No announcement yet.

How to Sound Proof a Room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a prop eletric chainsaw so fumes etc wont be a problem. but it is so touchy that you cant mess with the volume or it will not work at all so hopefully we can get a screambox or something better this year but again the owner is very......unique for lack of a better word so this will be a difficult topic to discuss with him.

Comment

I do a gas-less, fume-less chainsaw scare with no magnified volumes of any sound from any electrical devices but it does require the time to set it up (in their minds) and "sell" it.
      No moving parts required.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

AND, it's the scariest chainsaw I've ever experienced!
        -------------------------------
        http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

so what find of insulation? like the rolls or blown and does the rating matter for sound dampening?

Comment

The denser, the better.

(And yes, Jim, I'm talking about *insulation* here - NOT my girlfriends!).
            -------------------------------
            http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

"W w wwwhhutt yo o o meeen?"
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Sound

I have used double wall in the past with fiberglass ins. between them and just for extra care I sprayed fire proof spray foam on the outside wall of the of the room. A heavy exterior door seals the exit and interance. The roof is the big problem and I laired heavy tarps and fiberglass 3 layers thick. Fire marshall may not like that but it works and they will usually one room like it as long as the room has fire exits and is attended or watch by an employee.

AD
                Phatman

Comment

Working...
                X