This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$80.00!?

"How about giving me a copy for.... $8.00 and two pair of Granny's skidded undies?"
    "WOW! You BET!"
    In a perfect world....
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

thanks, Tater...........

didn't mean to post it twice (sorry) anyway, $80.00 dollars for what ????? if anyone else knows ANYTHING, please post. thanks. these guys should be BARRED from all upcoming conventions and reported to the Better Business Bureau. (not that THEY will do anything) from what I hear......

Comment

News Flash

I have had a couple of vendors now tell me that Rick other known as the Di*k has taken vendors too! WTH is going on here? And here is a kicker he took a new vendor traded him ads for products! He told them that he gets $5000.00 per ad and we all know it's $2500.00 and is trying to rape him of props! I am tempted to go up there and put a stop to this! It's wrong on so many levels! He's taking buyers money and now he's raping vendors!!! Shane and it's will this creep stop at nothing? Shane
        sigpic

Comment

Jim, do you offer that spoon in a diet option?
          http://www.bigscaryshow.com
          http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Wow

Rick the D*ck WOW had a few phone calls today and it seems like this dude is relentless! Not only has he taken buyers but now VENDORS! Shane and it's he so needs his ass kicked! Shane
            sigpic

Comment

Let's Get Ready To Rumble!!!!
              Spooky Wishes
              Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

I emailed him over and over last year about my subscription. He finally wrote me back. Basically he told me tough luck and called me a stupid b*tch. I was really shocked that he called me that. I had emailed him many times about my suscription but I was never rude about it. I just wanted my subscription.

Comment

Everybody pool your money.

Rent a table/booth right next to his and hang print outs from this thread, nicely printed large enough to be easily, quickly read and then just sit there smiling, not saying a word.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

save our money

and just stand in front of his booth with banners and hand out printouts

Comment

My biggest concern with this guy is that he has his hooks into the other haunt mags.
                      HE now publishes them with a huge ad for his rag in every issue. Then he has made
                      them both little clones of his mags style. What's his style? Lots of pictures that are
                      of little importance and NO substance!!! He even came into the business stating he
                      wanted to develop a "coffee table magazine". That's the type of mag you can
                      thumb through in a doctor's office. No real sustance so you don't have to worry about
                      being in the middle of an interesting article when they call your name!!!

He is even featured on the cover no less of Fright Times magazine hailed as a
                      "Game Changer"!!! Just HOW is he a game changer??? How has he benifitted the
                      haunt industry??? He obviously picked the questions he was asked and provided the
                      pictures that were published including the "plane" picture and a pic of him with
                      Peter Noone. WHO you might ask? A good Trivial Pursuit question!!! IF you are
                      a Baby Boomer you MIGHT remember that he sang with Herman's Hermits!!

Come on it was Herman's Hermits..1960's????
                      So he hires him for Christmas party...the point???
                      How many haunters can post pictures of horror movie stars we're hired at our haunts??
                      Isn’t that more impressive than a 1960’s has been?? (No disrespect to Mr. Noone, I just
                      haven’t heard much from him musically in say …50 years!!)

Oh yeah and the picture of the "Plane".. he's just standing in front of a plane, I can stand
                      in front of a plane and take a picture, it's not like a picture of him IN the plane or flying the
                      plane...wait it is a small 2 maybe 4 seater, probably not enough room to be in it and take a picture too!!

A fellow haunter Dayton that just moved to Tennessee had his own plane... he’a a great
                      guy but doesn't consider himself a "game changer"!!! I'm in Vegas, do I have to list every
                      famous person I get to rub elbows with??? Doesn't make ME a game changer!!

To me it looks like someone with an major inferiority complex.( is that an oxymoron?)
                      Probably was the little geek in high school that spent a lot of time locked IN his locker.
                      He is probably not well known or respected in his primary business so he has to try and
                      impress us with his line of cramp. Are other publishers impressed with a small plane
                      or Peter Noone?? I doubt it so why should we??? I've attached the article, read it yourself.

As for his magazine….$80 for a ego ridden picture book??? $5,000 for an ad????
                      To reach how many subscribers?? And if they don’t even GET an issue what good is
                      the advertising??? Originally he was going to charge so much for the ads because he
                      was going to GIVE them away. He claimed EVERYONE in the industry would have one
                      on their coffee table. IF the mag went to every Haunter you could ALMOST
                      justify a higher ad price. But with the numbers he has for $5,000 a vendor could FLY to
                      each subscriber PERSONALLY!!

The only way he goes away is if we don’t buy the bullshit, don’t subscribe, don’t trade,
                      don’t support him. He says himself he doesn’t NEED us, so why should we need him??
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by RJ Productions; 03-22-2011, 03:03 AM.
                      R&J Productions
                      Las Vegas, NV
                      www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Couple of things...

One the whole entire thread makes our magazine look bad, like we are putting people up to trashing someone elses magazine. I didn't even see this thread until tonight... I've been busy.

It has been my position that there is no harm in buying all the videos, all the magazines, attending all the seminars, and everything between. I just don't see how big a deal it is considering the cost in the bigger scheme of things ... you pay thousands for a prop and then people do a lot of talking about the things that cost the least. Funny. I will say I understand if its truely the case that you paid for something and you just didn't get it and the organization isn't creating the product you paid for. Again I have no idea because I don't subscribe and can't really say one way or another.

I have never subscribed to this magazine, so I really can't complain about not getting a magazine so I won't. I'll be honest I have no clue if they are sending out magazines or not... I know a lot of people complain to me about not getting their magazine and we promptly mail them out to those people. Its very very difficult to get all the magazines out to the right people, and we get our fair share of complaints I can tell you.

We do our best.

My only issue with any other magazine or website or whatever is if they are totally flat out lying or misleading people to gain business, or making threats to sue people if they don't do this or the other... I'm not a sue person, and don't want to be involved in any lawsuits hence we do NOT make ANY of our vendors sign a contract.

If our vendors feel the advertisement is worth what they pay they will buy another ad if they don't oh well...I'm not going to lose sleep over it. We have vendors who never paid, still owe us money, we did NOT sue them, nor did we EVER threaten to sue them, we just wrote it off and I personally will NEVER buy from them, suggest them, or promote them or allow them to promote in my magazine or on my website...period!

But I'm not sueing anyone for money they owe... we'll live!

So if someone is making threats to sue people over signing contracts and that vendor doesn't understand what they signed, well hard to say who's right, but it doesn't make me happy I can tell you that.

This is EXACTLY WHY I am calling for TW to hold pre-show vendor ONLY seminars so we can teach vendors how to run their business, deliver their products, manage their time, and more.

Any vendor who signs long term contracts for anything when they most of the time don't know where their next paycheck is coming from made a huge mistake. I would hope if a magazine or media source really cared or put the industry FIRST they would let that vendor out of a contract as to keep their business running strong.

Either way I'm not in favor of bashing another magazine whether or not I like the magazine or not.

Although I am not standing behind my own words as I am not a subscriber to any of the magazines out there, its really only because I have a hard enough time managing my own and its really the main reason.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President
                        www.HalloweenProductions.com
                        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by graystone View Post

4... Why am I bitching Larry does not deliver all of his issues either. ( Why he threw Larry under the bus beats the hell out of me)

For whatever reason, Larry's name gets brought up in almost every conversation I have with haunt owners, always mentioned by them. It's not really fair to him but for whatever reason he must be the top thing on peoples minds. I think its cuz he has a kick ass video game machine.
                          Jared Layman

Comment

RJ

Originally posted by RJ Productions View Post
                            My biggest concern with this guy is that he has his hooks into the other haunt mags.
                            HE now publishes them with a huge ad for his rag in every issue. Then he has made
                            them both little clones of his mags style. What's his style? Lots of pictures that are
                            of little importance and NO substance!!! He even came into the business stating he
                            wanted to develop a "coffee table magazine". That's the type of mag you can
                            thumb through in a doctor's office. No real sustance so you don't have to worry about
                            being in the middle of an interesting article when they call your name!!!

He is even featured on the cover no less of Fright Times magazine hailed as a
                            "Game Changer"!!! Just HOW is he a game changer??? How has he benifitted the
                            haunt industry??? He obviously picked the questions he was asked and provided the
                            pictures that were published including the "plane" picture and a pic of him with
                            Peter Noone. WHO you might ask? A good Trivial Pursuit question!!! IF you are
                            a Baby Boomer you MIGHT remember that he sang with Herman's Hermits!!

Come on it was Herman's Hermits..1960's????
                            So he hires him for Christmas party...the point???
                            How many haunters can post pictures of horror movie stars we're hired at our haunts??
                            Isn’t that more impressive than a 1960’s has been?? (No disrespect to Mr. Noone, I just
                            haven’t heard much from him musically in say …50 years!!)

Oh yeah and the picture of the "Plane".. he's just standing in front of a plane, I can stand
                            in front of a plane and take a picture, it's not like a picture of him IN the plane or flying the
                            plane...wait it is a small 2 maybe 4 seater, probably not enough room to be in it and take a picture too!!

A fellow haunter Dayton that just moved to Tennessee had his own plane... he’a a great
                            guy but doesn't consider himself a "game changer"!!! I'm in Vegas, do I have to list every
                            famous person I get to rub elbows with??? Doesn't make ME a game changer!!

To me it looks like someone with an major inferiority complex.( is that an oxymoron?)
                            Probably was the little geek in high school that spent a lot of time locked IN his locker.
                            He is probably not well known or respected in his primary business so he has to try and
                            impress us with his line of cramp. Are other publishers impressed with a small plane
                            or Peter Noone?? I doubt it so why should we??? I've attached the article, read it yourself.

As for his magazine….$80 for a ego ridden picture book??? $5,000 for an ad????
                            To reach how many subscribers?? And if they don’t even GET an issue what good is
                            the advertising??? Originally he was going to charge so much for the ads because he
                            was going to GIVE them away. He claimed EVERYONE in the industry would have one
                            on their coffee table. IF the mag went to every Haunter you could ALMOST
                            justify a higher ad price. But with the numbers he has for $5,000 a vendor could FLY to
                            each subscriber PERSONALLY!!

The only way he goes away is if we don’t buy the bullshit, don’t subscribe, don’t trade,
                            don’t support him. He says himself he doesn’t NEED us, so why should we need him??
                            OK I read the article and all I can say is. I AM STILL LAUGHING MY ASS OFF! THIS GUY HAS NO SHAME! Also I would like to know when the hell the pictures were took? when he was in high school? Was it just me the plane looked photo shoped. Maybe his plane is one of them ultri-lights and they made it look bigger. RICK I told you if you continued these business practices of ripping off people what would happen. I will also tell you I know what you did by trying to screw one of the good vendors out of tens of thousands of dollars worth of their product for your own use! If your reading this hes not going there with you and I told him I would offer my own attorney to help him fight you! YOU WILL STOP THIS! Shane and it's I told you that you would remember me! Shane
                            sigpic

Comment

I read Larry's post and I tend to agree...almost. I have never bashed what I consider the other HAUNT magazines, HE & FrightTimes. I don't consider 13th Hour a HAUNT magazine. It is an outsider's attempt to force HIS style into OUR business. THAT's what I disagree with. The first time he presented I talked to him and asked which people in the industry would be providing content. He said he has his own staff of writers and he was using them. OK I can agree to that to a point. If you are doing an article on internet marketing, you could bring in an expert from that field. That could be very informative and bring on outside perspective that is useful. But instead he just has a staff of writers who are now "assigned" to cover Halloween. Hence we have articles that not only have no relavance, but no content!!! Look at any article and do a word count. Take a Hauntworld article and do a word count. CONTENT over fluff. THAT's WANT I OBJECT TO!!

I see a need other haunt publications. A different view is always healthy. But both the other mags have been swayed by this guy and become mini-clones replicating the style and unfortunately the lack of content. If they choose to continue down that path they will simple go away!!

Why does this Rick guy have to try and impress us with "planes" and "celebrities" and then iinsult us by not supplying actual content, servicing subscribers, INSULTING subscribers and talking down to everyone in this industry. If he doesn't want to play in this sandbox...GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

IF he has all this money just go BUY your own props instead of using the "magazine" to procure them!!

This is like religious freedom. I have no problem with what you believe. When it crosses the line and starts to impeed on MY rights....I have an issue.
                              We have enough problems in this industry with fly by night operators, idiots that ruin things for the rest of us. We don't need one that likes to advertise it!!

THis is strictly MY opinion and does not reflect on this Forum. But come on people...wake up!

If he doesn't NEED us...why do WE need him????
                              R&J Productions
                              Las Vegas, NV
                              www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

It Is All About

How many people agree with his vision. (forgetting the bad business involving money)
                                If my vision told me that the only really scary big thing in this world was total darkness and my big haunted house was just a large empty but dark room AND if enough people agreed and were free to come see it (work permit? Day Release? Temp. license?) and they agreed to pay me my ticket price of $100 per/person... then if I was happy with the incoming money ,could live on it, then who is how much "wrong" it is then?
                                I could make a good side-income growing mushrooms!
                                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                                X