Some help on Makeup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some help on Makeup

Ok I want to start working on my Airbrush skills and my makeup skills in general.
    What is the cheapest way to practice airbrush makeup. I was thinking Stryfoam heads with regular airbrush paint not the makeup to get use to the colormixtures and see how the colors interplay when applied.
    If anyone knows of any good sites on makeup tips please pm me the information.
    Thanks for any help in advance.
    Proud to be able to work at
    http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

air

styrofoam heads are magical to practice on, i airbrush myself in the mirrior. Take airbrush classes at convention (check out Pashur's MHC class he is amazing.)

Also practice on friends.

Study facial bones and features and study shading where you can bring bones and lines into greater prominance and give them shadows.

Jackie
    Rotting Flesh Radio
    “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

Practice and play around...best thing you can do. Start with a cheap airbrush from somewhere like Harbor Freight, learn how to use it and take care of it. You can airbrush with watered down acrylics and tempra would be the cheapest. Foam heads are a great idea, or get a friend that will let you abuse them...lol. Tempra is super cheap and comes off easily, but will help you see how it works. Thats how I learned a lot. Lots of experimenting with templates and general materials (fishnet makes some really neat textures)

Good luck! There a lot of people on here that can give you advice too, I've been airbrushing for a long time, but learned a lot from Allen just in talking in the chatroom. Get tips from those who have done it!

Mike "Pogo" Hach
      -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Airbrushing is a lot easier than I though it would be. I had never actually used an airbrush and here are the results of my first attempt. I did this makeup on one of my partners for the Insane Shane party at TW.

Last edited by MindWerxKMG; 04-21-2010, 06:24 PM.
        Kevin
        MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Basically if you can draw or artistic you can airbrush. I think hand applying makeup is harder or takes more skills. And I like mixing both. Airbrush and appliances ect. It looks more real. Just practice. Thats about all you can do to perfect it.
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

Soul,
            PM me with your email address and I will send you an 11 or so page document from an airbrushing class I taught in january.
            I will be teaching an airbrush make up class at the West coast haunters convention in May. I will also be coming out with an Air brush Make up DVD for haunts (hopefully in time for MHC).
            You can practice on wig heads, but get the kind with the good manly face. they are more expensive but the bone structure is much better and more like what you will encounter.
            Im in chat most nights so pop in there and I will chat your ear off about airbrush make up.
            Allen H
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
            X