• Show
Clear All

When I say something and realize my father
    would have said the exact same thing!! :wink:

That and oboes....
    Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

Oboes?

I hate spiders more than anything on the earth...or anything not on this earth that I know about. There is probably something out there scarier than spiders, but luckily i don't know about it yet.
      Brian Warner
      Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
      Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
      Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

The shortness of real life

Although I try to live each day to its full value...and have many times lived it toooo much. I feel that the only thing that scares me is not being able to really control the length of my own life span given all the real situations in the world. I see so many things I have not yet tried to do and want to do...
        Do this make sense to anyone else????
        Success, failure, bugs, bats, snakes, heigth, pins, needles, blood, been there and can control that.... not sure about Mr Tuxedo but I do like all types of kitty's if that counts....LOL

Comment

making props

Uh,
          Making props and costumes for a living.
          ohhhhh!
          I guess I am in some serious %#^%
          Kevin R. Alvey
          info at gore-galore.com
          www.gore-galore.com
          www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
          www.youtube.com/goregalore13
          www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Making those costumes and props is still easier than stealing like items from undergound by the light of the moon, isn't it?
            Shovels get dulled and you can't see it happening in the dark, which makes more effort necesarry.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

OK I will top everyones.....

CELL PHONE BILL
              I have a 16 y/o Daughter

She is now on a prepay plan..
              but that just keeps her off moms for about half the time

BTW did you know kids can send nearly 2000 text messages in a month @ $.10 a pop
              http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
              Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
              When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
              If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

Joedog...Just want to make your day!

The thread was about what scares you not what everyday life does to frighten us. Yes I can top your situation....My 18 year old daughter is going to college at Bowling Green University starting next quarter....a really REALLY BIG OUCH!!!!! But have faith ..your little sunshine will be heading in that direction in about 2 years and then the phone bill will only be the beginning - LOL!!!!!
                Who said I was really "Crazy" Bob Turner -soon to have a little one out of the nest....

Comment

CrazyBob,
                  My brother-in-law and his wife went to Bowling Green...now live in Chicago...they are math profs now in Grayslake...
                  Anyways, my biggest fears are maybe strange...I went to college at Edinboro, Pa and hate tests or turning in homework/projects...to this day I still dream sometimes I'm in class and don't have my stuff or didn't study...
                  Funny thing is I rarely ever studied in high school or college and got my degree! 7 years later and still have nightmares about it!!!
                  Sometimes I dream I'm lost or not in control of the situation...maybe in a "Hostel" situation and think "this is it...the end!?!" Those things scare me...and spiders!

Kirk :twisted:
                  Kirk Boemmel
                  Dark Ghost Manor
                  www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Ron and SPFX chic you guys are not weird im in the same boat with the tornado dreams as well as my 13 year old daughter,we all suffer!

My last dream was about as weird as it gets,me in an old pickup truck driving down a dirt road with a guy in the passenger seat who i have no idea who he is screaming punch it man!

Tornado in the rearveiw mirror catching up to us and iv'e got the gas pedal half way through the floorboard but can't get Bessie to go any faster!

Dream ends when it picks us up!

I took a Dream class years ago and as part of the class we kept notebooks,if you had a dream you were to write it down and share with the class,Many had tornado dreams!!

Dreams are basicly little bits and peices of what you think about when asleep your mind subconciously twines thoughts together even if they arent relative to each other thats why dreams are so strange sometimes and often do not make sense.

Suppossedly you don't dream in color and sound from what the experts say but i find this untrue. Although a dream won't have a lot of dialogue you will get a one liner from somebody and yes i have witnessed colors as well. Reds and Yellows are more frequent than darker hues as darker colors mix in with the greys of the dreams. I hadn't ever thought about this until that class then after writing down my dreams it became more apparent to me.

If your having tornado dreams it meens one of two things you either love them and are intrigued by them or your terrified of them. Either way the thought of them is so profound your mind etches them in and you dream it.

P.S. you can't outrun a tornado, dream or not your screwed!

To everybody thats afraid of spiders and snakes i used to be too, We had a reptile company in the midway of our haunt for a few years and little by little i handled reptiles each season getting bigger and bigger with the snakes until i overcame my fears. I now own many reptiles and live in the room next to my bedroom,this is a fear you can get over,go to the pet store or a reptile exchange more often.

Comment

And Joe dog you bet i know you can text a couple thousand times a month at 10 cents a pop, my daughter showed me how it's done too!
                      Neat trick huh!

Whats really neat about it is not only does the bill go up but the grades somehow mysteriously go down. Seems they werent allowed to talk in class but they found away around that!

Funny how they just assume Mom and Dad have all this extra cash laying around to pay the bill,we all went without phones for a month until we got it caught up. But hey 800 dollars i just don't have in my sock drawer!

And yes she had to get her own prepaid phone and now she never uses it because she knows how fast the minutes dissapear!

For people with kids about to hit the cell phone stage, you can call the company and have this feature excluded from their number, i HIGHLY suggest it.

Comment

Things had to be so much cheaper when I was a kid.
                        Cell phones?
                        How about the tin cans with the string pulled tight between them?
                        "Now can you hear me?"
                        "Pull the string tighter!"
                        "Now I can hear you!"
                        $800.00?
                        Not even .08cents, in " 2007 money"!
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

The sound of Bees, not afraid of getting stung, just the noise a bee makes or many bees make.

Comment

That bee-buzzing sound is alot like a rattlesnake's tail too!
                            He will "Sting" you good!
                            (The Rattler's honey really isn't worth the effort, leave her alone.)
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

that reminded me of the time i had a mexican guy working for me.He was in ladys backyard workin on somethin.Next thing you know i see a 200 lb mexican runnin towards me with a serious look on his face.Wile he was running past me i saw a bee flying straight behind him,going the same speed.He ran halfway down the street before that bee gave up

Comment

Which reminds me of my ex running down a white coffin-shaped hallway with a black bat slowly flapping it's wings, moving the same speed as she was,right behind her head, the bat's wingtips almost touched the sides it seemed, slow, rhythmic, beautifuLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!
                                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                                X