Group Sales cut off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Sales cut off

Quick question for anyone with experience when it comes to group sales. How many people do you set it at before they qualify for a discount? I was thinking around 8-10, does that sound right? And yes, we will only be offering this discount online.

Thanks,
    -Joel-
    Heartstoppers
    Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
    www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

We do groups of 20+

Kale

Comment

I like 12, its pretty easy to get 10 folks together if you have a teenager and they have a few friends. aside from a price break what else do they get? fast pass? Just curious.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

between 5-12 people isnt really a group...most people come out with that many people anyways...thats why we do 20+ wich is a pretty good price break. They have to all pay as a group, not individually. We also give them a fast pass given the line is not crazy at the time for that...

Kale

Comment

we start at 15 to 19 $4.00 off then 20 to 49 $5.00 off and 50 or more $6.00 off

P.S. we end up having a group of 117 last season from a high school .
          Last edited by Terrorknight; 04-15-2010, 12:37 PM.

Comment

I always liked to do it in groups of 10. Seems pretty even number.
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

At Terrorplex we do groups of 10+, we may do 12-15 this season. They have to call before noon the day of coming or send an email 24 hours in advance. They can not just show up and get the discount. This seems to work well.

Comment

"We have a group, can we get a discount?"

"How many in your group?"
                "There's four of us."
                And I'm looking at a whole parking lot full of people behind them.
                They also might be the "group" that wants me to give them their own private tour...with a whole parking lot of customers waiting to come in.....
                Some people can be so dumb.
                "I don't like all these crowds."
                "We are open almost every night of the entire year, come back in the off-season."
                "OK, well see you next October!"
                "(???")
                We don't do "discounts". Would any of you discount a $12.00 ticket for a 90 minute guided tour?
                The house capacity is also limited, as it should be to attempt to give the customers a really good show.
                300 customers loving it , or 3,000 customers saying , "What the hell was that supposed to be?"
                I need repeat business.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Here is my take.

Do you offer discounts? NO! Why? Well its a seasonal attraction were only open at most 1 month out of the year so we got to get it while the getting is good. So NO! I NEVER HAVE GIVEN DISCOUNTS! However I always allow Military ( must show military ID they deserve it for what they do for us) and Handycap ( they have enough to deal with in life in my opinion) in free of charge ! All others come and enjoy the show or keep your ass at home its your call! Shane and that's just how it is! Shane this time!
                  sigpic

Comment

IF you do group sales, always require a single payment, not each pays for themself.
                    Restrict days it is available. Why give a discount on a Friday or Saturday night????
                    Also a cut off day. Again, why discount the last week of Halloween.
                    The ONLY reason to give a discount is to drive people to little attended times in your schedule.
                    Like Shane said we're only open 1 month!!

We need to have a "Costco Mentality", you see something there you buy it right then because you don't know if it will ever come back. We need that same sense of urgency, less than thirty days and we're GONE till next year!!!
                    R&J Productions
                    Las Vegas, NV
                    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

I rarely do discounts to haunted trail, but I am $10. 1/3 mile long trail with vortex, hellevator, 4 shacks, and normally have a few big props like Scarefactory Slayer, Impaler, Scissor serpent, and 25+ actors. We let a MAXIMUM of 7 people go through haunted trail together. A group of 8 just became two groups and are staggered a minute apart or more. So group rate means nothing to me; I am busy all night unless weather is bad. My corn maze that will leave you twisted around for 1 1/2 hours is $6. I combo the two for $15. People keep coming back. Will add military ID discount I saw above...two thumbs up on that! I have handicap groups I open special hours when they want and severely discount that for maze.

Comment

deaf discount

Yes, they were signing and wanted a discount because they wouldn't be hearing what was being said, ex cetra. So my Wife gave their group a discount, then with all the lights on she accidently scared the deaf leader of the group when she was standing behind him and he got preoccupied by something he was looking at.
                        It was one of those "doing absolutely nothing" scares, she didn't move, make a noise, no mask make up or costume. She felt bad...but it was funny.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hey Joel - long time no see!

We do group discounts for 20+. Must be online, which means one piece of paper, and hand the 20+ tickets to one person. The time saved during this transaction at our cashier booth is well worth the discount to me.

Of course there's always the I bought 23 and now we have 24 in the group, or we want to upgrade to Speed Passes or we bought 24 but only have 23 attending.... it's always something!

Originally posted by ClusterOne View Post
                          Quick question for anyone with experience when it comes to group sales. How many people do you set it at before they qualify for a discount? I was thinking around 8-10, does that sound right? And yes, we will only be offering this discount online.

Thanks,
                          -Joel-
                          http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Comment

Thanks for all the great input everyone, it seems my 8-10 is a bit low. Karl, good to hear from you. Your point about speeding up the ticket booth is a good one, never thought of that!

It seems that some of you toss in the speedpass with group sales, I never even thought of doing that. May I ask why you are giving them even more value for a discount? Maybe I'm missing something.

And letting the military and handicap in for free....interesting. What do you do for a handicapped military, give them $20

Anymore info would be great, thanks again!

-Joel-
                            Heartstoppers
                            Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
                            www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

Hummm

I think that was ment as a joke but actually a few days ago a guy standing on the corner was a handicap Veteran asking for help in paying the deductible on his insurance. I gave him not 20 bucks but 100 bucks I seen an old van parked there and his wife and 2 little kids were there too. Yeah anyone who fights for my freedom and safety will get that 20 if needed from me seems like our own country tends to forget about them and they have gave so much for me.

Sorry I am a big joker everyone knows that but not when it comes to things like that. I also had a good friend who was handicap in a wheelchair I seen his daily struggles. I will never forget we all went to the fair once and there was a lot of gravel at the fair grounds it was so hard for him to get around we were there to have fun but instead it was a struggle for him. If I can make someone's day that don't have the luxuries in life I have then you bet I will do whatever I can. If they come to my haunt I will go above and beyond to make them feel special . Shane and its just my feelings! Shane this time.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X