Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone see this movie? I went to see it... awesome!!!

Its bloody, graphic and much worse! LOL

It has a lot of monster in the movie, and the fighting scenes are the best I've ever seen in a movie like this. You'll love it!

The movie made 70 million this weekend... HOLY COW!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

My son is security for Century Theaters and he said this past Friday, the shows for the entire evening for 300 were sold out. There was a LONG line waiting outside the theaters and when he said, "If you are waiting in line to see 300, the shows have been sold out", the entire line disappeared! They even had to ADD an extra show on Saturday due to it's popularity. He previewed 300 on Thursday and came home buzzing about how awesome it was.

Man, do I wish I had some financial tie into this movie. "Struggle" would no longer be our middle name.

Comment

So do you think the hot-costume next fall will be scantilly-clad guys with rubber swords, red capes and and helmets?
      I have always secretly wanted to be the little Martian in the Warner Brother's cartoons!
      I think that Chrysler missed a good advertising oppotunity since they have been making Chrysler 300's for about the last 50 years?
      The Persians march up to the narrow pass and a big old Chrysler full of Spartans run over them ! 392, dual-quad, HEMI-POWER!
      That mechanical "Spartan" must be named "Christine!?"
      Christine drives right through about a thousand enemy tents, drives over their pontoon bridge they made to attack from, burning rubber sets the pontoon bridge on fire! Whata MOVIE!
      As the blood runs pouring from the rear fender's fins! (I always thought they were good for something!)
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I've been waiting to see this movie for many months. I love Epics and anything like it with historical basis. The fighting scenes were even better than those on Return of the King?

Allan

Comment

Haven't seen it yet and thanks for not spoiling it.

Any Frank Miller movie is always awesome. Im still watching Sin City over and over and can't get enough.

Comment

Posted this review of 300 on my other forum right after I got home from the theater. Didn't know if you guys would be interested in a movie that didn't have 'haunt appeal.'

There is only one word to describe 300.

HOO-F*cking-RAH!

I'm SO happy we saw it with a full theater. There were several spontaneous bursts of applause and more than one "Hoo-Rah!" at the end. Yes, the cinematography was beautiful... as you watch thousands get slaughtered. Baby dolls, this made "Gladiator" look like "Bambi". While not overly historically accurate, you got the general gest of the conflict. Not a lot of time wasted on corny crap like plot development. Just FIGHT!!!
            ------------------------
            The child is grown, the dream is gone.
            I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

doesn't this belong in the movie section?
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Was the trailer line in it.

"So many arrows in the sky it will block out the sun.

Then we will fight in the shade."

?????
                http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
                Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
                When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
                If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

Yep. It was a great moment. There were several very good lines with rather long build ups... but all were worth the wait.

(There was only one "Looney Toon" moment when a fire bomb was knocked out of the hand of a Persian... rolled over to the stock pile of 'granaids' and my boys went "Three... Two... One... KA-BOOM!" Other than that one rather 'stupid' moment, the rest was really well done.)
                  ------------------------
                  The child is grown, the dream is gone.
                  I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

Saw It Friday night..AWESOME!!!!!!!

-Tim
                    www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com
                    www.myspace.com/houseofhorrors
                    thehorrorbizness@aol.com

Comment

Mr. Chips,

I guess when the thread was started by the guy who owns the board, it can go anywhere he wants! Besides, I think a lot of haunters are interested in this kind of movie...

Comment

The trully interesting thing about this movie is not the mere amount of money it has taken in but the audience's reaction to it!
                        The movie is so well crafted (I guess?) that almost nobody leaves their seat to attend to nature's call. The theater is very quiet and attentive with cheering outbursts at the appropriate times...wouldn't we all want to have the audience or that seeming control over our audiences?
                        WOW!
                        My wife has been a Gerry Butler fan for quite awhile.
                        About a year ago his (sort of) local fan club got to auction off his loin cloth from that movie. I wonder how much it would go for right now?
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Is this the same Gerald Butler that played the lead in the movie Phantom of the Opera? Lousy singer but excellent actor! He was actually quite good in "300". This movie should be a serious contender for best movie of the year, and so early in the 2007 season, too! For its cinematography alone it has the quality of a moving painting of sorts! Absolutely stunning!
                          The Haunter's Depot
                          www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

Comment

Considering that he learned how to sing as well as he did just for that movie...I think he did a great job, better than a previous singer in that part whose voice sounded screechy to me.
                            Of course then there is Lon Chaney's singing, sort of a strong-silent type.
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

There was a web site (somewhere) that posted the vocal talents of just about every Phantom that graced the stage. Michael Crawford was the original Phantom and his voice was wonderful. However, there were a few that had better singing voices than he did (IMHO). I was expecting great things from the movie version including the look and feel as well as great singing voices. When it came to Gerard Butler I was amazed that they didn't choose someone with a much better vocal range. His stage presence in the movie was rather good, but his singing, well, it fell flat.
                              The Haunter's Depot
                              www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

Comment

Working...
                              X