Ms. October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ms. October

Now, try not to laugh to hard - I'm going to be a Calendar girl.

ok.

Are you off the floor yet?

*sigh* All those years I was young and cute, all I got were the pervert 'amature photographers' that wanted to take my picture. Now that I'm fat and 45, I find a great guy who wants to put me in a calender. Well... not just me... all the top posting ladies on my other forum. I said I would do it only if I got to be Ms October, wearing a costume and posed in a cemetary. The photog thought it was a GREAT idea. We went to do the shoot today.

I don't have permission to post any of CC's pics, but Hubby ran around taking pics on his camera. These are some of my favorites:

Me goofing around, GridBug holding the reflector disk.

Me trying to get a date. This guy was kind of a drag.

Me and 'Leroy'.

My favorite shot of the cemetary.

My husband grabbing some 'Cemetary Swag'. *Photo by CrippledCanoe*

All the pics that I have at the moment are posted here:

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...Shoot/?start=0
    ------------------------
    The child is grown, the dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb.

That doesn't make you a "drag queen" does it? (When you drag your date around.)

Comment

Scar,

those pics are fabulous!! And that dress....WOW! Go 'head on girl, struck yo' stuff and show all the industry how sexy a large frame woman can be!!!!!

Comment

I always feel like I have to sneak around in the graveyard taking pics. because some people might take offense doing this sort of thing.
        One time as I was dressed all in black, with a black cape, prancing around, a woman who was a classmate of mine was home visiting from California with her Mother saw me , got scared (in broad daylight), then I found out they were scared BECAUSE they knew it was me!!???
        Should I have been insulted or complimented by this?
        There were no open graves, I didn't have a mouthfull of guts swinging around, just me in black.......infront of the 18 foot high stone that says "Warfield" on it. Nick Warfield was born in 1796, it says, not born in Mount Carroll that year, though.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Great Pics Scarlett, Like Jim I have always been a little leary taking pics in the cemetery, it has never stopped me thus the photoalbum full of hearse pics but I have always been very careful, when we did our segment in the Haunting Makeup DVD, we drove over to the local cemetery for a quicky video shoot, our model was done in complete ZOMBIE makeup and costuming complete with rotted tuxed and ZombieskinZ, we got our footage and got out of there, just as we were a block away from the cemetery, here comes the procession.......That could have been SOOOOO BAD! Imagine the look on their face as they lower Gramma hayes into the ground, when grampa hayes steps out from behind a bush and says waiiiiitttttt!
          Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

My photographer, Bob Edens, has not actually given me permission to link to his page of pics yet. If he says it's ok to eat up his band width, I'll post it. But for now - I had to 'snag' another one to show you guys something VERY cool! Bob takes pics with an Infra Red camera. They are VERY freeky! The colors on my dress & make up do not have any effect. It's how much infra red rays are 'bounced' back to the camera. So, these are NOT just Black & White and you never know what you're going to get until they are processed.

See? My hair turned white as did the black lace on the hat, the black ribbon trims and the black 'moc suede' collar, cuffs and 'tabs' at the waist - however - the black sequin trim did NOT. Pretty spooky, huh?
            ------------------------

Comment

And AMEN Sister Gwen! Us big girls need love too! It just takes better undergarments. :twisted:
              ------------------------

Comment

Love the picture, looks a bit "ghostly"!
                Thanks, Jeff
                www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
                www.HauntForum.com
                www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Very cool Scar! Awesome pictures! You've given me an idea for a publicity stunt! Eureka Springs is legendary for its' many hauntings and we have a very large nearby cemetary... hmmmm. :wink:

Kel
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

hey isnt that jim from that haunted house dressed like dracula walkin around by our relitives grave?omg lets get out of here before he sees us.

Comment

Originally posted by ScarlettP
                      And AMEN Sister Gwen! Us big girls need love too! It just takes better undergarments. :twisted:
                      Some of us were built for comfort, not for speed.

The photos look fantastic, Scar! You're gorgeous, dahling!
                      www.mindseizure.com
                      www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

The black & white graveyard picture looks absolutely incredible!!!!
                        Love the (de?) composition too!
                        It must have taken a real lot of back-breaking work to arrange those markers like that in the backround. (Alot of work moving those shadows too!)
                        An infared surveilence camera here sometimes makes black clothing turn light grey, which sometimes used to be a minor shocker as you turn to look at the tv image and the person looks so different.
                        I haven't caught a real vampire with the camera as of yet though, not sure that I would want to since they would be standing slightly behind me just a few feet away!
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Just got the Okie-Dokie from Bob to post the link to his site.

http://www.bobedens.com/mzoctober/

Those are the pics he took of me, my hubby and - more importantly - the cool cemetary. Just mouse over the B&W pics to see the color and click on them for full sized.

The Infra Red pics are the most interesting to me. Bob also Photoshopped some of them to change the names on the tombstones to the nicks of people who got booted out of our forum. (Inside jokes - but if you see something like "Notta" or Chatt or Noogie" and think you're missing something - you are. ) He also edited in the 'fire' in one pic. I was standing over a Sun Dial.

Bob IS a semi-pro photographer and would be happy to sell you prints at a VERY reasonable rate, but would appreciate it if you did NOT steal the pics. If you asked him really nicely, he might even go back out there and shoot more Infra Red pics of the cemetary for you.
                          ------------------------

Comment

Working...
                          X