Air cannon question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air cannon question

I just got my air cannon from Midnight Evil, thanks Midnight Evil it is so cool. I have a question for anyone in the know, I have a 20 gal. air compresser and can get about 4 blast before it kicks on to charge back up.
    Is there anyway to get more blast before the compresser has to turn on? Would hooking up a larger tank in between the compresser and the air cannon help any? Can I hook a larger tank to the air cannon or would it need a larger valve if I did that? Theres nothing worng with the air cannon, its very cool. I'm just trying to make it so my compresser does not kick on so meny times. Thanks for any info and thanks again Midnight Evil.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Yes, hooking up a resovoir tank will allow you more shots before your compressor has to recharge. You will still be using the same amount of air though.

One way to use less air would be to use less pressure. If you can turn down the pressure on your cannon to say, 40psi vs running it at 80, you will save a lot of air usage.
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Aaaah! So, you took my advice -- RIGHT ON!
      I've got two of his cannons and I'll be getting reserve tanks, as well.

Comment

Thanks gadget-evilusions and yes Empressnightshade thanks for the post pointing it out to me. I printed it and just now got around to getting it, it really is a nice air cannon and I bet it scares the he// out of everyone.
        Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Another way of getting more blasts is to limit the time the valve is open. If I’m looking at the right web site the air cannon you bought says it comes “w/ actor operated hand held trigger”. I’m not sure how this system works, but if the hand trigger opens the valve the whole time you have the button pushed, you could let all the air out of your tank with one shot if you have a heavy finger.

From the picture it looks like it is using a cheap sprinkler valve which uses low voltage, you could replace the hand trigger with a controller that pulses the valve for a few msecs. The actual time may very depending on the valve and how loud/long you what the blast. Once you have the controller you could still use a hand trigger or change to a motion sensor, mat switch, etc...

Feel free to contact me off list if you need help making a quick controller. The ones I have made have a switch that you can fire a single shot or rapid fire with strobe light, triggers can be PIR, ultrasonic, or any switch type.

Empress, the new FlashFright Motion Controller could automatically turn your FlashFright off when your guest walks by and after a set time, fire your air cannon too. Just a thought...
          Regards,
          Jeff Londos
          Monster-Tronics
          Innovators in Haunt Technologies
          www.Monster-Tronics.com
          Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

Jeff,

Glad to have you on board. I saw your booth at the show...very original and very unique! Ben was probably your best salesman, while at IAAPA he was running around with some monster he bought from you popping out of this chest.

I tried to talk to you at your booth but man you where slammed!

Nice stuff!!!

Great job!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thanks Larry! You are definitely right about Ben. We provided the moving roots to his existing Harvestman costume and after he wore it to the costume ball at Hauntcon and had one of his actors wear it at a haunt and ball at MHC, we had people coming to our booth in groves asking “ Are you the ones that.....” Ben is the king of costuming and a great guy as you know!!!

At our web site there are pictures of Ben in all his glory in the Testimonial section and a short movie of him at Hauntcon in the Gallery if anyone would like to check it out:
              http://www.monster-tronics.com/testimonials.php
              http://www.monster-tronics.com/galle...ls.php?album=1

If you liked our stuff, we’ll have a few new things to show at Hauntcon but wait until you see what we’re concocting in the Monster-Labs for next year!!!
              Regards,
              Jeff Londos
              Monster-Tronics
              www.Monster-Tronics.com

Comment

I have to agree, your booth was on of my favorite at the show....very unique items! Love that mask with the remote control finger/webbing thing, and you have me intrigued about your bass tube thing-amajig!

=Joel=
                Heartstoppers
                Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
                www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

I've had many times where an air cannon shoots me in the ear and I start hearing a ringing noise. Now that's scary!!
                  Spooky Wishes
                  Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Joel, I really appreciate your comments and I had said this before but I was truly humbled by many of the things that people said to us at the show.

The finger/webbing thing is the Creeper and is my favorite too. I’ve worn it to many haunts in the last two years and it makes them drop like flies. Here is a picture of me at my good friends (Jerry, Jamie & Ty) haunt Phantasmagoria:

http://www.monster-tronics.com/galle...album=1&pos=13

The Infrasonic Fear Generator thing-amajig is what I believe is one of those next gen haunt products (like CGI) that can take your haunt to the next level. Think about what it is worth to subliminally heighten your guest emotions (fear-fun) with-out doing anything but flipping on a switch. New studies are showing that infrasound does heighten good emotions like fun and joy too. Wild stuff man!!!

Keep an eye out for a new announcement coming soon about the Fear Generator.

Thanks again!

Noah, we had this conversation on another board about using high noise products wisely. I’ve been shot in the face with air cannons too, and was not very happy. What are people thinking when they do that kind of stuff, it just kills me!!!
                    Regards,
                    Jeff Londos
                    Monster-Tronics
                    www.Monster-Tronics.com

Comment

Story in the JBCorn books concerning the use of ultrasonics and why he will not repeat that experiment.
                      The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Sorry I don’t have the Corn books, was he using ultrasonics or infrasound? Ultrasonics are high frequencies above human hearing and infrasound is low frequencies below human hearing.

If it has anything to do with the Brown Note Myth that is totally busted.

Check it out:
                        http://www.meyersound.com.au/brownnote.shtm

153 dB is like sticking your head inside a jet engine. If you did not see the show, they interviewed some of the staff after the testing and many of them said they were feeling “strange” some said they felt wierd feeling like “anxiety”.
                        Regards,
                        Jeff Londos
                        Monster-Tronics
                        www.Monster-Tronics.com

Comment

I always remembered infrasonics under the name of subsonics. JBCorn's experiment was ultrasonic with nausea and vomiting as the result. Or was it the subsonic experiment there? The ultrasonic is a trick used for spirit contact point as well.

If you are an IAHA member, you get the JBcorn books for free or you can download them from my website at www.nightmarepark.com and click on the JBCorn CD link. About 200 megs worth.

I have plans going for both frequency ranges. As is, my CD seems to cause much fear with the low basslines, even though I didnt put any subsonics in there knowingly.

Comment

OFF TOPIC!

Wow! This is a very interesting topic and one I would SERIOUSLY like to pursue. But, we are WAAAAY off topic, Guys. 8)

Can either one of you start a brand new topic about infrasonics and all it's other "onics" ? This would be something all of us should know about. I've been here a few years (I think) and I've never seen it discussed.

Okay...back to Air Cannons which are awesome things to talk about within themselves.

PS -- I KNOW I'm acting like the "Thread Police" right now. Sorry. Just indulge an ole' lady.....okay? :wink:

Comment

k, back to air cannons then.

One set of toys I got for the cornfield set is two redneck outhouses, full sized.

The idea being a sound controller with an air cannon. It would be set up to blow at the customer's ankles with an appropriate flatulence sound when they get close to the outhouse.

A cheap comedy shot, but why not?

As is, one improvement over the previous application would be int he comedy realm of each outhouse having their own soundtrack of the natural sounds you expect to find in outhouses. So the air cannon is an extra festivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X