Fright props rocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great news about a great vendor !!!!!!

nice to see some positive experiences for a change about a haunt vendor !!!! great work, guys !!!!! you should be commended !!!!

Comment

Prime season rush...2 weeks aint bad

Followed a lot of these lightning fast shipping posts. So I ordered a few things on Sept 13th. Wasn't to worried when it didn't arrive a week later. But today I called (9 days later). All my stuff was in stock. They are shipping hundreds of orders a day and told expect tuesday...2 weeks after order. Not too shabby for time of year when everybody and their cousin is ordering.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

We buy all of our motors from Grainger. Doesn't anyone go there like on a daily basis? LOL

We go there almost daily they sell just about everything. If it doesn't work you can go right in and swap it back out.

Grainger is probably the #1 place we buy most of the stuff we use in Darkness. Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
          We buy all of our motors from Grainger. Doesn't anyone go there like on a daily basis? LOL

We go there almost daily they sell just about everything. If it doesn't work you can go right in and swap it back out.

Grainger is probably the #1 place we buy most of the stuff we use in Darkness. Larry
          Grainger does supply almost everything, but it doesn't really support the haunt industry like using vendors focused on developing items for haunters.

Comment

Grainger

YES Grainger is great... If you have deep pockets and money isn't a concern.:wink:
            sigpic
            PEACE, ADAM
            www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Fright Props

I needed some motion detectors, I placed my order the 16th got them today the 22nd. Fright Props does rock.

Comment

They do rock

Yes I must agree I called them and asked about a few things yesterday and he said he can make them by Monday for us to pick up Luckily they are only a 1 hour drive from us.

Shawn
                http://www.twistedwoods.com

Comment

FrightProps is pretty much the ONLY company that I wholly recommend. Fast, Friendly, and awesome SERVICE AFTER THE SALE!!!! (Some companies don't event give you PRODUCT after the SALE!) Buy from FRIGHTPROPS and sleep sound tonight!

Comment

Fright Props

Fright Props has be become another of the companies that earned our trust and have ensured that we will be long term customers with them. We placed a small order with Doug at the show and received everything earlier than promised. We placed another smaller order a couple of weeks ago and had products later the same week. Now for the service after the sale, we had the pow stick die before our season starts, I emailed Fright Props ( expecting a sorry your out of luck response but I was pleasantly surprised) I quickly received a response from Doug asking me to try a couple things to get it working and if it didn't work, he would send out a replacement. I tried a few extra tricks to get it working without luck and have emailed Fright Props telling them it's a dead. I have 100% faith that they will stand behind their product as per our emails. Now that's service after the sale

Thank You Doug and The crew at Fright Props

Dan Augusto
                    Owner Tombstone Productions

Comment

Reluctant complaint..but I'm pissed.

First off ; I have had some good stuff from fright props. Loved the motion floor kit I got from them a year or two ago. They carry a huge variety of stuff and you could damn near outfit a haunt with nothing but stuff from them their offering line is so complete! Get the picture? I like their stuff..it's great..but I always feel let down after an order comes. Intend for this post to be constructive criticism that maybe changes the one flaw I feel they have..not a mad rant.

Bought talking skulls "show specail" a couple years ago; ordered from St. Louis show. Got it and it was not complete...like show floor models talking to each other. Called and they (Doug i believe????) explained to me that they just could not possibly sell complete plug and play kit for wehat show special was. Ok...I did not get right info from salesman or I had a lapse of remeberance between asking salesman and ordering next morning. Hey; there is a lot of stuff to see at show and I very likely misunderstood or forgot details after hitting bar that night before next days order. Salesman or I messed up....it happens. Shipped order not what I expected...get over it and move on.

Fast forward to 2011. I finally get around to making skulls complete plug and play this year. At same time I order "Large mister complete without audio" after eeing everyone rave how fast Fright Props ships and 'they rock". Ok; look back farther and you will se I posted about that order. I "politely" chimed in that sometimes orders take 2 weeks...didn't bash them...but just let others know if you order during mad rush last minute...it may take two weeks. When I calle dto see why my order was not here yet the guy at Fright Props was puzzled why I did not have it already..everything was in stock. "It will be there tuesday". Good enough. Hey; they are shipping hundreds of orders last minute cut them some slack if an order gets lost temporarily. I posted a positive commenton here...but still reality check at same time on shipping.

Now my beef. I got my water mister item number 0833-0491-WOA Large Mister Complete without Audio today. It left the same taste in my mouth as the talking skulls. It is not complete. I have to dick around and find a damn power supply for it. "Sizing your power supply- Your picoBoo's power supply must alweays be 9 or 12 volts DC. The wattage you'll need depends on whaether your'e trying to power the selonoids from the same supply....yada yada yada......." I wanted a damn watewr mister"COMPLETE" JUST THE LIKE THE DAMN TALKING SKULLS"COMPLETE" I ORDERED BEFORE!!!! DON"T SAY COMPLETE WHEN IT IS NOT COMPLETE!

Pissed Off Wicked Farmer

Comment

Now look deeper at this

Ok; there was no power supply/cord with this "complete mister" (in Fright props terminology). Go to their catalog and look at top of first page. "Motion sensor included with all props. For more trigger options see page 12". There is no trigger included with this either...yet one is needed to function. Below this item in catalog are electric spark fence and shock mats....they do not need a trigger...so naturally you do not get one. But you need a trigger to work the water mister....and a power supply.

Pissed Off Wicked Farmer

Comment

I think when you are ordering components as opposed to "props" it is better to be able to get your triggers and power supplies seperate. They have them on their site also and you can order at the same time. I like the versatility sometimes I want a pressure mat, sometimes a break beam, and other times a button for the actor. They arent trying to rip you off, they are selling components so you have the versatility of applying the mister in any way you want. Im sure all props come with sensors, but if it is just part of a prop, then you are ordering that part. I think its a language gap as opposed to them trying to mislead.
                          Last edited by Allen H; 09-27-2011, 07:44 AM.
                          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I was waiting for this post.

Look again at the page that this is under. The heading of the page is "air and electric props" . The componets come later in the catalog.

Comment

Thats right...I was setting a trap for this comment. Sorry Allen.

Thanks Allen. You just drove my point home. The heading of page this "COMPLETE" water mister is is listed under AIR PROPS page....not the following pages with headings of "Controllers, Timers, Electronics".

Comment

This is what i got.

The "Large Water Mister Complete Without Audio" consissted of their PicoBoo Jr...$70, a 1/4" solenoid $25 and tubing..a few bucks (prices taken off their componets pages like Allen talks about) Now the solenoid and pico Jr are screwed into a piece of plywood....they are not componets form...but assembled. Yes I expected the $20 power supply and $30 trigger (that is included with all props as to heading of first page) as well for this $199 prop. So add the $70, $25, $20, $30, and $5 for tubing. That leaves them $49 to assemble it (based on prices of componets in their componets pages).

I ordered a "COMPLETE" water mister; off the air & electric prop pages.

More and more pissed off Wicked Farmer

Comment

Working...
                                X