LLC question, PLEASE HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLC question, PLEASE HELP!

I got an LLC through Legal Zoom last year. Now I'm getting letters and an invoice from a Registered Agent company, for those that have an LLC or know this, am I required to a have registered agent? and/or what does this registered agent company do. Thanks for your help.
    Scott

The Registered agent is the contact person for your LLC. You need to change it to you, this way any legal or state paperwork comes to you and you need to file an annual report. I think in all states you can change the registered agent on the states website, they charge you like $5 I think. Some people file the annual report themselves or have there lawyer do it. A lawyer charges you about $125 to do it , but you can do it online also not sure how much but cheap. You must file that annual report if you don't your state can close your LLC, and you will need to pay to reinstate it.

Robert

Comment

What is this annual report you're referring too?

Comment

It tells the state if any changes were made to your LLC. You need to tell them things like who is in your llc, address of the main office of the llc. I'm in NJ your in TX i'm not 100% sure it the same but it's got to be close. check your PM.

Comment

i sent you a sample

Comment

TK is exactly right. You simply need to change the Registered Agent to you, a one page filing with your state that may likely be available for download as a .pdf file. Whether you owe the current RA for the time from articles registered with the state to now is up to you and the RA and the fine print of your corp filer.

BTW, LLC is smart for a haunt, insulates you, to a degree from liability, yet doesn't have to adhere to traditional incorporated regimine like an S corp. There is little or no reason for a haunter to ever establish an S corp as the profits or loss are still going to to flow through to an individual entity's tax filing, however, the S corp is an administrative quagmire with state filings and offers no liabilty advantatges over LLC.

Yes, each state varies in relegation of these entities, but, to a very small degree.

Comment

Working...
            X