Every little bit helps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every little bit helps

Today WGN tv from Chicago was taking a tour around this 4 county area making a travel log for inclusion with their nightly news show, a "Places to Go" Sort of a thing.
    Most of the things concerning this little film I already knew from having been there done that before, I knew I was not going to be a feature length movie here, ex cetra.
    "We will just take some shots of the outside of your house." (They had other places to be)
    "OK."
    "Could you move your car over there for us please?" "I knew the car would have to be moved.
    Would you like the Spookmobile infront of the house?"
    "Sure, good idea."
    Then they saw the monster arms on the hood going up and down as I drove it across the lot.
    "Drive it towards the camera, make the arms move again!"
    "OK." (Getting more film exposed now)

"Maybe if we put a mic on you Jim you can just be talking as we walk around."
    (Now I get to talk! How about that?)

As we walked through the backyard and I showed them just a few rooms of the house suddenly there was a whole new shooting agenda being created ...maybe because of all the unusual "stuff" they were seeing everywhere?
    Of course the severe time limitation of the broadcast was still a stunting factor...until he said with a grand realization, "We have a web site! We can put a longer version of this interveiw on-line for you! We get ALOT of hits on it all the time."
    Sure sounds good to me!!!!
    What began as a small thing grew "legs" and went through puberty very quickly.
    It will be on probably toward the end of June.
    Being in the right place at the right time does pay off.
    I sure couldn't afford to pay for such exposure on such a channel
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Congratulations Jim. If you know where they post it online, don't forget to post a link.
    News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
    Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

I have been promised so much.

By people holding cameras in their hands.
      Then somebody will surprise me and tell me they just saw me on tv, or whatever.....
      One can hope.

oh, not people holding cameras in cheap motel rooms telling me "This is your big break!"
      (Does that lense magnify?)
      Last edited by Jim Warfield; 05-27-2010, 07:39 AM.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
      X