No announcement yet.

Achieving a burnt look w/ paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if it would work, but blended up newspaper could make some real nice flaking texture. I just remember that ashy charred walls reminded me of the time we made, "Homemade paper" in first grade.

Comment

Here's My doll

She's not really burnt per se, but she was rubbed in ash after I painted her to make her look older and creepier.
      Attached Files
      Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

Neat kimmy! I just use average dollar store babies.

And good point Allen, another thing to add is that each fire has a source. Maybe a corner trash can someone through a cigarette in or something like that. The damage would be less the further from the fire, so a noticeable source would add more realism than just a soot covered room.

Best of luck with the build!

Comment

Paint and wood. Thats what I remember from the old Haunt World videos. Its a Dr. Lady quote I think?! You can make or do anything with paint and wood. Also I was gonna suggest something similar to what Mike suggested. I would hate to have real burnt furniture in a room because of the fumes ect. May be too much for the actor to deal with if they are working in there. You can do the same with paint. And cutting away parts of furniture to make it look like they burned away.
          Damon
          Frightmasters
          www.houseoffright.com
          Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
          X