Price of wood getting outrageous!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price of wood getting outrageous!

I was curious to hear what wood is going for in other parts of the country. In Maryland right now, a sheet of 7/16" OSB is up to $10 per sheet, and 2x4x8 lumber is about $2.75 per. Last year OSB was about $5.75 I think and 2x4x8's were $2 per. If you're building a lot these increases add up quick.

Has anyone else noticed a large increase in pricing? No hurricanes, few local disasters, I wonder why so expensive.

Thanks,
    Allan

I noticed out here in Vegas gas is going up fast! That always effects the price of everything.
    Dan Slatkin
    SlightlySick Illusions
    Our YouTube page
    SBE Sites the home of the $2 web site
    Our Sponsor

Comment

They are and will be still working on Katrina, and I wish I had your pricing for osb I have paid 22.00 for them in the last 2 years. haven't seen 5.75 for 8-9 years. that's Cal. for ya.:-(
      Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

Originally posted by MDKing View Post
        I was curious to hear what wood is going for in other parts of the country. In Maryland right now, a sheet of 7/16" OSB is up to $10 per sheet, and 2x4x8 lumber is about $2.75 per. Last year OSB was about $5.75 I think and 2x4x8's were $2 per. If you're building a lot these increases add up quick.

Has anyone else noticed a large increase in pricing? No hurricanes, few local disasters, I wonder why so expensive.

Thanks,
        Allan
        Stop shopping at Home Depot, find a local lumber yard and set up an account. Normally you will save at the point of sale and if you pay your full bill the day it's due you will save another 10%

Chris

Comment

Thanks.

Wow, Cali stores Charge $22 per sheet of OSB? That's crazy....

Allan

Comment

Wood getting outrageous!

Here in Delaware at Home Depot, 7/16" OSB is $9.97, 2x4's $2.55, 2x3's $1.68, 1/2" 3 ply $16.60. I always print out HD and Lowes price off their website at take it in to the store. they both have the price match and beat it by 10% , so if it is a penny cheaper at one store the other will beat it. I'm not sure how much your getting and how far you are from Delaware but it's tax free here too.
            frightland.com

Comment

Thanks Phil,

I'm not too far from Delaware, it may be worth the trip on a big order.Your prices on OSB are the same as mine, 2x4's a little cheaper though...

Allan

Comment

Damn the S.O.B board!
                Damon
                Damon Carson

Comment

Here in Northern California OSB was $7 last summer, now it's up to $12. But plywood seems to not be affected as much, ($14) maybe time to build this years walls from the much nicer plywood.

-Joel-
                  Heartstoppers
                  Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
                  www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

Working...
                  X