No announcement yet.

Wall Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe it is slightly stronger as there is more frame in contact with the sheathing. With 3/8" sheathing it probably wouldn't make a significant difference but with 1/4" I believe it would.
    Kevin
    MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Speaking of wall pannel systems, I know this question will vary depending on current cost of materials, but how much do you throw into your budget for each single-sided wall pannel and each double-sided wall pannel? I'm just looking for the best way to come up with an educated estimate for my budget. Our haunt will be roughly 4000 Sq/Ft. this first year, and untill I get our location filanized, I can't really get as close to the actual cost as I would like.

Can anyone provide advice, or even a breakdown of cost?
      Chris Tillman, President
      Rocky Mountain Terror, LLC
      Trick or Terror Haunted House
      www.TerrorHaunts.com

Comment

has anyone got a app. weight of what one single side wall is. I'm going to build my walls this year about 100. Have been using wooden pallets but that turns into alot of heavy labor.Then the storage will be my poblem thinking treated wood and then store on a cover trailer till next time.All wood will be completly painted front and back in black paint..will be built with 2x4 like pic 1..thanks Howard

Comment

how to start with nothing to build to

I have tis large space in a mall, but the walls are dry wall and the ceilings are really high drop ceiling tiles. So there is really nothing to build to.

i have 2x4s and playwood and some panels that have been built.

Am thinking I am going tohave to build a room inside a room so to speak and then brace everythig off that. But it will have ot be strong and have to have doors on each side to enter and exit that room. With not being able to have a 2x4 where the doors are I am thinking that might make it more weak.

Any advice?

Comment

For the Forsaken Crypt garage haunt I used to run we used a frame of 2x4's and a 2x8 board of particle board. Each pannel costed a cheap price of $12.00. A board of ply wood is a few bucks more but this worked very well as we were running on a $600 budget.
            Matt Colton
            The Forsaken Crypt (R.I.P)

Comment

Working...
            X