead now they have closed whole wings of the airport hence why UP IN THE AIR new George Cloony movie filmed here in St. Louis. Lambert gave the studio an entire WING of an airport to film in.

Anyway back on the subject.... back before the bust they moved Southwest out of the main terminal and built a new terminal its called the East Terminal which has its own parking lots, and own gates, its own entrance, baggage everything.

GUESS WHAT? SOUTHWEST IS THE ONLY AIRLINE!

So there are NO LINES! NO WAITS FOR BAGGAGE and you can get to a gate in five seconds... its like an airport for a really small town or city but just in a big city! I ONLY FLY Southwest for this reason...

If you are coming to St. Louis FLY SWA and you can get in and out of the airport in ten minutes!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Barry!

I will keep the faith that you and Kathy will be able to make it in and make it to the party! Sounds like Larry may have some info you may want to check into! Shane and its we will keep the music going for you guys! Shane this time!
      sigpic

Comment

No, unfortunately there are no more flights that are late enough for me to make. We are actually flying out of Cleveland (2 hour drive after work) so that we can drop off the spawn at his grandmother's house. So now we will drive up there and spend the night and leave first thing Thursday morning and we should be there just in tome for the floor opening.

Comment

Good

At least you will make it in time for the opening of the show! Shane and its we will be thinking of you guys! Shane this time.
          sigpic

Comment

Barry,

We ran into MAJOR flight delays last year and almost missed the lights out night. We had issues at Philly both coming and going. So, we decided to drive this year 9.5 hrs.

We decided not to have the problem this year with the flights like you are having. This confirms our decision. Watch us get a flat or something....LOL

Good luck finding a flight.

Comment

Barry, if you're up to it, drop us a line on Wednesday night since you'll be in town!
              Katie Lane
              Partner/VP
              Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
              sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

IF?

You keep flying southwest, I guess eventually you will get where you might want to be going, burns alot of fuel. Just turn to another more direct heading, like North or /east?
                Just a suggestion.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Well, from Cleveland, St. Louis is pretty much Southwest.

Comment

Working...
                  X