How to approach fake injuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to approach fake injuries

I have had two new haunts pop up near me. The crew of "B" haunt went to the other "A" haunt early in season last year. While at haunt "A " a cast member from "B" faked an injury. Owners of 'A" were filing out injury report before another member of "B" told the supposedly injured "B" teammate to knock it off and quit faking. I heard about this from owner of 'A" last fall near end of season. I plan on talking to owner of "B" before 2010 season opens. Any suggestions?

Two words...................
    SECURITY CAMERAS!

They are great for these issues. it saves you and your actors grief!

Greg
    Fearfest
    Greg Allen
    scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
    www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Was fake blood used?

A customer did that here. I laughed at him, he was way too short to have ever actually hit his head on anyrhing, he did a good job with the blood though he didn't over do it, then he began laughing, admitted his act, too late I had already pulled the trigger, sorry.
      The guy had been here numerous times with his wife, after that they got divorced, maybe someone was faking something else too?
      Just a theory.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

First, that is sad that another haunt would fake an injury when visiting a different haunt.

I agree with Greg about the security cameras, it will definitely provide any proof needed in that situation.
        Katie Lane
        Partner/VP
        Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
        sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Security cameras would help especially if you went to them and said hey I tape everything they might clam up quick... but I wouldn't even let someone who's pretending to fill out anything. I might even tell them I was calling the police on them but I don't know the laws so who knows.

I would make them leave I can tell you that. Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

My Tape Showed He lied

and then the a-hole lieing loser went to jail for the night, just a block away from my house.
            I caught him stealing some small trinkets of mine as he was going through my house, I said, "Well you're nothing but a thief!" as I removed the two items as they were sticking out of his chest pockets..I was done with the situation..but then he began teling my employees that he was going to sue me because I had punched him!??? (I never said anything threatening, I never pulled an arm back pretending to punch or anything like that at all)
            He knew Judge So& So and his brother is a State cop, and HE is an undercover cop!
            My one employee asked to see his cop I.D.
            He couldn't show it to him because he is really deep cover! (Yes, he actually said all of this)
            He repeated his BS again infront of a real policeman, I asked him if this was what really had happened? (His last chance to come clean and walk away)
            He clung to his lies, oh well?
            "Take him away officier, everything that happened in that room is on video tape."
            His little narrow eyes widened substantially as the realization hit him.
            No he was Not a deep-cover officer, in fact he didn't even have a viable driver's license(you don't need one while piloting Mommy's couch!)
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

My trail is over 1/3 of a mile long outside in the weather. Don't see how I could use video cameras. I think most responders are missing that this did not happen at my haunt...but between two other haunts close by. I am trying to figure out how to approach the guilty haunts owner. Going over there like a loose canon would only get me a visit by one of the guys friends who would fake injury at my place this time or the middle of the night trashing of my place.

Comment

In the off hours place no trespassing signs. If you catch them trashing the place all you have to do is call the law and you have them. Without signs the police cant do anything. You can always pull them back up after you open again.
                Damon
                Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                X