Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abandoned Six Flags New Orleans Video - Creepy

Hey All,

I dont know if all of you have seen this, but apparently Six Flags New Orleans closed before Katrina and never re-opened, now its decrepid. Check out the video, would make a cool haunt!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcja8UBtXdk
    Shawn
    Fear Engineer
    HauntedHouse.ca

Cool! Real life zombie land. Another utube vid said someone is planning on buying it. Probably not for a scream park.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Comment

Really sad to see an amusement park like this...

Damon,

I watched a related video and it seems as if the company that owns Nickelodeon is going to be building a park in place of the one currently standing.
      Zach Wiechmann
      www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

I hope what you heard is right Zach, it's sad to a fun place like that disappear. I'm sure it also really helped the local economy with all the jobs it created I hope it comes to fruition as a new park.

DA

Comment

up-keep.

Maybe six flags was just too much, maybe if it had been 5 or even just 4 flags it would still be around? Where are all the bodies buried?
          Very good filmwork..I kept waiting for the screaming Linda Blair/Zombie face at the end.
          I have personally taken 6 minutes just to set up one scare. Very satisfying too. Out-waiting their expectations...then exceeding them when they assume the time is over/game up.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Nationally, six flags has filed for bankruptcy. Thats the reason I don't go there anymore, I'm worried that because they can't seem to make enough to get by that they aren't able to keep up with all the safety checks and repairs. The remaining six flags will all be most likely closing within the next couple of years, which is sad, but you know some other entrepreneur will
            Pick up some pieces and bring it back to life.

Comment

Shed a little light on this one. Yes it shut down as six flags but it actually it opened as Jazzland. It was made as a remake of the Pontchartrain Beach amusement park and this failed. It was so bad and so nasty that after its first season it closed. So it was sold and reopened as a Six Flags. Sounds like a good idea... if really any one site killed the franchise this place really did become a black hole in the amusement park business. They rehired mostly the original crew that knew NOTHING about there own jobs. I mean this place was just... yuck again. An I want to say it was all the crew but also the location really was horrible.

An don't get me started on the water... I know I shouldn't dis my home but OMG!!! The water alone was brown, black, rustic, and with only god knows floating in there. They couldn't help it I know but geography of that area was 100% against them.
              ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
              ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
              ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
              ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

six flags

Would be a great place for the Joker to hide out...

Comment

I recently read that the city has exercised imminent domain over the property and it is scheduled to be demolished for scrap.
                  Jim Shackelford, Co-Owner
                  Haunt 2013, LLC
                  and
                  The House of Boo
                  Dallas, TX
                  www.haunt2013.com
                  www.thehouseofboo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dalloween View Post
                    I recently read that the city has exercised imminent domain over the property and it is scheduled to be demolished for scrap.
                    someone needs to BUY some of the stuff in there for their haunt! *sigh*
                    sigpic
                    The world's SMALLEST and BRIGHTEST LED spotlights! Built for haunters.

Comment

Working...
                    X