what type of ads??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what type of ads??

well, i have seen some ads going around the net and it came to me. does it cost less to make a youtube ad or to put the same ad on TV? same thing goes with having a myspace or facebook. I think it would be because if you do it right then here is what i'll do..

myspace for the haunt

put home made tv ads for youtube

myspace for all of my haunted gouls

do you think this will work out?? or am i talking right?? I hope so...

HG
    it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

Myspace is OLD NEWS.

Everyone is now on Facebook. Fortunately, you can create a page for your haunt and people can "Become fans" of said page which allows you to post updates to EVERYONE who is a fan. This in it self could be a fantastic marketing tool. Only trick is to get people to become fans of your haunt, especially if they haven't even heard of you before.

Put together a cool ad or have one made. (Obviously depending on your budget) and get that up on YouTube. If you have statements from previous years from your patrons like 'Best haunt in the state of Idaho!" or whatever. Make sure to include those in your marketing tools. Build yourself up and make people think they NEED to see this awesome haunt.

Another core thing is to have a good marketing team. Get some volunteers of your haunt and give them stacks of fliers, posters, and business cards to pass out at school, work, and around your town. A haunt in my area went to the college I went to and put fliers on a bunch of the car windows in the parking lot. Not sure if they asked permission, but it was a great way to get the word out.

Another good thing I would have is a radio sponsor to sponsor your event. Give them free tickets in place of air time at your haunt. Have live remotes on the weekends and have the radio station have contests throughout the month giving away free tickets to your haunt. Think of the thousands of people listening to the radio on their way to work, at work, and on their way home form work.

I'm sure many 'pros' on here will have plenty to say as well.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Front Yard Fright; 03-03-2010, 12:15 AM.
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

oh , please response this thread , im very interest too .

im recommend

billboards
      posters
      cupons
      radios sponsors
      youtube ads
      facebook
      free web events

im not recommend

tv
      cable
      newspaper
      magazines

Comment

I do like "free" ads.... aka myspace, facebook, youtube, ect...

some things you have to put out money is in the TV/ radio.

but putting out paper ads for a haunt is hard to do, why you ask??

well, one see it as an ad and then one see it as a " why the hell they put this $#@% on my car!! " thats why i like that because they will still see the ad!!! LOL

well hopefully more people will give more info in this..

some times i feel like " white & nerdy"

HG
        it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

Comment

Tommy Bartlett's Water Show

In Wisconsin used to put bumper stickers on every car in their parking lot, then after a few years they began asking first before they stuck it to you! (HHMM? Wonder why they started asking first?)
          I put 120- 8.5 by 11 inch flyers on the cars parked at a Sunday afternoon movie house in Dubuque, Iowa (70 miles from my house)
          Only one person showed up from this as far as I could tell, but it was a car load..then those people brought their friends and they brought more and pretty soon I was seeing alot of people from Dubuque here where previously none had found me.
          You never know?
          Of course most busy mall parking lots have rules about doing this and if they fine you for littering....
          The biggest waste of money in ads was the movie gallery program available free inside the entrance to the theater..Nobody picks these up or notices the ads, I bought land fill for $450.
          Live & hopefully "learn".
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I think you should do the MS page. Put your videos and pics up there. It's free. Why not? Post the videos, pics and information. Put the link on your FB and plug plug plug away.
            What I think is great about MS that you can't do on FB is have a great main page with a catchy background pic. You can post so much on the profile page.
            As far as starting individual profiles for your key characters I have seen it fall to the wayside on our page. Too much to keep up. Post a pic and a brief bio or something.

It's a free website. I personally get alot of traffic yet. Searches are much easier too
            StackerSteve
            LoT 27
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lot-27...060788?ref=sgm

Comment

Working...
            X