Do you allow cell phones in ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you allow cell phones in ??

Would like to hear any problems... negatives, and positives on anybody that has a "No cell phone" rule in their haunted attraction.
    thanks in advance!

Set,

We ask patrons not to use them but I think you'll find it difficult to get them to leave them in their vehicles. They are just too pervasive now.
    They like to chat with their friends in the que line while they are waiting to enter.

We do however have a no cell phone policy for actors in our haunt but some still
    sneak 'em in.

Tom,

Creative Consultant
    Last edited by IHAUNT; 06-19-2010, 07:07 AM.
    www.HauntedOverload.com

Comment

People are going to bring them in no matter what you do. I got so tired of people that just expected us to stop the show and turn on all the lights and search for their cell phone, jewelry or whatever else they lost. We had to post a sign saying that if you lost something we would try to find it after we closed for the night but it was basically not our problem....they still raised hell about it anyway.

Comment

same here, we tell them in line and warn them in the preshow, if you loose it (whatever it is) we cannot stop the show for you. Period.

You'd be surprised how many people hav lost something, pay to get back inthen try to stop the flow of the show to get that lost item back...

Those people are my favorites, come to papa!:twisted:
        Ed Roberts
        Founder
        The Nightmare Factory
        www.nightmarefactorysalem.com
        www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Comment

cell phones, glo-sticks

Can sure ruin a good scare you just worked to set up, and others have just PAID to enjoy!Ruined for them too often times.
          If a group all are friends, buddies and they all have glo-sticks I tell them they are OK because they are all together, but is some in the group are not with the gloers then the glo must go!
          My big old house EATS CELL PHONES! "Burp!"My sign out front says.
          Many cells can make my house scarier though because so many of them get no reception at all inside of my house! "Hahahaha! IT's a haunted house! what did you expect?"
          The best one is still the kid with rotted, holed jeans who came back and tried to tell me that he had lost his $400.oo gold chain in my house!? I hand them a flashlight, we both go look for whatever, no gold chains ever found here! (He never knew $400!)
          Did he think I was going to hand him $400? Idiot!
          Then there was the drunken horny woman who claimed to have lost her cell here, just so she could have a reason to provide me with her name, address, phone number...no thanx.
          She could not have possibly had a cell phone, her clothes were So Tight and sparse that it would have made itself known rather quickly and easily.
          "Is that a cell phone in your pocket? Or are you just happy to see me?"--May West line modified
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
          X