Anti-Halloween Neighbor Revenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-Halloween Neighbor Revenge

Some of you know about my a$$hole neighbor who is a Jehovah Witness and therefore anti-Halloween. Our yard display and Halloween parties seem to cause him quite a lot of grief and he does his best to be a complete jerk to us the rest of the year. (However, to be fair - he calls the cops on everyone on the block - we all hate him).

A$$hole has struck again. On Friday I received a letter from our property owner's association's group the "Architectural and Ecological Control Committee" and it reads:

Dear Mr & Mrs Bagnulo:

During a recent inspection of your neighborhood, we noticed you still have your Halloween yard decorations up. Seasonal decorations are expected to be removed with in a reasonable time following the holiday. Please make arrangements to remove the Halloween decorations until the next season.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact Iva Gordon or me.....

Sincerely -

Some pain in the a$$ woman

First off, no one "inspects" the neighborhoods - if so all the people who have left their Christmas lights up for the past three years would be getting these letters. We assume a$$hole has been calling and complaining. Also keep in mind our "Halloween yard decorations" are in no way still up. If this woman had seen our yard in October she'd realize this. Scarecrow (just one) remained up to reflect our personal taste in yard art.

I certainly want to be in "compliance" with MPOA regulations so today I did this (See picture):

I hope the fact I made my scarecrow more seasonal rectifies the situation. I will change scarecrow in May to reflect a more appropriate holiday - Cinco de Mayo / Memorial Day/ July 4th - I think I'll make him Uncle Sam holding a flag. It's really too bad I didn't realize I wasn't in compliance earlier because I could have changed scarecrow into cupid, then a leprachaun, the easter bunny, etc etc.

So, my dear Jehovah Witness pain in the a$$ neighbor, thank you for inspiring us to decorate for more holidays your religion hates and for inspiring us to do an even bigger, more elaborate display for your enjoyment next October.

Happy Holidays!

Rachel

(If this link doesn't work PM me and I'll email the pic of the seasonally decorated scarecrow).

http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoVie...vfolderid=2007

Hey

Hey rach

The link isnt working..just to give you a heads up
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

HAHAHA!!! thats good. Just rub that s%$t in his face!! You go girl!!!
      Brad Bowen
      Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
      www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

And just an FYI, I'd have to sign in to see the pictures. SO I dont get to see 'em.
        Brad Bowen
        Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
        www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Crap! I'll figure out how to post an image tommorrow - I'm going to bed. Or PM me with your email address and I'll send the pic.

However, to give you a visual I put a purple flower laui around his neck. Two spring colored-pinwheels at his base. These big pink and purple butterflies are hanging off the chain that dangles down from his arm. I weaved a spring-flower garland through his rope belt and put a purple flower wreath on his head. It's very tacky - was what I was going for....I need a big ole "Happy Spring" sign in front of him too.

For Cinco de Mayo I'm thinking big sombrero on his head- those large beer bottles you can get at Spencers - maracas (sp?) - festive colored ponchos - etc etc

Sometimes I can be such a sarcastic b*tch....

Comment

Here ya go:

Comment

If you or someone that you know would have enough artistic ability I think it would be rich to have a scarecrow that facially resembles your neighbor!
              Except have the likeness have a smile on it's face so nobody will actually recognise it!
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

In all fairness not all Jehovah Witness are pain in the a$$es. I have a few friends that turned to Jehovah Witness for whatever reason, and even though they may not believe in halloween, christmas, or just about anything for that matter doesnt mean their anti-holiday. They respect the fact that I as a catholic do celebrate such holidays and may go to extreams when it comes to decorating, esp. Halloween. Granted its annoying when they come knocking on your door, but lets not hate

BTW AWESOME SCARECROW~!

Sean
                Sean De Wane
                ----------------------------------------------
                The De Wane Asylum
                www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

well im with you on the neighbor thing.i have drunks living next door to me that have partys outside my window all night and wakes the whole family up.well back when my haunt was a backyard haunt,this ahole watched me build my haunt all yr and waited untill the day before halloween to call code enforcement and the firemarshal on me.his jaw droped when he saw me still having the haunt that year because i told the "private party"excuse.i could not charge admission but the show went on for years for free after that.

Comment

He's an a$$hole because he's an a$$hole - but the Jehovah Witness card is what he pulled when I didn't realize his nature and invited him and his wife to the family-friendly Halloween party we have every year (we invite all the neighbors). "we don't celebrate Halloween" they've repeatedly told me - and that's fine - but don't act like such a jerk because I do celebrate it. The point is that he's a jerk - his religion is a side-fact.

This man calls the cops on the kids across the street because they were rollerblading in the cul-de-sac and skated on the edge of his driveway. He's just a miserable, cranky man.

In other news I have typed a response to the MPOA letter:

Dear Ms. Reamey and Ms. Gordon:

Thank you for your letter dated April 5, 2007 concerning our yard. Our Halloween yard decorations have been down for some time (please drive by in October to see what I mean). However, we do have a piece of yard art that reflects our personal taste in our side yard.

We certainly want to be in “compliance” with MPOA regulations and therefore, we have updated our yard decorations to reflect the current season. We hope this rectifies the situation.

I had no idea MPOA conducted “neighborhood inspections.” I’m sure during these inspections you discovered homes that have had their Christmas lights and wreaths up for the past three years. I imagine they received letters too.

Again, thank you for your concern.

Sincerely –

Rachel C. Bagnulo

P.S. I married Mr. Bagnulo close to four years ago and MPOA might want to update their records to show my married name.

Comment

We had a bunch of partiers that lived by us at our old address. Every Friday night they would party with their windows wide open, sitting outside, reving their motorcycles and doing burn outs on the road. After repeated nice visits by me asking them if they would mind keeping the noise level down after 1AM, I finally had enough. After a really late night of them partying until 3-4 and after they had fallen asleep, I got a bunch of friends to come over at 5:30AM and we started building stuff right at the edge of our property line and as close to their window as possible. Oh we were hammering and had our sterio blasting and we had skill saws going and just made as much noise as possible. When they came out of the house, eyes all bloodshot, I looked at them with my best Mr Rodgers and said HI NEIGHBOR. He asked what we were building and I said, I don't know yet. When he asked how long it was going to be, I said I don't know, you guys keep me up so late at night with all your noise, I just come up with these crazy ideas for projects. Funny thing is, when I sleep at night, I dont think up crazy projects. He went back into his house and we kept up all the noise and this cycle repeated that night with them partying and us building the next day, Sunday. The following week, they still partied, but no burn outs and no windows wide open and suddenly, my creativity died down. Several years later, we had a good laugh over the whole thing.....
                      www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Stories like this have made me love my neighbors. We, too, live in an HOA. I was worried for the first year, because no one seemed to decorate for any holiday. The neighborhood kids were excited to see our Halloween decorations up. A few people do have doormats or signs under their addresses with their names on them. We just have a sign that has our last name and "Family Cemetery" hanging from a chain from two dead bushes out front. The HOA landscaping people refused to tear the bushes out of the yard, so I put them to good use. LOL. Did I mention we live next door to a priest? He's the most awesome neighbor we've had in a long time!

Last year a new family moved in and they did a huge kid-friendly display with the inflatable decorations and mummies and what-not. They made me feel pretty good (I don't take my things down til the second week of November) - they left theirs up until two weeks before Christmas.

I like your scarecrow, Rachel! You'll have to take photos of him for Cinco de Mayo and share them with us!
                        www.mindseizure.com
                        www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

The Holiday ScareCrow needs his on MySpace page. I want to see pictures of him celebrating things like National Secretaries Day, and if you can pulll it off, National Talk Like a Pirate Day!
                          sigpic
                          Louis Brown
                          Owner, operator, and dish washer
                          at
                          DarkWood Manor

Comment

Some people are just sad and unhappy... its such a wonder they find a sad and unhappy god too..... :?

I love the idea of the seasonal scarecrow. Just think of all the great ideas for this scarecrow you are going to come up with over the next year.... that will all spill over into new October inventions.... :wink:
                            http://www.innerfears.com/
                            http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

Can anyone say SCROOGE!!!!!! BAH HUMBUG TO HIM!

Comment

Working...
                              X