Hanf-A-Domous Further Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics look great.

Everyone here knows about IAAPA and what they offer I go most years. Even with the pics I think people either don't want to go or they can't go it's that simple. Also it's great to walk around and see all that cool stuff but the truth is not many haunters can actually afford much of that stuff. Hell, those money counters probably cost several thousand each, any one of those large foam structures and scenic pieces cost as much as many haunts entire Transworld budgets it's just so expensive! There are some things that make sense for haunters but let's be real the VAST majority either doesn't work for us or it's too damn expensive!

DA
    Last edited by Darkangel; 02-24-2010, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Damn, this show is right down the road from me and I have never been. I need to check it out, it looks awesome.
      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

IAAPA is rotating between Vegas and Orlando right now, last year in Vegas this coming year in Orlando. I've found things like industrial vacuum cleaners that can be used on the STREET sucks up beer bottles, to things you can use in your haunt to things you can use to sell and make money.

Let me be very clear about my comments so no one is confused...

No one bashed smaller shows in fact IAAPA is in November and all these other shows are in March through different parts of the spring or summer. So they don't even compete with each other. The bottom line is YOU SHOULD ATTEND IAAPA... if you CAN and you DONT that is a DUMB MOVE!

I understand some just can't money, tearing down your show, or whatever... but if you CAN GO!

Don't let the cost of the show stop you from going, don't make excuses why you can't go you should go... and not every year because in a lot of ways its the same thing every year. Go once every two years or three years but make plans to go!

Its an educational experience, IAAPA is going to expose you to things you won't find anywhere else, IAAPA is going to help your business.

One of my goals was to try and get many of these must see vendors to come to Transworld show ... some have come and some have not. It will take some time but I think many will end up coming to Transworld but in the meantime don't let anything deter you from going to IAAPA once of these years coming up!

If you can't understandable I understand many of us just can't...

But figure out a way one of these years coming up to go... ORLANDO of this year we'll see you there.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Not putting words in your mouth Larry...I was asking a simple question. Like I said, I do agree with you...remember you mentored my mentor (Allan C.).....I respect your input on certain things. IAAPA is a great show to take your Haunt or company to the next standard. You have to stay on the cutting edge or you don't get to play anymore. Right? So, staying on the cutting edge means attending as many of the conventions as you can, and learning as much as you can from all angles....my opinion. If people keep creating more conventions, then I say bring them on!!! ---Clifford Allen
          Lord of Fright
          "I'm Smiling cause they have not found the bodies yet!"

Comment

More photos... I think I offered 100 photos so lets keep going. Signs ever needed those they had them...you could even buy fiberglass rock walls for themeing. Here are those industrial cleaning machines.

More to come later.

Larry

PS: LOF... ah yeah you did you said I bashed on smaller shows I did NO SUCH THING... so again don't put words into my mouth or rather make up things. I'm not bashing any shows and won't... they are all great events to attend, what I'm talking about here is what shows one through whatever is most important to your business. IAAPA is imporrtant that is NOT to say other shows are not.
            Attached Files
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

no parking signs yeah we use those. tractors are you kidding me those are at the show? We use those don't we?

See that one company they sell touch screen poll so you can poll your customers. You could use that huh?

See that one company there selling automated ticket machines wow you are kidding you mean we wouldn't have to hire people to run our ticket booths... really?

Not to mention companies that sell ATM machines are all over the place.

Larry
              Attached Files
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

check out that... a mobile roll around soda cart, or how about a golf cart many of use those, or cotton candy anyone? LOL If you really got some serious bucks how about a giant street cleaner.

Look I'm telling you bottom line you miss IAAPA you are hurting your business... you can learn alot and you will see things you won't see anywhere else. Its just that simple. If you can make it go!

Larry
                Attached Files
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

I feel this thread has gone far from topic. The original point is that not so many Conventions need to be around. I don't think we should be discussing who is right or wrong and who said what. Also, I don't feel IAAPA is the point of this discussion.

~Matt
                  Last edited by ScreamParkBarnibus; 02-26-2010, 01:19 AM.
                  "Good things come to those who wait but, only things left by those who hustle"
                  "What's the matter? Never seen a pig before?" - Barnibus Rhindes

Comment

Larry...is that your Hulk I see busting outta that booth up there?
                    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Look we are not going to resolve anything here. It is obvious to me at least that Larry has his opinion and we ours. Arguing like this on the internet solves nothing and just brings about bad blood.

Larry, I attended IAAPA for 14 years, maybe more. I was enaged to my wife in Atlanta for goodness sake. No one is doubting that IAAPA is a great show, but how many of us can afford to attend? Membership is $459.00 at the least and then on top of that you have the admission fee to the show. It is costly, worth it, maybe, that all depends on your budget, I'm I right? Oh sure I can find things there I can find and when I leave the show I will have far too many catalogs and trinkets to take home.

Are there too many small haunt show? Maybe, but who are we to tell them not to give it a go. We are having the greatest response to our show. My students are really pumped about the speakers we are bringing to Oregon. Vendors are not a problem either, so thank you for your concern and thank you for a great place to tell the haunting world about our event.

Ed
                      Ed Roberts
                      Founder
                      The Nightmare Factory
                      www.nightmarefactorysalem.com
                      www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Comment

Yeah I'm being sarcastic in a funny way and for a reason... because you spend hours upon hours upon hours trying to help people if it isn't about one thing its another... and constantly you hear these petty reasons why that isn't possible, why that won't work, this cost too much, that wasn't good enough, not worth the money... all I'm trying to do is help!

Someone says IAAPA isn't worth going to I disagree, someone says a banner our on directory cost too much I disagree, someone says some seminar is worthless because they only got a couple idea's, I disagree, someone says whatever it just always seems like everyone complains a lot, nothing is ever good enough and well I disagree.

I will always stand behind KNOWLEDGE IS KING... KNOWLEDGE IS NOT FREE!

You pay for it one way or another, you pay for it for not listening making huge mistakes then BAM you lose a bunch of money, you stick your hand on a hot stove and it burns, you pay! You might not make those same mistakes again but you pay for everything you do one way or another.

Why not PAY to LEARN THE RIGHT WAY the first time save yourself the grief and get out of the gate quicker? Its not always paying someone money to learn, but its doing little things that make the difference like going to IAAPA, finding new ways to make more money, help your business, grow your business, taking seminars at Transworld, buying a magazine, taking a tour through some haunts in the off season during the season, watching haunt videos on you tube, spending a few hours looking at different haunts websites, reading these forums, asking questions, or even paying someone to help you!

Whatever it is... DO IT!

Going to IAAPA is a NO BRAINER! WHO CARES if it costs you $300 whatever dollars to get in who cares, its worth it! So you tell me a new animations for $4000.00 is worth it but $300 or 400 to go through IAAPA isn't or a seminar for $100 isn't or a haunt tour that teaches you something isn't... in the haunt industry some of us think backwards!

Again just trying to help with what I've learned over the years do what you think is best for you but sorry if we disagree on what is or isn't best.

Again just my two cents, not trying to offend anyone.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

I stand corrected and I apologize. I didn't see your quote the second time and thought you changed your post. I am sorry.
                          Jared Layman

Comment

Iaapa

I got to attend the IAAPA show in Orlando a few years back-- It was a lot of fun, they had mucho cool stuff to look at, and I learned a lot too. Definitely worth checking out if possible. Lol, if you're too busy to go, pay my way and I'll grab you all the literature you want, and take you a couple hundred pictures of cool stuff too.

Regarding other points, things are tough all over and definitely getting tougher. We should keep in mind that things can change quickly and in unexpected ways overnight. I have seen certain creative industries turned totally upside down, and in short order too. Key players gone. I think we really need to stick together and help each other as much as possible.

Not pointing any fingers, but I have to say, bickering between major players, and insult slinging between major players is about as fun as watching your parent's argue when you were a kid. It's uncomfortable at best.
                            KREEPY KRAWLY'S HOUSE OF HORRORS - - "Ohio's Kreepiest Haunt" TM

Visit us at KREEPYKRAWLYS.COM

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X