Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW combining shows for 2011

Hello,

Having fun connecting with the haunters who are stopping by the Midnight Syndicate booth at the TW Chicago Show this weekend. Really looking forward to St. Louis.

For those haunters who are interested in the Halloween retail as well as the Haunt supplies you'll be pleased to know that the exhibitors just received flyers today announcing that TransWorld will be holding the Haunt AND Halloween Show in St. Louis in 2011.

They will not be in the same hall but they will be in the same building. It's going to be the same kind of setup they had in Chicago the last two years they were there.

Ed
    Midnight Syndicate Gothic Nightmare Soundtracks for the Haunted Attraction Industry since 1997
    www.MidnightSyndicate.com - www.Facebook.com/MidnightSyndicate

Figured they were lookin into combining shows again. Didn't think about them moving the wholesale show to St. Louis though. Could be cool! Did the flyer mention any dates?
    Scott Murphy- Owner/Operator www.theshadowsedge.com KICKING & SCREAMING!!!

Comment

Yes, they did mention the dates. When I get back to the booth tomorrow, I'll look it up and post it here. Nothing has been decided for 2012 but for 2011 it will be both shows in St. Louis.

Ed
      Midnight Syndicate Gothic Nightmare Soundtracks for the Haunted Attraction Industry since 1997

Comment

Thats great! Cant wait for this year and next year espessicially!
        Damon
        Damon Carson

Comment

Despite Larry telling me no no no I am very glad the shows will be back together. I am even happier it will NOT be at the Frozen hell that is Chicago. I see this as a win win for the retail and haunt communities.
          Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Sorry To Say..

..but "Frozen Hell" seems to be spreading all around the USA, at least this winter.
            The ancient Encyclopedia Brittannica used to say this town of mine, Mount Carroll, Ill. was the coldest spot in Illinois..32 degrees Below Zero.
            Young , just out of college school teachers would read this and bemoan the loss of their meager paycheck going to just heat their house!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Next year's TW show dates

Next year's TransWorld show (both haunt and Halloween retail) will be on March 10-13 in St. Louis.

Again, they'll be separated in different halls but in the same building.

Ed

Comment

I am excited to see the shows back together. As far as the weather tho, st louis has almost the same weather as chicago. Today, at this second, there is a 3 degree difference....
                www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Wow, the Haunt Show really lasted a long time (2 years to be exact). The Halloween Show did terrible on it's own and now it wants to hang on the coat tails of the haunt industry. I think I was one of the people who posted that Halloween and Haunts go hand in hand and if they aren't together one is bound to fail. I think Stevie Wonder could have seen this coming. One big indication that this was going to happen is when the show's name was changed to The Halloween and Attractions Show Featuring The Haunt Show. Transworld was planning on having both shows together all along and having The Halloween Show as the primary focus and The Haunt Show as a side thing.
                  Last edited by Jolly Pumpkin; 02-28-2010, 05:00 PM.
                  Spooky Wishes
                  Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Couple things...

Was the Halloween show in Chicago good business wise to you?

Weather... there is a big difference Chicago is so damn windy that it feels like its 10 times colder. Weather in Chicago is worse its further north, they get more ice and snow. Temp wise they are about the same that is true.

Site... St. Louis is cheaper for the vendors and the exhibitors and there is more things to do. So I'll take St. Louis anyday over ROSEMONT. I don't think there is any doubt Chicago is a cooler city than St. Louis, the city itself, lots more going on up there for sure. We have better baseball though! LOL

But Rosemont is NOT Chicago and the unions in Chicago are horrid compared to just about anywhere but Vegas they really suck up there.

Lastly, its really funny isn't how the retail show needs the haunt show to save it from extinction. Now its up to the haunts to take down Rubies Houston show... show them who really owns Halloween.

Its a proud moment! Haunts are important after all! Rubies and Houston should be worried about right now.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I don't think so.

I had my best show EVER in Houston. Long live the Houston show!
                      and the Chicago Show got what it DESERVED.
                      They FLAT OUT LIED TO MY FACE IN VEGAS SO IRREGARDLESS OF ST LOUIS, CHICAGO TRANSWORLD CAN KISS MY ASS. And apparently I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I'll be in St Louis next year but I would have been there this year if the good ol boys in Chicage hadn't steered me to Vegas INSTEAD OF St Louis in 2009, and cost me THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS, lost freight and more. I called them in 2009 to go to the St Louis show and they told me "No you want the show in Vegas, that's where you should be".

No, by going to Houston this year I got to make more sales than ever AND stick it to Transworld. I'll be there again next year.

I'm planning on St Louis next year so the Chicago boys can do some ass kissin. And I'll certainly give them the opportunity because they sure wanted to blow some smoke up it in 2009.

And YOU should THANK Houston for being a successfull show because my success there allows me to spend some of that in St Louis next year. It's that kind of tit for tat crap that leads up to the kind of stuff we're talking about. You can compete with someone or realise that we need all of these shows, not one over the other.
                      Last edited by michaeldavy; 02-28-2010, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Hey,

Yes, the Chicago show was good for us. TransWorld worked really hard to bring in the buyers so even if attendance is down you never know who's going to be at the show. Got some really good new business.

I am very happy that both of the shows are going to be together and (as important) in the midwest.

I don't want to say "never" but I'm 99.9% positive the Houston show will not become a haunt show unless they really tank. Based on this year's show I don't see that happening soon. It was pretty strong.

We'll do both shows next year. I wish it was like old days but it won't be for a while.

Ed

Comment

I am thrilled that the shows are rejoining, since we dealt with both the haunt and party vendors.
                          Katie Lane
                          Partner/VP
                          Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                          sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

The Formula didn't Work?

"Make two haunts from one, charge more, sell package deal tickets, make more money?
                            Take one trade show , make it into two sell spaces to the same venders twice, make more money?"
                            Oh, I guess people have to show up to make that work?
                            But what do I know? The defroster on my lenses on my bunker's periscope quit and my vision of distant events are foggy...."Load the howitzer anyway, I guess, accquiring target....
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I think that since the shows are combining again its a good thing. Also we have proven we can do it on our own, it is rejoining now more as equals it seems rather than us riding their coattails, we did what we set out to do prove we could stand alone and we did that very well.

Allan

Comment

Working...
                              X