3D haunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D haunt

This will be my first year creating a 3D Haunt. Any ideas on making the first attempt better.

I am somewhat artistic, so what are some good painting tips.

Is there someplace to buy neon paint by the gallon.

Other ideas.

It will be a 3D asylum

There have been a ton of threads about this in the past. One thing to remember is that 3D and blacklight are two different things. They can easily be combined but don't have to be.

Comment

Once you buy your paint - do a test plot on a scrap of wood to learn what colors have what depth. I personally enjoy dayglow. You can water it down as well to get it to go further. Always paint with your glasses on, in scene lighting.

Hope those tips helped you out
      "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
      Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
      Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

Also make sure you do not paint directly in top of black paint. Put down a layer of white under the areas that will be painted with the florescent paint.
        Kevin
        MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Originally posted by MindWerxKMG View Post
          Also make sure you do not paint directly in top of black paint. Put down a layer of white under the areas that will be painted with the florescent paint.
          With dayglow you should be able to paint right over black. Unless you are doing large murals or big peices of scenery.
          "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
          Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
          Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

we did our first 3d mazes last year the first was a Japanese style and the second was an alien invasion. Both had both character murals and geometric designs and by far the basic geometric designs got way more positive feedback from the customers. This year. Alien is staying with us as a second attraction and it will primarily be geometric patterns on the walls. We thought of doing it on the floor but it would only last a week or so and we dont want to have to repaint half way through the season.

Nick

PS order your glasses early to get a better deal and order in large quantities.
            Holy crap scaring people is fun!!!

Comment

Dayglo.com for paint (best color intensity).

Make sure you know which colors "pop out" and which colors "pull back" (Red typically pops the most, while Blue pulls back the most).

Lighting is a key element with 3D, the more UV you can flood the rooms with, the more dramatic the 3D depth will look.

PM me if you have any questions, we've installed several 3D attractions
              Katie Lane
              Partner/VP
              Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
              sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

So quick & easy!

Use any width of paint brush, make this on the wall:

"D-D-D"
                There, you are done!
                Point this out to people, act so proud, and they will be trully afraid!
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                X