HHA Ultimate Brainstorm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HHA Ultimate Brainstorm

OK, this is an event for HHA Members only, held from 4:45PM-6:45PM Friday Afternoon March 26th at the Transworld Show. At this event we will discuss all of the sorts of things that effect your business, marketing, operations, and of course, putting the terror into your customers!

We will cover lots of ground, we will ALL be sharing ideas, best practices, and the clever ways we do what we do!

So those of you who are HHA members or who plan on joining at the show, what are the most important topics you want to spend the most time on?

- What are the questions you want answered?
    - How can HHA help your business?
    - More on Marketing, More on Scares?
    - In a room full of your peers, fellow Haunted House owners, what do you want to share?

Lets start a thread about what you what covered so we can devote the most energy to what YOU what to know.

Thanks!
    Ben Armstrong
    NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
    www.Fearworld.com
    www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Marketing is my number one priority this season. I would prefer as much information on successfull ways to get people to the door...

I think it would be really helpful if some of the more established events would be willing to release some of their exit polling figures from years past. Getting statistics about other events "How did you hear about us?" question would be awesome.

As far as things HHA could do to help haunts... I think a directory with licensed architects willing to work with haunted attractions would be great. That was a huge roadblock last year for us obtaining a building permit.

But primarily marketing, what works and what doesn't, is my main request...
    Jordan Renda
    www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

Comment

Ben

I think this is a great idea. Sort of a round table discussion. But what about adding people from all parts of the industry as part of the round table. Large venue owner or operator, someone who is serious about marketing, a Vendor, someone who take seriously the add-ons such as t-shirts or other products, trailer haunts, safety, Construction, etc....
      People that are focused on different aspects of their business to provide lots of different perspectives.
      Kevin R. Alvey
      info at gore-galore.com
      www.gore-galore.com
      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

I am all about it. Just want to make sure we can squeeze the best content into the time we have, and make it most relevant to the members intrests.

Should be well spent time, and a really valuable member benifit.

Thanks!
        Ben Armstrong
        www.Fearworld.com
        www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

How about a discussion about add ons. I have the customer at our haunt, now how do I get a few extra dollars out of them? What has worked best and has the best profit margin? T-shirts, glo sticks, Concessions, Photo-ops or maybe a last ride or something similar ? Thanks
          Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

I suggest a public service announce that any HHA member can use. These are always free in the newspaper and sometimes radio. It needs to contain information like we attended haunters convention with "123" in attendance. Cover the seminars and safety tips, anything new that we can use to promote the haunt and make public aware we continue to educate ourselves year round.

Comment

Suggestion

Ben,

I would like to hear tips about dealing with the state Fire Marshall. Anyone starting up, like we are, needs to make sure that the right approach is used when creating that relationship.
              Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
              Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
              www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

Comment

Great suggestions!

I am firming up the planning in the next few days -

Any more input?

Thanks!
                Ben Armstrong