Living La Vida Raycliff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living La Vida Raycliff!

I received the following email from one of our Fright Team members, Todd, today. I have to tell you, this email made my year! It literally brought tears to my eyes. Like I told Todd, I am so proud of Cody's commitment to living the Raycliff Revolution and inspiring others, myself included, to do the same! What an amazing young man Todd and his wife Suzie are raising! Viva La Raycliff Revolution! <------ click here to learn about the Raycliff Revolution!

"Kelly,

I have been meaning to tell you this for about 2 weeks but keep forgetting. Just in case you need a little pick-me-up.

Only my son would take the Raycliff Revolution to higher levels! Around the beginning of the year, one of Cody’s friends was having problems with his knee. His Mom took him to the doctor to get it checked out and they wound up going to KC because he had a growth that covered his right knee and lower leg. It is cancerous and they sent him to KC for treatment. His name is Brice and he started to get lonely not being in school and seeing his friends. Well, Cody used a video recorder from school and went around to everyone, teachers included, and put together a 30 minute video with everyone saying Hi and wishing him well. He did all of the editing himself and sent it to him. His Mom said that it was a BIG hit. Cool idea! Well, he took this one step further and when Brice found out that he was going to have to go through chemotherapy and lose his hair, Cody organized a contest at school. He talked some friends and a couple of teachers into having their heads shaved! They sold tickets for 50 cents each and the kids would put their ticket into a jar for who they wanted to shave. Some of the teachers didn’t want their head shaved so they shaved their legs instead. Cody was one of them that had his head shaved, almost clean shaved! I have a picture that I attached. The picture is early in his “trim”. Notice the shirt he’s wearing! In 5 days, they raised almost $400 to give to Brice’s Mom. She was overwhelmed at what they had done. I made contact with some of my media friends and they did a story on the 5, 6 and 10:00 news.

Cody has been keeping in touch with Brice ever since he went to KC and last night Cody found out that Brice is going to have to have his leg amputated. Cody was pretty bummed out with the news. The doctors gave Brice 2 choices: have surgery and have both knees replaced (growth plates and all so he probably not grow any taller and still have problems later in life) or have his leg amputated and be fitted for a prosthetic. Keep in mind that Brice is 14 years old. It took him all of 5 minutes to make his decision and have his leg taken. He said he wanted to be able to do normal stuff that normal people could do later in life. His Mom couldn’t argue with him. On his FaceBook page everyone called him Robo Dude. Brice told Cody- now I can BE Robo Dude! Talk about a positive attitude and a great outlook on life! After talking with Brice, Cody feels a lot better and Suzie is taking Cody and a few friends to KC tomorrow to visit Brice.

Cody has been talking up the Raycliff Revolution to kids at school and they seem interested in it. He said a lot of kids asked him about his shirt the day they shaved his head. He told them about Raycliff and about the Raycliff Revolution. He was trying to make someone else’s life better because he could. He told me that this was just the beginning of the Raycliff Revolution at Joplin South Middle School.

Suzie and I could not be more proud of Cody! As the Revolution says, “Being a part of the Raycliff Revolution means refusing to live life as a victim and taking control of our lives. If we aren’t happy, it’s time to focus our attention and our intention on manifesting what we want! Most importantly of all, being a Raycliff Revolutionary means putting a stop to hate, helping others in need and contributing to the society we live in so that we leave our world better then we found it.” I think Cody has taught me a lot in his actions with Brice. I think he has the Raycliff Revolution philosophy down and understands what it’s all about! What a GREAT son I have!!! Just thought I would share one of the positive things that you both have brought to us by moving here. Life’s short- help make someone happy!

Todd"
    Last edited by Raycliff Manor; 03-17-2010, 03:40 PM.
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Kelly,

Wow, such wisdom in such young people!

Thank you for sharing this with us.
    Ed Roberts
    Founder
    The Nightmare Factory
    www.nightmarefactorysalem.com
    www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Comment

Very very cool... and such a positive message Kel.

THanks for posting. Very cool indeed.

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it too. It's stories like Brice's, and Cody's actions to support him that really makes us look at lives and count our blessings. It also helps to put things in perspective! : )

Kel
        sigpic
        Kelly Allen
        www.RaycliffManor.com
        www.HauntBook.com

Comment

hey kel we were packing the Tundra for Raycliff manor sat when we went to your site for last minute info and bang , im so sorry to hear about the show and attendance but as you know every thing happens for a reason my friend cant wait to see you in st louis man and now like all ways you can move forward knowing you guys did your best give the crew ouyr love and see you next week end brother

Comment

Regarding my reply below... Sorry about that Mike! I've been too busy lately and doing too much multi-tasking! I just realized I thought I was replying to Greg at Fearfest! LOL

Hey Bro! I'm looking forward to seeing you too! Mom thinks it's funny that it takes a haunt convention to get us together! LOL I just saw your PM. Sorry I missed it. I appreciate the offer. I know it's too late now, but that's alright. I've really been so busy I probably wouldn't have had time to follow up on it anyway. Thanks again and I'll see you soon!

Kel
            Last edited by Raycliff Manor; 03-21-2010, 04:57 PM.
            sigpic
            Kelly Allen
            www.RaycliffManor.com
            www.HauntBook.com

Comment

No apology needed my friend i fully understand

Comment

I am looking forward to seeing you again Mike! It's been a long time man! I'm anxious to hear how things are going for you and your haunt!

Kel
                sigpic
                Kelly Allen
                www.RaycliffManor.com
                www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Working...
                X