Unexpected move for POE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected move for POE

After 11 years in our current location, Pirates of Emerson has been forced to move

We knew from the beginning that the land we were on would be a rapid transit station - someday. Just figured that someday wouldn't really happen. Imagine our surprise when we recived official notice to vacate for contruction starting next month! What bad economy?

After due diligence we are now located in a much better, but not as familiar to us, location, the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton. Not only will our haunt increase to 4.5 acres, but we now have over 12,000 parking spaces available and ELECTRICAL. Enough of that having to turn the parking lots over on busy nights!!

The Fairgrounds is as happy to have us as we are to be there. Should be a successful, long term situation. Two moves in 19 years is killing me!

Hope to see some of you there - much easier to find, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Karl Fields; 04-18-2010, 10:50 PM.
    http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Good thing the notice came now instead of a few months from now.

Good luck with the new location. Sounds like a good fit.
    sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

Wow

First Graystone Manor (Shane) then Haunted Overload (Eric) now Pirates Of Emerson (Karl) wow must be year of the moves! Well at least we all can share. Good luck man I wish you the best! Shane and its the boat is growing! Shane this time!
      sigpic

Comment

Your new place sounds great! After seeing all the pix/video of the old show, I would love to make it out there sometime to see the new one!
        missjayne
        Netherworld Haunted Attractions
        http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Banshee View Post
          Your new place sounds great! After seeing all the pix/video of the old show, I would love to make it out there sometime to see the new one!
          Road trip?
          http://www.bigscaryshow.com
          http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Good to find out now instead of in two months!!! We had a storage yard move like that. Property was bought out by the city, they only gave us 3 weeks to move!! Had to scramble to first even find somewhere to move!!! 4 Years later it's STILL vacant and they haven't even used the property!!!

So are you going to be able to set up and leave your haunt there? Is it in buildings or do you have to set up tents and rebuild every year??

Good luck on the new location, may work out for the best!!!

Rich
            R&J Productions
            Las Vegas, NV
            www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Wow all these moves but so far it looks like all the moves are on a positive note and will allow lots of growth.
              I hope everything goes great for you Karl.
              Proud to be able to work at
              http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Hey Karl,
                I know how hard it is to move, but you have already discovered that things will be better than ever. This proves the point that everything happens for a reason.
                Just make sure and get this info to the public immediately.
                Good Luck my friend!

I also have some insane news I will be broadcasting soon about our company and the new huge design job we will soon be finalizing.
                Kevin R. Alvey
                info at gore-galore.com
                www.gore-galore.com
                www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Good luck Karl!

Moving is a killer but exciting as well. At least we all still have a few months lead time. Like Rich said, better now than in August. I'm glad you found a better spot, that's awesome about the parking!

Keep us posted, I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

Eric
                  www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Well you knew this day was coming. I'm very happy to hear that your landing on your feet!
                    If you open early enough in the season, I am going to try my damnedest to get up there with some of my crew.

-Joel-
                    Heartstoppers
                    Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
                    www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

Working...
                    X