Need help with handbook for actors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with handbook for actors

I am trying to impliment a new program this year for my actors. I have hit an absolute road block on writing it up. Does anyone use a level program for actors and participation for not only payment but allowables ie speech vs noise only, drop door vs main actor position, stunts, etc.

Since I am just putting this into effect, I almost think I have to bring everyone in on the same level and advance them from this year forward.

Anyone willing to share their thoughts can email (heather@spookhaven.com) or pm me. Thanks.

I'll be happy to share ours with you. I wrote one a few years ago for Graystone Manor which I'm now modifying for our new attraction. If you like for me to send you a copy of last year's version, just shoot me an e-mail.

Vinny
    www.ArxMortis.com
    Vinny@arxmortis.com

Comment

I am trying to impliment a new program this year for my actors. I have hit an absolute road block on writing it up.
      " Does anyone use a level program for actors and participation for not only payment but allowables ie speech vs noise only, drop door vs main actor position, stunts, etc."
      In order to work outside (que and park roamers) you need to have worked in the house at least one year (most of the time). First night I dont let my actors speak, I want them to use physicality to get points across. When They are ready I grant them the power of speech, it empowers them and makes them feel even more a part of the team. I have several nights of training. Certain spots require more training than others and Some spots you need to be "approved" to work.
      best of luck I hope this is what you were looking for. Happened to be super well timed as I was just writing my Director of Actors.

" I almost think I have to bring everyone in on the same level and advance them from this year forward."
      Not necessarilly, you know who your vets are and the new actors will able to tell too. If overconfidence or complacency is a problem with your cast then its a great chance to start them all at the same level.

"Anyone willing to share their thoughts can email (heather@spookhaven.com) or pm me. Thanks."
      I hope you dont mind me posting them here as well.
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
      X