Cleveland Ohio Zombie Walk 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland Ohio Zombie Walk 2010

Hey everyone, just wanted to share how proud I was of local Clevelanders that showed up and not only volunteered their time and money, but canned food items and additional donations for the makeup services to help benefit Harvest For Hunger.

Well over 250 zombies walked the streets of Lakewood Ohio early Saturday afternoon, in all age ranges. I heard reports that there may have been as many as 500 zombies including those who came already in costume/makeup. Several local makeup artists and haunt veterans (including myself) donated their time and makeup to make up the enormous crowd of zombies in around 2 hours. I personally did somewhere between 40-50 zombies...and actually kept so busy making zombies that by time we were finishing the last zombies the first ones that started the walk were making their way back. Unfortunately I did not get the chance to get in makeup myself, but had a ton of fun making everyone up in their undead best. Everyone was so into it that it felt so great to be a part of something for such a great cause.

For those of you Facebook users out there I posted some photos from the event that you can see by clicking here. I will also put a couple below here. It was a shame no news stations seemed to have interest in covering the event (seen several other charity events on the evening news that night with no mention of the walk). It even made myself as a veteran feel that much better about being part of such a great community. We really need to do more great events like this, it was great great fun for a wonderful cause.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
    Attached Files
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

more pictures

more pictures
    Attached Files
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Everybody say

Braaaains.........................
      Destiny comes to those who listen...... Fate finds the rest.

Comment

Damn. Why are we hearing about this after the fact? I want to go to one bad. I drive to Cleveland for a 40 minute set of MRH. I'd do it for a zombie walk.
        StackerSteve
        LoT 27
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lot-27...060788?ref=sgm

Comment

Steve,

I'll let you know when the next one happens. They do a couple a year...and there are also some of us talking about doing a zombie pub crawl or other similar fun events.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
          -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Awesome! I'm sure I could get Rick out there too. That would be a trip.
            StackerSteve
            LoT 27
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lot-27...060788?ref=sgm

Comment

I was so sad to miss it; it is the first one I have missed in years. The pics look great!
              Katie Lane
              Partner/VP
              Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
              sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Working...
              X