Grimley Transworld/Darkness Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grimley Transworld/Darkness Report

Just a quick wrap up of the show from our point of view.

Getting into St Louis this year was the same foul weather that met us last year this time. The plane ride in was probably on of the worst I have ever experienced. Someone needs to develop a plane ride simulation that involves a crash. Good thing was the weather cleared up Thursday night and was good until we left Sunday Morning.

First day on the floor was Friday which was really cool because not everyone had arrived and the floor was clear enough to do some talking and buying with vendors. I just wish we had done all of our buying Friday as Saturday there were way too many people on the floor. You couldn't move and trying to place an order sucked royally. And the 16 year old age limit was definitely NOT being enforced as there were several there not of age. Next year we will be going earlier to buy on Thursday and Friday and avoid Saturday all together.

Saturday we attended Eric L of Haunted Overload seminar on creating huge creatures which was well worth the investment. This guy is an idol of mine ever since I saw pics of his home haunt. His seminar was precise and worth every penny. You could tell he spent a lot of time prepping for his seminar. I recommend his seminar next year if he does one.

We also attended the HHA auction on Saturday. The auction itself was filled to the brim with people and there were a lot of items up for auction. I know the auctioneer(Rich Hanf) was supposed to get the most money for each item but he was working way too slow. I think he did like three items in the first 20 minutes and there were dozens to go so we split very early on.

Saturday night we had tickets to the Darkness Haunted House. Last year made me apprehensive about going again but Larry has been pushing his latest round of renovations so we all made the trip again. We arrived at 9:15 for our 9:30 tickets and we went right inside. We waited maybe 30 minutes vs 2 and half hours last year so that was very nice. The actors last year were fewer in number and not all that enthusiastic. This year the actors were top notch and covered every inch of the haunt. My hats off to Larry for the superb work all of his actors did. It is pretty hard to scare other people in the industry but they got us good at least a dozen times. To the young man wearing the Grey demon SPFX mask I am sorry you timed your leap while I had my head down looking at Larry's nice detailing. I think you got the worst of the headbutt. He did get me back though scaring me at least 5 more times at various points in the haunt. The church scene upstairs was my favorite new scene in the Darkness and it looked great. There were some very energetic clowns in the 3D haunt and they did a great job.
    Overall a fantastic experience this year.

I think the Transworld show itself was the best hauntshow in the 6 years I have attended as far as diversity of product, new vendors and new product. There were several new Special fx companies with Hollywood backgrounds that made their debuts.as well as some new mask companies. Every vendor I talked to said sales were strong Friday and Superb on Saturday. I will look forward to the new recombined shows next year and hope that it is half as good as this year.
    Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

just got home to texas, WOW

just got home to texas, WOW ,i had a great time, have learned so much just watching, larry great job , i cant step up to your plate ,but i can improve, Thank You.
    sigpic
    Boomtownscare.com
    Boomtownhouseofterror.com

Comment

the darkness was excellent....great detail.....great job larry....

Comment

Thanks for all who attended the HHA auction and helped make it a huge sucess.

Grimey, it started off a little slow before the bidding really got going but after the first half an hour it really picked up!

Thanks,
        Allan
        Last edited by MDKing; 03-29-2010, 04:31 PM.

Comment

We had a great time out there as well. The Darkness was top notch. I am looking forward to going again next year.
          Richard Alvarado
          Moxley Manor Haunted House

www.moxleymanor.com
          www.nightscarebeforechristmas.com
          Stalk Us on Facebook
          Stalk Us on Twitter
          Stalk Us on YouTube

Comment

Working...
          X