Looking for reference magazines/publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for reference magazines/publications

Can anyone give me some current publications that would be good reference material for makeup, prop building, special effects, etc?

I am looking for a good magazine subscription for makeup and other topics.

Make-up Artist magazine is a favorite of mine. I never get time to read it, but I learn something new every time I do.
    sigpic
    Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

Comment

Thanks Lurker, just looked at that one online. Any other ones?

Comment

I just found out that Nick and Brian Wolfe will be publishing a new book this year that should be out in all the major chains. Hopefully by this fall...
        http://www.bigscaryshow.com
        http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Well, there is this book that I love. I beat people for getting too close to my copy. It is called "Special Makeup Effects for Stage and Screen: Making and Applying Prosthetics" by Todd Debreceni. It is one of the best instructional books I have ever seen on any subject. If you are interested in making your own prosethics then this is the book to own. But stay away from my copy, cause I will beat you! lol

Something else that is a great resource for actors, make-up and costuming is back issues of the old Scared Stiff Magazine. It isn't published any more, but if you can get your hands on the back issues they are really great. I use to have all of them, but someone borrowed my set, and I never saw them again. Now you know why I have to beat people that get near my copy "Special Makeup Effects for Stage and Screen"
          sigpic
          Louis Brown
          Owner, operator, and dish washer
          at
          DarkWood Manor

Comment

Garage of Evil Network

Check out www.garageofevilnetwork.com

This site is intended for home haunters, but it has a wealth of great info on some pretty advanced props. It also hosts a bunch of local haunt clubs. I'm the co-founder of the Colorado Haunters Association and we have had VERY positive turnouts form both home and pro haunters. GREAT way to get advice and ideas for props, and a great tool to use in addition to the Hauntworld forums.
            Chris Tillman, President
            Rocky Mountain Terror, LLC
            Trick or Terror Haunted House
            www.TerrorHaunts.com

Comment

Working...
            X