Why Gore Galore wasn't at MHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Gore Galore wasn't at MHC

Some confusion is going around about why I was personally at MHC but Gore Galore was not.
    And that a few of my employees were showing at MHC but not as Gore Galore, but their own side project.
    It is very simple. We don't need the work right now. I know when our plate is full with all the orders we received at Transworld and the Silverwood theme park job. It would have been a bad decision to show at any other shows this year besides Transworld.
    But I had to go to MHC. It is only 5 hours away, I want to show support to Barry, Kelly and their team, I know many people in Columbus, and I always have a good time at MHC so I had to go.
    Hell, I wish I could have gone to Hauntcon, it just wasn't in the cards this season.

So please do not worry. Gore Galore is in a grand position.
    And it is not a problem that my employees want their own side goals as long as it does NOT interfere with our schedule, and goals.
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Great

Seeing you Kevin and its good to know that you know when your plate is full just shows what a stand up company you have! Shane and its way to go man! Shane this time!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Kevin, it was great seeing you and we love having you here in any capacity!

Comment

Shane and Barry,
        It was nice getting to see both of you.

Barry, I especially liked talking to you about the topic we discussed. It just shows how hard you try to really make your show work the way it should. You are paying attention to the needs of both your vendors and your attendees which is not an easy balancing act to accomplish.
        Continuing to do so will continue the growth of your show for years to come.
        Kevin R. Alvey
        info at gore-galore.com
        www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gore Galore View Post
          It is very simple. We don't need the work right now. I know when our plate is full with all the orders we received at Transworld and the Silverwood theme park job. It would have been a bad decision to show at any other shows this year besides Transworld.

Kevin,

It's so nice that you just come out and say that! I remember seeing a message to that effect on Gore Galore's website a couple of years ago, before we officially started Phantom Foundry. I pointed it out to my husband and said "we're going to do that, too." We did it last year and we're doing it again this year. The front page of our website has our current shipping schedule during the busy time of year, and we will cut off ordering before we get swamped.

We are growing and so is our "plate", but I've been in the haunt industry for long enough to hear a lot of vendor horror stories. We refuse to be one of those companies.

I'm glad all you guys had a great MHC. We were too busy with custom orders to go this year, but we're already looking forward to next year! It's a great convention for vendors and attendees ;-)

----Val

Phantom Foundry Productions
          val@phantomfoundry.com

http://www.phantomfoundry.com

Facebook:
          http://tiny.cc/Facebook514

Comment

Honestly,

I know that sometimes business can get out of control, but if I can control it some just by saying, "we are not accepting anymore orders at this time", then I will.
            It is all in an attempt to maintain being an honest person and vendor.
            I hate liars of any kind, so it really is more of a personal requirement to handle business the way I do. It is nothing special. I do that just to cover my bumm.
            Kevin R. Alvey
            info at gore-galore.com
            www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X