Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

feedback on one of my proposed main characters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feedback on one of my proposed main characters.

tried to go for a jester using horns instead of the floppy points on the hat.

It's a fun drawing.

My Jester Hat has filled points, not floppy at all, you could say they are stuffed looking, firm, round, substantial looking.
    The draped and layered material of the drawing makes the costume look like it would be "hot", but maybe the actual costume would not be depending upon the actual air temps. when this will be worn and the type of fabric used.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Didn't get to the construction part yet. It'd mainly be outside for the queue list area. In New England, October is usually anything but warm.

Comment

He's creepy for sure. I like the horns instead of hat very much. I think the fabric layering would be fine... I love layers! Great job! Can't wait to see it come to life!
        Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

of course for temperature concerns for the wearer, not seen in this illustration is the whole back is open like a hospital gown.
          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

He looks a little tall like the head and shoulders might be above the head of the wearer which would be neat. Not a full blown stalk around but maybe 8 feet tall? I'm imagining some godzilla like bones in the back that push out the clothing and show a thick neck structure that could be carried down as part of a harness. No matter what you do, horns get heavy to wear directly on your head. If the eyes are not the real eyes you can have crazy glowing fiber optic demon eyes. You actually see out of the black triangles on the front of the smock.
            Last edited by Greg Chrise; 05-09-2011, 08:16 AM. Reason: family sized googley moogely
            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Maybe you have an actor pretending to be a patron in line for long periods of time and under that costume is a full blown secret military exo skeleton that the jester can grab a 200 pound guy and carry him away bitching and screaming with his powerfull arm straight out?
              sigpic

Comment

Maybe it's Obvious?

Whenever I wear my jester hat those "horns" seem to catch on the edge of every doorway and tend to slap and poke at other things and people.
                Maybe "Jester Humor" grew from this mild frustration?
                Facemakers costumes just 10 miles from me began installing small electric fans in their College maskot costumes many years ago. I go for low-tech solutions like wearing underware with holes in it.
                Of course a small quiet spinning fan blade could make those underware holes too!
                "Live Better Electrically!"
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Whadda ya got ants in your pants? And how long will it take professonals to diagnose polka dot hair loss in the buttockal region?

I told one of my guys about my comment, open back like a hospital gown and he added, and that's the scariest side of the costume!
                  sigpic

Comment

it looks good but currently it has very unrealistic proportions. I popped it into photo shop to give you and idea what it would look like if it had human proportions.

still good, just not as imposing as before, also the feet should be much smaller because its never fun to work in clown shoes.
                    Allen H
                    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Perhaps something such as kicker FB padding would allow the width of his shoulders?

Comment

I think the young man in the middle is a little upset or apprehensive to play this character. Mainly because is he is dressed as a muslim and it would be degrading to his people to have to return to the days of being a servent or ordered around by a higher power for their entertainment.
                        Damon
                        Frightmasters
                        www.houseoffright.com
                        Damon Carson

Comment

Huh, first thing I thought of was the "The Darkness" icon as far as the facial parts... cool looking, but, feet seem a little awkward

Comment

Working...
                          X