Spookywoods fx - fails to deliver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin

Points well taken BUT REMEMBER I AM IN THE CHRISTMAS BUSINESS I AM A VENDOR TOO! I don't do this this kind of crap if I did I would have been out of business a longggggggggggggggg time ago. I am now in my 20th year. If I said all my customers were 100% happy I would be a bold face lie. But in 20 years not one can say they never recieved product way before the time they needed it. You can't make everyone happy it just don't happen. But again no one can ever say they did not get what they ordered!

Look I realize Mark has problems I knew this and for the most part have not said anything and here is why. I talked to Mark in Feb when I order and paid for in full my costume. I did ask Mark when will I see it? His reply "first of August" my thought was this is Febuary what the hell are you going to be doing between now and August? I mean I just bought and paid in full for a product you mean to tell me that you can't get over and start to work on it tomorrow? OK I take the blame for that. But Kevin iF we accept one excuse we have to accept them all.

Only he knew his health and again I still like Mark but they knew what and what not they could do period! YOU don't get in a bind take peoples money and then make excuses. As a buyer and a vendor I need to ask when does the statement "give them time" or "give me/us time" stop being an excuse with these people. I bet your bottom dollar that if I placed an order and then said " hey give me time" I will pay you....." hey look its been a bad year I will pay you", "my dog died and I have not felt like sending your money" give me time!!!!!!!!! Gosh this is stupid to be going over this. Lets do this hopefully the vendors will start making product we can just pick up at the show! Wait hell that want happen! Why? BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE OUR FREAKING MONEY TO PLAY WITH!!!!!

I want to say this Mark as a friend I still love you buddy. And this is not a bashing game with you because up till this point you have done a good job. My point here is THIS HAS TO STOP. I got someting lined up for TransWorld that's gonna turn this Industry upside down if your a vendor and think your going to come to the show rape us blind and run off THINK AGAIN! 2011 IS A NEW DAY IN HOW THIS INDUSTRY TREATS BUYERS.

There are many vendors who is on these forums, poison props. edge design, unit70, fright props, distortions, even you Kevin, many good vendors and not a one usually comments and I think the reason they don't is.... for one they want to stay out of it and for 2 and most importantly they know I am right and there is no excuse for this and they know the more it happens the harder they are going to get hit too and that's just not right or even fair to them.

Maybe I should have not got this going on the thread about Mark again I still love him as a friend my point here is again. ONE WAY OR ANOTHER THIS IS GOING TO STOP IF I HAVE TO SPEND EVERY LAST DIME I GOT TO DO IT TO SAVE THOSE WHO CAN'T AFFORD THESE KIND OF LOSSES! Shane and it's I WANT TO SEE THESE PEOPLE DONE RIGHT! Shane this time!

Let me add this again I think Mark will make all this right and get past this. And I promise I have much bigger fish to fry as what Mark owes me is nothing compaired to what some owe! remember TransWorld 2011 Baby! The year of change!

Larry... You were responding the same time as me and I will say this well put man !!!! And I to failed and made a mistake here to and that is in saying sometimes things happen mistakes happen I do understand that as well as anyone else. But we have to treat each one as a case by case issue. I will say this again some of you guys that have done this over and over again is just plain chit out of luck! Changes are coming people I am not running a campain here I am just stating a fact!
    Last edited by graystone; 10-30-2010, 11:51 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Quote "I would bet ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY... that had Mark called all these people and said 'I'm sorry I let you down, I have no money, I'm still paying off hospital bills or whatever, but I'm not going to let you down would you KILL me if I still made good on the suits even though its going to take me a lot longer than I promised'... every one of these people would have been mad but probably said OKAY. Then we would NOT have seen this nonsense.

Next time COMMUNICATE WITH EVERYONE BE HONEST... you can't do it, you are working full time at Spookywoods haunt, whatever be honest and communicate and you will probably find a sympathetic ear."

ditto

Comment

• Shane,
        thank you.
        You come across so much more reasonable.
        It is all about the approach.

Larry,
        You were dead on with

"I would bet ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY... that had Mark called all these people and said 'I'm sorry I let you down, I have no money, I'm still paying off hospital bills or whatever, but I'm not going to let you down would you KILL me if I still made good on the suits even though its going to take me a lot longer than I promised'... every one of these people would have been mad but probably said OKAY. Then we would NOT have seen this nonsense"

Communication is the key,

I don't know Mark that well. Except I have seen his love for this industry and what he does, and the pride in his work.
        I just felt like he was being ganged up on. However, if he is taking peoples money with no intention to fill their orders. Well, he will put HIMSELF out of business.
        Vendors have to do their best to communicate with their customers.
        That should go without saying. Eventhough I know first hand how hard that really is.

But please also know anyone who has heart surgery will not ever be the same. Even years later he may not ever be able to work the way he used to. His ability may be dimished.

And Larry you know I never give excuses. Just try to show that nothing is as simple as we want to make it. There are always more than 2 sides to every story and the truth is always somewhere in between.

I just wish I knew what the truth was.
        I don't want to make assumptions and allow that to justify my actions or emotions.
        I like to take in all the information and form my own opinion.
        Kevin R. Alvey
        info at gore-galore.com
        www.gore-galore.com
        www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
        www.youtube.com/goregalore13
        www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

• I am having the same problem with Hauntatorium and it is driving me nuts. If you realize you won't be able to deliver ask everyone for an extension OR REFUND THE FREAKING MONEY. Don't just keep it hostage and stop answering calls and emails. I implore you not to ever buy from either company unless you want a severe headache.
          Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

• What I stated earlier in my post is the truth so help me God. I do not have complete costumes. You see where Krystal did promise me that she would send me the rest of the pieces soon. Today is Halloween and I do not have the rest of my costumes. She also told Rick, as he stated above, that she has 5 complete costumes ready to sell. Just pick one!! Well I am picking!!!!! I need the rest of the pieces to my costumes please!! I will help anyone who is in need but I do not like getting lied to. So Krystal, should I expect the rest of my costumes the week of Nov. 1st.? Hey I am good with that. I am good with someday soon getting my complete costumes. Again, Mark is an amazing talent but this is in no way shape or form the way to run a business. You do not take costumers money and tell then that they will have their costume in a few weeks with no INTENTION on delivering!!!!!! Its wrong in every sense of the word. Do not PROMISE what you can't deliver. It is so simple. Do not tell me "Your costumes are finished and they will be mailed out Monday and by the way I need the rest of the payment" and then don't MAIL THEM!!!!! Good grief, I suppose I am a bit upset. Krystal, can I expect the rest of my costumes to be mailed next week? I surely hope so.

Sue
            http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

• Now that Halloween is over remember to check the Hauntcompanyreview.com site and rate these vendors. I'm with Shane on this we have got to do something about non-delivery of product. I say C.O.D. Maybe half upfront and the rest on possession. This is TOO MUCH keeping customers money and not delivering product. Only we can change this, we are the customer! We need to make our money count here. And Rick, you have no need to apologize at all. No one is upset with you and thanks for your help!! All of us haunt product consumers need to stick together. We are much stronger as a group than as individuals. We can make a change. Trans World here we come!!

Sue

Comment

• Originally posted by terrormasue View Post
                Now that Halloween is over remember to check the Hauntcompanyreview.com site and rate these vendors. I'm with Shane on this we have got to do something about non-delivery of product. I say C.O.D. Maybe half upfront and the rest on possession. This is TOO MUCH keeping customers money and not delivering product. Only we can change this, we are the customer! We need to make our money count here. And Rick, you have no need to apologize at all. No one is upset with you and thanks for your help!! All of us haunt product consumers need to stick together. We are much stronger as a group than as individuals. We can make a change. Trans World here we come!!

Sue
                Escrow is the only way, seller pays fees.

Comment

• I still don't have all the parts to my costumes............BooHoooooo

Comment

• OK Halloween has been over now for exactly 10 days. I still do not have all the pieces to my costumes. Has anyone else recieved theirs COMPLETE? Just wondering.

Comment

• I received one of mine (the Monday after Halloween?!). Looks like its all there but the paint job was pretty basic.

Comment

• i love seeing these threads!!! just keeps us newbies away from these vendors.
                        and dear haunts... i might be harsh for saying this. but really... are they good people ? if they were good people people, u would have received ur costumes/props months before u even opened!! or better yet a couple months after u placed the order!!!

just because they talked to u in a polite manner at these trade shows, doesnt make them good people. they have a silver tongue.... with no backbone to refund ur money or just plainly tell u that u wont get ur order on time as PROMISED. lol

i am lucky enough to have people msg me in private and send me emails telling me which are good... and which are not or just lucky to see these threads. thank you.
                        so far there 3 vendors im staying clear of.

hopefully the "bad" vendors will go out of business. or just changes for the better(doubtful).

the way i see it... is yes. if u make a prototype for the trade shows u must be prepared to fill those orders within 2 months!!! period. and it should be C.O.D . why should we put our trust in you. put ur trust in us!

i hope i dont come off to abrasive, but just seeing this kind of stuff makes me sick....
                        Henry GQ - Fear Factory Erie, Pennsylvania. www.fearfactoryerie.com

Comment

• Originally posted by FearFactoryErie View Post
                          if u make a prototype for the trade shows u must be prepared to fill those orders within 2 months!!! period. and it should be C.O.D . why should we put our trust in you. put ur trust in us!
                          You are so right! They know that they are going to sell SOME so why not get ahead of the game and make some damn product up front.
                          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

• No luck yet!

We still have not received either a refund or a suit. The last email reply I had was almost a month ago. We have demanded (in writing) a refund at least 4 times.

It's two weeks after Halloween now, so there is absolutely no excuse why one of them has not contacted us lately to discuss this.
                            Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
                            Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
                            www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

Comment

• I think it is time for a good ole fashioned boycott of deadbeat vendors. We need to spread the word on every forum and every medium. If you can't produce the items or refund the money you have no business in business. I am referring to Hauntatorium and spookywoods.
                              Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

• It's coming

TransWorld Show 2011 it's time to stop the stealing of our money! Dewayne I have not got my costume yet either! Shane and it's I want the costume and it better be what I ordered! Shane this time!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X