Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hauntworld and other Video's for download?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauntworld and other Video's for download?

I was talking to Larry about this a little while ago, and am here to make the suggestion to any others who are thinking or have produced videos for the haunt community/industry.

What would you think of offering your video for download? You can buy it just like you buy any other DVD, but you would then be able to download it right away... no waiting for it to come in the mail, and no shipping costs! I think this would be a great way to reach more customers, and branch out a bit. It would also be easy to protect your videos with windows media rights management.

I am curious what anyone thinks about this idea? If any one has a video I would be happy to offer any service i can about getting it in the download-able format and selling it online for quicker, easier, and cheaper then creating dvd's and mailing them out.
    Bill
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

I'm all for this... since DL's are priced lower than the hard copy anyways! -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

It's really neat what you can do now a days. For instance say you want to offer Haunt World for rent, you can have it so for this price you only get to watch it once... or rent it for 7 days etc... or buy it and keep it for a different price. The possibilities are endless.
      Bill Rod.
      Dark Tech Effects
      Automated DMX Lighting

Comment

Hey Bill
        What service are you offering?
        Gary
        Midnight Evil Productions
        www.MidnightEvil.com
        Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
        www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

Hey, I think i actually met you at hauntcon 05, but i could be wrong. I would be happy to take your video in basically any format, and convert it to a windows media file for download. Then I would protect it with DRM so that only the people who actually pay can view the video. You can the charge people to download your file as you see fit, either for rental, for out right purchase, or even for free but to gain valuble marketing info on whose viewing your media...

Contact me off the forum if your interested in pricing...
          beardedbil at gmail dot com
          Bill Rod.
          Dark Tech Effects
          Automated DMX Lighting

Comment

Hey Bill

We may have met at Hauntcon I talked to a lot of people, did you
            have a booth?

Can you PM or email me your price's
            I have 10 DVD that I produced and I'm very interested
            Gary