No announcement yet.

Nightmare on Elm Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

literaly just walk out of the theater so here goes. Ok set design awsome. Very doable for haunts not to mention they get the wheels turning, the boiler room scenes are outstanding. I think this movie is it's own "nightmare". Jackie earl Haley brought a new flavor if you will to freddy, oh and the new freddy makeup/prothetics are pretty sweet. This movie is far from a remake but has a great corelation between new and old. Great blood great gore. Go in with an open mind and you will leave happy. I loved it hopfully you will too and I'll say this just say the trailer for Resident Evil "After Life" I'll tell you it looks so good.

Tim
    Tim McCall

Comment

They are making a Halloween part 3 but in 3D... Rob Zombie is NOT directing. Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I think it must be better, from a artistic prospective, to be a bad or mediocre writer/director in Hollywood. If you make bad or mediocre films you stand less of a chance of having them raped repeatedly in the form of sequels, remakes, and the now popular term "REBOOT".
        I'd like to REBOOT my foot into there unimaginative arses.
        sigpic
        Louis Brown
        Owner, operator, and dish washer
        at
        DarkWood Manor

Comment

I plan on seeing Nightmare when I get back in the states next weekend. I'm skeptical about it, but I can't wait to go see it!!

And as far as Rob Zombie, I liked the first Halloween remake going in it with an open mind. But I hated the second one!!

And I love all his music, except for his latest album. And I will go see him in concert next wekend in Little Rock, Arkansas!! Can't wait!!!!!
          Brad Bowen
          Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
          www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Saw it last night. Loved it! The original is still better and I think Jackie did a great job, but Robert England is and always will be Freddy to me.
            I will definitely buy this on DVD!

Kirk
            Kirk Boemmel
            Dark Ghost Manor
            www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

SPOILERS Saw "Nightmare on Elm Street" last night and I was shocked at how tepid and unstructured it was compared to the original. In 26 years since the first one it's pathetic that this passes for filmmaking these days. Technically it's better than the original but that's about it. Honestly, once you see this film run the original on dvd or youtube and you will shake your head. The original is a story about Nancy and everything revolves around that. she's there to see the aftermath of the first murder and everyone thinks she has been traumatized by it. It's her struggle that holds our interest and holds the story together. Also Freddy is a supernatural creature in the original with stretching arms and maggots living inside him. In the new film he's just an undead burned man. DON'T GET ME STARTED ABOUT THE FACT THAT THEY REMOVED ALL THE SEX. What?.... Kids don't have sex anymore? I think they would have been better off with a completely original story.

Comment

they dont have sex anymore ... they dance

horizontal twist

Comment

Ok!!!

Just seen it! Its hard to beat Robert as Freddy but I have to say Jack made the character his own. I really loved it again can't replace the original but was a great movie! Shane and its why do I always love them and everyone else seems not to like them! Shane this time.
                  sigpic

Comment

I saw it today and loved it. Freddy is how he should be in this movie, a mean, sadistic, twisted bastard.... not a stand up comedian or game show host..

I give it two thumbs up. I love Robert and the original, but this was every bit as good.
                    Brett Hays, Director
                    Fear Fair
                    www.fearfair.com

Comment

Transworld 2007

I hear they are making a remake of Transworld 2007.... I Hear it will be in 3D !!

HAAAAAA HAAA !!

Watched Nightmare remake lastnight... I say to clean, camera has wrong filter looks like a documentry film in most of the movie. The new Kruger is AWESOME but CGI sucked aXX... they seemed to use allot of ideas, names and situations from the original. Too bad here was a chance to give the character a new twist and show just how evil Freddy could be. Seems like film company was beating a dead dog with this one... It worked before so it worked again... it may have gotten bad reviews and may have left most limp but it got you into the theatre to watch it once again... ( I enjoyed it ) it got me out of the house and shop.

2 things that really bothered me ...

( 1 ) Crappy CGI of Fred stretching through the wall over Nancy ( Yes Nancy is back ! - atleast the name...)

( 2 ) girl who gets killed in bed with boyfriend watching her body fly across the room ... c-mon Hollywood... lets have some sort of imagination next time..lol
                      "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
                      www.maliciousstudios.com
                      "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
                      http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

Please tell me youre kidding about Halloween 3 in 3d, that would just be awful.

I dont get what the big deal is with 3d tv and movies, they tried it with hockey it was pointless and I just can't take any 3d movies seriousally.

The first halloween remake was decent and I heard so many terrible things about 2nd one that I didn't even bother.

After hearing some good things about this movie from you guys i'll probably check Nightmare on Elm Street out.

Comment

JUST WAIT.... it gets better

The year 2010 has seen many new films released worldwide, with many yet to be released. A large proportion of these films are remakes, sequels, prequels, franchise reboots, and films based on TV shows, comic books, novels and video games....

Here are just a few 3D movies pumped up for this year...

Piranha 3-D
                          Resident Evil: Afterlife 3-D
                          Alpha and Omega 3-D
                          Jackass 3-D
                          Step Up 3-D
                          Saw VII 3-D

and a few more 3 D movies on the horizon.... not to mention the possibility of childrens movies.

Much like this industry what works for one company becomes a domino effect for all and when Hollywood sees something that works once they will runit into the ground !

( I was surprised when Nightmare wasnt announced in 3D ) Now there are a few rumors that there will be a 2nd Nightmare On Elm Street in the works.... well.... the box office will see my smiling face at the counter ONCE AGAIN cause I am a fan of horror and no matter what they make Im afraid I will want to see it....

DAMN... I need another HORROR fix already...lmao
                          "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
                          www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

saw it last night jacky did a good job but im with shane and robert not even close to beating the original but i will buy it when it comes out on dvd but will not go see a sequel resident evil afterlife 3D here we go again

Comment

step up 3D give me a fu----g break thats those most pathetic excuse to make a movie ever i wnt even waist my time on the trailer lol

Comment

lol....

C'mon admit it.... we all wanna dance like them.... ROFL !!

Remember this ?

HAAAAA HAAAAA !!!!

NOW THINK OF THE MOVIE IN

3D

Malicious Studios
                                www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

Working...
                                X