HH ideas with little to no actors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HH ideas with little to no actors?

I am trying to make a HH with little or no actors. I have the dot room, Bug room, blackout room, I am looking for 2 more rooms where you will get scared with little or no actor intervention like a haunted walk through. I have some ideas but it will involve to many actors, I am trying to make a shelter of fear where the rooms will scare u themselves. Any ideas greatly appreciated. I know I can purchase a claustrophobia but thats too easy, looking for great scares low cost but get the job done. We will have the drop panel which always gives a thrill as well. Any other ideas?

Spider room, Blackout maze, Fogged out room w colored flood light. Dinner table or dining room. Just use your imagination. You can do about anything.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Comment

triggered animatronics.
      Proud to be able to work at
      http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Black out room I have ideas for hanging thread body parts hanging whispering sounds fogout room I liike I saw it at bloodmanor dining room table we have a butchers room great ideas anything else much appreciated

Comment

Moving wall room. Jail with static figures. Coffins on walls with static figures. Cemetary anything could be used I think. Lowered ceiling or hallway that comes down. Crawling areas. Its endless!
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

Have a narrow hallway down the middle (or down one side if it's a small haunt) so that the actors can move from room to room ahead of the people walking through. They can switch masks back and forth as they go so it looks like there are many more actors than there are.

Comment

I like the moving wall idea and lowering hallway I need to do some research on how to accomplish that feat.

Comment

Why little to no actors? A haunt with little to no actors can come across as souless, and will not be as scary as a haunt with a few good actors. Im not sure why you have little or no actors, but fix it.
                The scary thing about a butcher room is.....the butcher. Im not saying it can not be done, but you have alot of work ahead of you If you want to scare folks with out Actors.
                Tonight I will try to think of a few rooms for you, but I did want to tell you the first thought that came to my mind.
                www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

"Little Know Actors"

That is where they start. Hopefully experience leaves a residue of technique.
                  The scariest, most entertaining thing is usually the people. What is the most destructive, murderous thing on this world? People, of course. Animals don't lie, scheme, execute evil plans that diminish whole populations.
                  "Look out! It's one of those terrible , unpredictable evil creatures! It's "Man"!
                  Maybe a scary empty room could be a phoney employees dressing room showing 25 clothes hooks full of their street clothing at the beginning , then the patron spends alot of nervous time waiting for them all to be scaring them, but almost nobody is really on the job.
                  "Thety hid real good, didn't they?"
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I agree actors make it and I have it planned out for 7 actors total to run the room I need to figure out a way to have an actor run 2 rooms at once, and I am also taking into consideration worse case scenario if we cannot get enough actors for a night to run it plan B. That is why I am looking for rooms with little or no actors as a backup to still make it worth there while. I have the rooms figured out and how to run I can PM you my current ideas with actors involved. Thanks

Comment

I take it your haouse does not have a theme. When a house has no them then issues come up. You have a clown room with a clown in it, a swamp room with a swamp monster in it, and a butcher room with a butcher in it. If the butcher is sick then the clown and the swamp monster cant really cover his area because they make no sense in his room.
                      If the house is Swamp themed then you have all the sets a little swampy and you have a fishing dock set, and a redneck shack set, and a bait and tackle shop set, then each of the characters that work there are welcome in any of the rooms as they all fit in.
                      I will look at your plan and perhaps you can overlay a theme that allows actors to cross over some more.
                      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

We have retweaked the plans to make it work better I will email you the updated version. Thanks

Comment

i am also involved in the haunt with haunted dead end, I am curious what everyone pays their actors? and when they pay them, every week? at the end of the month?

Comment

What about creative sound design? To me, when I hear a monster approaching (in a haunt, movie, etc.), it always more scary in my mind than the actual monster once revealed. There is a lot you can do with low light and sound effects. You don't need a big fancy PA system either. Old boom boxes will suffice in most instances. If you need specific suggestions, feel free to PM me.

Comment

Working...
                            X