Talon Falls On Fire! This SUCKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donation Buckets at Lemp/Darkness and Shane's Party

Depending on when the weekend is, I'm in too. Anything from working with tools to the documenting side to doing the odds n ends. This story is heartbreaking and my prayers go out to Todd and everyone with Talon Falls.

I talked to Larry and Shane. Larry has agreed to put a "donation bucket" in the Lemp and Darkness merchandise stores at the end of the haunts in order to collect monetary donations for Talon Falls. Shane has also agreed to have a donation collection of some kind at his party on Thursday. Just what or how is TBA.

So if you are going to Shane's party and/or if you will be visiting The Darkness or Lemp for one of the tours, you will be able to easily give a donation through a reliable source.
    sigpic

Comment

Count me in! It's just a few hours up the road for me.

Comment

I would come and pitch in with some of my crew as well.

Tim Dunne
        Fright Kingdom
        Tim Dunne
        www.FrightKingdom.com
        Proud Member of the HHA
        www.HHAssociation.com

Comment

I am willing to help out too depending on when it is. And I may be able to round up some more help also.
          sigpic
          a.k.a. The Butcher
          a.k.a. Hauntlord

Comment

YOU CAN COUNT ME IN.

As long as it is scheduled at a time where I am in Louisiana and not in Alaska, I can almost gauruntee that I will be there, as with possibly a few others.

I will be contributing to the donation jar as well, and as stated earlier, this should be documented as well to show the support that people from around the country have for each other.
            Brad Bowen
            Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
            www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Just talked it over with my guys... I can have 5-6 people. Builders, painters, lighting/wiring, etc.

I'm so glad to see all this coming together! Hopefully Todd can get on here and make a statement and we can get something scheduled!

I also agree, something like this should be documented. We'll bring our HD cameras! -Tyler
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Yea I'll be bringing still cameras and the video camera... this is awesome to see coming together!

As long as it's scheduled after mid-April I'll almost certainly be down there.
                *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

Count me in.
                  Spinning Tunnels www.spinningtunnel.com

Comment

I'm down, if we have enough notice for me to get off work and everything. haha

Comment

If Yall bring the camera, I will be more then happy to walk around with it and document it as well as interview all the haunters that are involved, as for building my skills are limited, but I will help ANY way im needed.
                      Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

We would defiantly be interested in helping. Please let us know.
                        http://darkscares.com/

sigpic

Comment

Here is the deal... yes it can be done if you get about 40 people on the job. You would need a lot of tools, all the materials in place on site, and a lot of donations props and stuff... no you couild do the electric, and stuff like that ... this would be up to Todd later once we've built the attraction. To be honest you could do the electric to if he had local guys on there the whole entire time.

There are many things you have to do first...

1) Design the attraction and sumbit the plans for approval.
                          2) Seek industry donations
                          3) Would need about $50,000 in materials.
                          4) Make a site visit ahead of time.
                          5) Have an organized game plan with ONE person directing traffic otherwise it will be a huge mess

Here is what I say... we make this a camping experience have bonfires (whoops did I just say that LOL) and we treat this just like a camping trip.

That would be fun!

I can bring 4 or 5 guys for sure.

Once all the above can be done we could do this for sure.

Larry

PS: Read the Hauntworld BLOG for more details and to see a video of the fire.
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President
                          www.HalloweenProductions.com
                          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Before you guys rebuild make sure that Todd buys full cover insurance. It sounds like the insurance only covered if people got injured. You don't want all your effort to be wasted if there was a flood, fire or whatever. So once again make him get get full cover insurance before you decide to help out with anything.
                            Spooky Wishes
                            Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Talon Falls

I am so happy to see such wonderful support within our haunt industry. Todd has been one of my best friends for the past 25 years, and I was with his family the night the fire broke out. Not only did my heart ache for him, but I too have an outdoor attraction and I witnessed this nightmare firsthand... one that none of us ever want to experience. I was in shock for two days, I can't even begin to imagine what Todd and his crew are going through. Talon Falls was truly a remarkable place...hollywood style sets, unbelievable attention to detail, themed scenes like a large pirate ship and Vampire Crypt that rivals something out of a Disney production. Todd was excited like a kid at Christmas to share this attraction with the industry, but of course the haunt tour March 8 has been cancelled. This is not only Todd's loss, his wife, son and daughter all participate first hand in this venture... along with other members of his family and friends. I know this network has helped Todd get through these most difficult days..... our industry should be proud. Hang in there Ferren family.

Sherryl Lockett / Skeleton's Lair Haunted Woods & Hayride

Comment

Guys

I see something good coming out of something so bad! We feel Todd's pain and we the Industry will see that his work continues! Stay tuned! Shane and it's hang in there Todd! Shane
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X