Can I get an 800 number directed to a prepaid cell phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get an 800 number directed to a prepaid cell phone

We have never had a phone number for the haunt, but this year I am thinking we should add one. What I want to do is just get a prepaid cell phone that the ticket booth people can keep there, but would like to have an 800 number ring to it. It would also be nice to have it give an announcement during hours the haunt isn't open and then ring to the cell phone when we are open or give the announcement first, then give them an option to speak to someone.

Does anyone have a service they use for this? Or would Google Voice be a good way to go?
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

I would be interested in this as well.
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Get a Vonage account with an 800 number and have the calls forwarded to your cell phone or land line.
      News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
      Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Make sure you include texting customers will text for info on your haunt if given the option.
        Destiny comes to those who listen...... Fate finds the rest.

Comment

I opened a Google Voice account and I believe it is the answer to all of this. Really cool service. And it can receive texts and you can use it to send texts back as well, so it should be perfect.
          Brett Hays, Director
          Fear Fair
          www.fearfair.com

Comment

The only problem with Google voice is that they don't offer 800 numbers yet. Unless I missed it. I didn't see that option with mine. But when I ran a few radio stations, we used Vonage for our 800 number. It was very cheap and able to forward to any phone that we wanted. I don't know about texting though. You might want to call them and ask if they offer that. If not, and you can get a 800 number with Google, I know they do free texting. So it's kinda a trade of what you want.
            News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
            Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Thing is, with 90% of your customers probably calling from cell phones these days, how important is the 800 number? I was able to get a Google Voice number in my area code with a cool anagram (812) 567-FEAR.. most people have free calling within their area code on cell phones anyway I believe.

I just weighed the options and decided a Google Voice account with text capabilities at zero expense seemed like the way to go.
              Brett Hays, Director
              Fear Fair
              www.fearfair.com

Comment

Answering that phone when you are too busy.

Creates more problems. Not answering it keeps the problems at a cerftain type and level.
                Such as:"Are you busy tonight?"
                "Will you be as busy later tonight?" Then gobs of customers show up right after you hang up the phone, so when that phoner shows up..."You lied to us! You said you weren't very busy!"
                then they demand that you give them directions over the phone , they misunderstand something or don't hear a word or two, guess who they blame?
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We played around with 1800 numbers... I don't think they're worth the money myself.... just don't call 1800-hayride.
                  Patrick Barberry
                  www.legendsofthefog.com
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by legendsofthefog View Post
                    .... just don't call 1800-hayride.
                    I knew better, and you warned me... why did I do it? Scarred for life now.

p.s. I absolutely love your web site, one of the coolest haunt sites I've seen.
                    Brett Hays, Director
                    Fear Fair
                    www.fearfair.com

Comment

My wife took on this project- it was hilarious. We were thinking about 1-800- Hayride, the #4 GHI key put a damper on that one. It's was taken and she blushed.
                      http://www.springborohauntedhayride.com/links.html

Comment

Working...
                      X