No announcement yet.

Sadly & Unfortunately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know you personally either, but I am praying that all goes well and that you recovery fully and quickly. People say my camera is permanently attached to me, so I will take many pics at Transworld and post them on a site for you to view.
    -Lauren
    sigpic

Comment

Thats really bad and sorry to hear about this. Eric is right Transworld will be there bigger and better than this year next March. So take care and get better. P.M me your address and I will too send you a get well soon care package from this years Transworld Show. OKAY!
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

Man that just totally totally SUCKS... I got your email about this and I was going to send you my best. I really do hope nothing but the best for you and if there is ANYTHING I can do you just let me know. Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

John, if you don't mind, what type of tumor is it?
          My fingers are crossed for you buddy. It will be over before you know it and (hopefully) you wont remember a thing from it. Exactly 15 months ago yesterday, I went in around 5:30am for open heart surgery to have a piece of my heart cut out. I woke up that evening with a couple tubes down my throat. After some tugging and 'bird' tossing (at the nurse) the tubes came out and I was able to talk and breath again on my own. I remember absolutely nothing from the surgery. I'm not going to sugar coat it, healing was difficult but but your hurdles will be different than mine. I'm now fighting a small brain tumor of my own but my hope is that we caught it in time and the meds will dissolve it without the need for surgery.
          I wish you ALL the luck in the world that day, John. You're going to go through something not many people will understand when it's over-with. Be sure to give yourself the time you need to heal properly afterwards. Take comfort in your friends and family and don't be too shy to ring that bell when you need something
          Keep us updated on your progress!
          By the way, I asked if they could video it for me... They couldn't but I got a couple nice 8.5X11 glossy photo's of my heart! lol

Comment

John---I'm so sorry to hear this. Stay positive and I hope you are back up on your feet and back to the haunt soon. We are really looking forward to seeing the new room ideas you are planning this year.
            On a side note...The haunt John is at is fantastic. If you are ever in Nashville you must stop by Death Row. It is an amazingly huge haunt with practically every prop and animation ever made and John has some great room ideas.

Comment

I don't know you personally but me and my family wish you the very best of luck and a speedy recovery... you will be in our prayers.
              Come see what lies BENEATH!
              www.cagleshauntedbarn.com

Comment

I guess...

Best of luck fellow haunter. These times are hard but we pull through with a stronger out look and a cool scar. Get well soon!
                ~Matt~
                "Good things come to those who wait but, only things left by those who hustle"
                "What's the matter? Never seen a pig before?" - Barnibus Rhindes

Comment

Im sayin a pryaer for you right now, and I really hope you pull thru this.

Keep us updated about how the surgery goes.
                  Brad Bowen
                  Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                  www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

All the best. I'll echo everyone else and say that nothing is more important than your health right now. The rest can wait. I'll be praying for you. Hang in there.
                    Kip Polley
                    www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                    We Engineer Fear

Comment

Just take care of yourself.
                      And we will miss you at Transworld.
                      But I hope to see you posting excessively here on the forum following your surgery.
                      Kevin R. Alvey
                      info at gore-galore.com
                      www.gore-galore.com
                      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

I will be praying for you.
                        As people have said, I don't know you but consider you a fellow haunter in the family!
                        Best wishes,
                        Kirk
                        Kirk Boemmel
                        Dark Ghost Manor
                        www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

John, the entire Raycliff Fright Team is holding you in positive thoughts and prayers. When you come through this, may it deliver to you a renewed lease on life with an even greater heightened sense of passion for pursuing and living your dreams. The darkest storms can produce the most beatiful skies as they diminish my friend and you are only passing through a veil that will open you to a brand new experience! Please do post updates so we can share in the joy of your expedient recovery. As was said in a previous post, you are haunt family!

Kel
                          sigpic
                          Kelly Allen
                          Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                          www.RaycliffManor.com
                          www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                          www.HauntBook.com

Comment

THANK YOU to EVERYONE for the EVER SO KIND WORDS. I felt tears coming to my eyes as I read all your posts, words fail me right now as I try to think of a way to express my gratitude. So I say THANK YOU ALL again.
                            The surgery is at 9AM, on Wed. of next week, I think the only other harder thing for me to go through than the surgery itself is the waiting of arrival at that day. They tried scheduling my surgery sooner but I guess the book is pretty full up until that day. THANKFULLY for me, the tumor (intraventricular) is NOT an aggresive tumor BUT it is big & in a bad enough place that it needs to come out. I found out I've had this now for 10 years, that news shocked the hell out of me! So here it is now, the present, & my day is coming up soon.
                            John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Comment

Originally posted by Fear Unfathomed View Post
                              I don't know you personally either, but I am praying that all goes well and that you recovery fully and quickly. People say my camera is permanently attached to me, so I will take many pics at Transworld and post them on a site for you to view.
                              -Lauren
                              Thank you & greatly apprecaited.

John
                              John Elks - Staff

Comment

Originally posted by SpookywoodsFX.com View Post
                                John, if you don't mind, what type of tumor is it?
                                My fingers are crossed for you buddy. It will be over before you know it and (hopefully) you wont remember a thing from it. Exactly 15 months ago yesterday, I went in around 5:30am for open heart surgery to have a piece of my heart cut out. I woke up that evening with a couple tubes down my throat. After some tugging and 'bird' tossing (at the nurse) the tubes came out and I was able to talk and breath again on my own. I remember absolutely nothing from the surgery. I'm not going to sugar coat it, healing was difficult but but your hurdles will be different than mine. I'm now fighting a small brain tumor of my own but my hope is that we caught it in time and the meds will dissolve it without the need for surgery.
                                I wish you ALL the luck in the world that day, John. You're going to go through something not many people will understand when it's over-with. Be sure to give yourself the time you need to heal properly afterwards. Take comfort in your friends and family and don't be too shy to ring that bell when you need something
                                Keep us updated on your progress!
                                By the way, I asked if they could video it for me... They couldn't but I got a couple nice 8.5X11 glossy photo's of my heart! lol
                                It's a intraventricular tumor, it's in the part of the brain that makes spinal fluid, from what I remember of the diagram I was shown there are two areas in the brain that make spinal fluid & the tumor has almost completely taken over one of those areas. THANKFULLY for me the tumor is slow growing & non-aggressive BUT because of it's size, etc., it has to come out. I am trying to stay as optimistic as possible so I do have one funny thing to say- The day I found out I had a tumor one of the very first things I did was stare at myself in the mirror & instead of having the "more important" thoughts like I should've had I thought to myself "Damn! I hope I don't miss Halloween this season!" I told that to a few friends of mine, they thought I had really lost it!
                                The good thing now is I AM looking forward to a brighter future, & can't wait to get back into my prop building! I have several flesh.....fresh ideas that would make my friends here at home envious!

John
                                Last edited by newhorror2010; 03-18-2010, 01:18 PM.
                                John Elks - Staff

Comment

Working...
                                X