Building Your Own Trailer Haunted House ... Documented

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building Your Own Trailer Haunted House ... Documented

I will tell you guys this much, since I started building my own trailer haunted house, I've had more people ask me about than I can remember.

I never even heard of a trailer haunted house until I met a guy named Rich Strelak, and then i asked him to write a series of articles about them in Hauntworld Magazine.

Those where probably the most popular articles we've ever had in the magazine, along with the article I wrote about the internet. I got so many emails about the trailer haunted house articles.

I have a couple people coming down to see my trailer haunted house this week and next week... people want trailer haunts now to set up outside their own attractions.

Its a great way to make extra revenue for sure but its not as easy as you think to build one. Anyway I bought a used one many years ago, and I have to admit it was really bad, I never really upgraded it, fixed it up, put much time or effort into. And to be REALLY honest I was embarrased everytime somebody enter the attraction.

Last September, I was in Vegas and got to see visit with Rich and see one of his trailer haunts and I must say it was a lot better than my own. Anyway, we're TOTALLY redoign our WHOLE event (silox) location and here is what we're doing in a nutshell...

SiloX (30,000 square foot indoor outdoor haunt)

Tombstone Haunted Hayride (1/4th mile long very detailed)

2 acre Corn Maze (first time ever doing this)

Pumpkin Patch (we'll be selling pumpkings, Thanks Tony for the help in that area)

We're building a gift store... thanks Jubies!!!

and finally OUR main attraction the DUMP known as our trailer haunt... Now I said this has to be our best attraction, and everyone laughed because it sucked so bad. Well now its shaping up into something I'm very proud of and I'm trying to share with you all what I'm doing and I hope you learn from it.

We're turning our trailer haunt into a GREAT haunt, I'm calling it a mini darkness. Well anyway normally when I upload photos, I dont take the time to type in any description but with this photo gallery I am.

I'm trying to show you step by step how we're building a great trailer haunt. They have their limitations because of width mostly, but we're doing the best we can without breaking the budget. Overall I wouldn't imagine we're spending more than $25,000.00 which includes the facade, because we're using a lot of left over stuff from Darkness but either way...

I just uploaded like 15 more photos...

Feel free to ask me questions or better yet ask Rich Strelak ...

Anyway I'm trying to take the time and document how we're going about building the ultimate trailer haunt. I hope when its done it will be something we're very proud of and our guests as well.

Here is the link...

http://www.hauntworld.com/gallery/th...s.php?album=70

Keep in mind there are a few Darkness photos on this page and there is a SECOND page of photos. All of the NEW photos I just uploaded are on the second page.

Sooo...

Take a look and let me know what you think!

If you have any questions fire away!!! Lastly, ANYONE who wants to come down and take a tour just let me know you're coming.

This attraction has all the full blown safety stuff, from a sprinkler system (YES A MOBILE sprinkler system) elights, smokes, you name it.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

A trailer is a blank pallete to paint your artistry.

Do you realize that one of THE finest haunts ever made is a trailer haunt?

(as a trivia, guess which haunt it is? And yes, it is running and all of you have heard of it)
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Terror on the Fox? Verdun Manor?
      Kevin
      MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Verdun is it. 9 trailers stacked in 2 stories.

Comment

both are amazing, but If im not mistaken, ToTF is a mixture of Trailers, buildings, and traincars...
          www.Doomsdayproductions.com
          www.RealmofTerror.com

Comment

Trailer haunting

Hi, Everybody,

The trailer haunt idea definitely appeals to me for obvious reasons. Getting a location is always a nightmare in itself along with trying to pacify the Fire Marshals and Building Code inspectors in major metropolitan areas like where I'm at. Philadelphia, Pa. There's no money budgeted for a trailer show this year. I landed a small store space in an area mall which will have to do for my first season. Interior store spaces aren't the best because there's no exterior exposure and you're limited by what the property manager allows you to put outside at their location. This is where tons of promotion comes in and is totally necessary.

Depending on the outcome of my first haunt season for 2007, I will most likely pursue the trailer haunt idea. Basically, I've spent the past 2 years trying to get a location and "zero" time on the creative part of the operation until now. I don't like that arrangement. Very stressful and it tends to take the fun out of the whole project.....

Steve....
            UptownHaunts@aol.com

"Follow the Bloody Brick Road to Nightmare Village"

Comment

Nice pics! I may be coming to St. Louis over the summer, have to talk it over with the rest of the family! -Tyler
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I myself have interest in trailor haunts. I have seen photos and I am WOW'D every time. Its cool to see how you can create such a great haunt in such a limited space.

Comment

Larry, any chance of putting up a simple blueprint of your layout. IE how many trailers, how they are laid out, maybe how they flow together??....
                  www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmaretony
                    Verdun is it. 9 trailers stacked in 2 stories.
                    And I had the privilage of working at Verdun for 2 years. It was great workin for the late Lance Pope. He was a great guy. And none-the-less, it is THE most detailed haunt I have ever seen.
                    Brad Bowen
                    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                    www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Kewlsome. I had been talking some years back with Don (Ysengrin) concerning used rides. They were interested in a large scale dark ride system, it was either that or an Intamin Speed Rapids ride. (the dark ride was a Disney ride called Horizons, FYI).

If you are still in touch with him, tell him I sez hi and we never did sell it. Sigh.

Comment

Looks amazing Larry, I really wanna come down soon to see your trailer haunt and the new Darkness. Hopefully it warms up and I will give you all a call to check it out if its cool.
                        Thanks,
                        Damon
                        Damon Carson

Comment

Do the HW galleries still exist or am I just being technically 'tarded, I keep getting fatal error messages.....???

AC

Comment

I think it is broke.
                            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Larry, any chance getting the link fixed, this thread is something that intrest me and would like to see the pics, thanks.
                              Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Working...
                              X