Any advice for me on covering a ceiling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice for me on covering a ceiling

Hey All! I have a couple rooms that I have to put a ceiling on. I am trying to do it on the cheap..imagine that. One room is a boiler room the other is a torture cell room. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks
    Chaos
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

If you could use something that would let water through it could also help keep the fire marshal happy.
    Cheese cloth or beef netting might be a good option. After you hang it you could spray areas and make it look very stained and nasty, and I would think the fire marshal would be happy with it.

For the boiler room expanded metal would look great but you would also have to provide a support structure. You can also use it to help provide lighting effects by pointing your lighting at it, then the lighting passes through creating patterns on the walls and floors.
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Go to Dazian.com, they have a multitude of fabrics and lots of them are made for ceilings that would keep the marshal happy. I am using some of their 1/4" honeycomb mesh (IFR) for a ceiling effect and also cheesecloth might work in a pinch, and its inexpensive.
      Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
      [n8 creative studios]

Comment

I wouldn't spend much..

Very rarely do people actually look up. But if it's bothering you, can you paint the ceiling?

James Lurgio
        Nightmare Productions

Comment

Any advice for me on covering a ceiling

Ok. Here is what I did. First I decided I would have to open my checkbook; Just a little. I went with heavy painters drop cloth. They cost about $30 for a 12x15 at Lowes. I treated it with fire retard. and hung up. I nastied the one in the boiler room up with differant rotten colors and then put up rusted mesh below it( a layer effect). It looks fairly industrial. Thanks for the insite. I did not want to cover the ceiling but it DID reallly change and "SELL" the room. Thanks again

Chaos
          Capt.Chaos
          Fear Asylum Haunted House
          Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

make sure what ever you use will not block firesprinklers I like to use camo netting
            I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

Working...
            X