No announcement yet.

Is this going WAY TO FAR??? READ THIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Randy you have my support if I need to write letters let me know who's office I need to send it to. With 111 acres I think they idea of neighbors is a mote point as the sound will not travel that far. So because of your deluded sense of delayed morality you would deny an Entertainment attraction from coming into a community where the economy is not that great? hmm someone does not know the meaning of the word attraction.

This will bring in money not normally provided into the community. If anything this is putting a positive spin into the building's mostly negative history. It will go from being that local spot for teen's to go a drink and vandalize and challenge each other to the spooky night contest to being used and providing jobs and an influx of money to the surrounding community.

It is time that people like this more concerned with their own status and power within a community step aside and allow others to try to rebuild something useful out of the decay.

allowing a structure of that size and history to be abandoned, unused, and decay would be the real crime.

Email in support of Pennhurst has been sent.
    Last edited by soultrkr; 09-24-2010, 06:31 AM.
    Proud to be able to work at
    http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Good Luck Randy

Randy has done a great job with his first event and had some issues he had to deal with that has given hin the experience to know how to proceed with Pennhurst. Sounds like the judge has no solution other than to tell this couple to live with it.

My first year of the corn maze I did for four years, we were on a busy state highway. The guy across the street called everyone he could to complain.

The sheriff told me he actually drove by to check it out and told the guy things were fine. I did mention to the sheriff that the guy had shot a shotgun over my head earlier in the summer when I was cutting the design into the field. I heard the pellets land in the corn just past me. I never called the police but should have.

The state sent the landowner a letter about highway access change requiring a new entry that would need a state certified engineering study and what sounded like $ 100,000 dollars in improvements to comply. Irony here is that the state had not followed the 80+ pages of road rules they were citing in their letter. We ignored the letter and the event was over long before they would take any otehr action. We were visited by a state senator and his family and he told me to call him if any more letters arrived.

And finally, the guy complained to the county zoning department. My media day arrived and a car full of suits pulls up. All three network tv stations and six newspapers were waiting for the helicopter I hired to take them up in the air to take pictures. The suits pull up just as the helicopter is landing, blowing dust all over including the windows of their car. The planning director informs me that I was in violation of some zoning rule. I asked him if we cold talk the next day in his office as I was a little busy. He agreed and before he pulled away, I told him I was confused as I had stopped in his office and asked what paperwork and permits I needed five months before that and was told NO permits were needed after they had gone to him for guidence. The next day I walked into the planning office and they handed me a letter saying I was approved for temp use under the county fairs and carnival ordinance. DONE deal. They had to cover it to cover their own butts and must have spent the whole day to do it. LOL We moved to another location the next year and I checked with him and got instant approval upon giving him a map and location.

Good luck Randy and his partner. The reason for rules and procedures is to do business without harrasment from people that think they own more than the property they pay taxes on.

Good luck to all others as well as we open the season!!!!
      Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
      Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Going too far? No, it is their right to challenge the haunt in a legal setting. If the haunt has gotten all of the necessary permits and approvals (as it seems they have from one of the other articles) then they have nothing to worry about. If you want to argue that this is a baseless claim then the haunt can sue the couple for court costs etc... I think by now we should all expect stuff like this especially when it comes to a controversial location like this one.

Comment

"garumph!"

My location has always been zoned commercial but I still disconnected the outdoor speakers I used to have when I took a ride up the next hill and could hear every sound from my place as if we were only 10 feet away.
          Of course the dogs living on that hill never usually got disconnected as they barked sometimes non-stop late at night when we were attempting to sleep.
          If someone can get along with their neighbors , it shows effort was put forward, positive effort.

I recently had a couple tour my house who are in court against the wind farm huge windmills and they might "win"! Their county zoning said no huge non-agricultural structures could be built in their county and added to this that specific electrical co. is not nationally recognised thereby given an automatic "Pass" to build as they did.
          "WHOOPS!" You drive along the super highway and see these windmills by the 100's in that county. Somebody really $crewed up if the judge finds against the wind farm propellers.

Making noise against a haunt built in an old mental institution makes no sense, unless the plantiffs were alumni of that institution.
          If everything works out for the haunt, create a character being a whiner, butt/pain mimicing the you-know-who's, this could be fun.
          I look forward to the opening and great success of this haunted enterprise.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I just called the newspaper

nothing on the hearing YET..... if anyone hears anything, please post.... thanks.

Comment

http://www.dailylocal.com/articles/2...7563343799.txt

Comment

PennHurst

Sad.. This would be the best of the best.. People are so weird..
                They don't see bringing people back into this area and the revenue that the town would generate off of this being opened...

Comment

victory for pennhurst asylum !!!!!!!!

finally !!!!!! OK, Randy go get 'em !!!!!!! have a great season

Comment

For real? Thats just awesome! I was thinking Randy was going to get screwed by Halloween haters. Thats sweet, larry you should so a story all the whole thing.
                    Originally posted by chuck weber View Post
                    finally !!!!!! OK, Randy go get 'em !!!!!!! have a great season
                    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Glad to see common sense won out for once it is becoming so rare I am starting to think it is a super power. Grats Randy now go forth and make the haunt community proud and show those folks just how good it is to have a Haunt in their county!!!
                      Proud to be able to work at
                      http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Unfortunately..

The definition of "Power" usually calls for demonstrating it every so often or by common definition, you don't have any "Power". When things go really badly for justice and common sense is when someone in a position of authority feels compelled to demonstrate their "Power" to prove that they still have it, good-bad, right-wrong fall by the wayside, it becomes a personality based exercise.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

The whole story is here

CHECK OUT PRE GREEN's post here on this page (page3) there are 5 more stories on this issue listed in the article at the bottom of the page. interesting reading to be sure. (post 21 of this thread)

Comment

Glad to hear that you get to open, But this should be a warning to every new haunt to check zoning and get permits for construction. And since i am one hire a licenced general contractor.

Comment

hopefully

all that bad press will work as a positive for pennhurst now. Also, hope someone from there chimes in with some opening night figures and head counts for the weekend. other haunts in that area (I hear) are running scared and are spending big bucks on celebrities(??) to TRY to draw crowds. not likely to happen though.

Comment

Kudos to Pennhurst and their owners for standing up and winning one for the good guys!
                                In the Shadows...We are Legion

Comment

Working...
                                X