Best Haunted Houses... Please Nominate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allan,

Thanks for the first nomination (that I saw) for Castle Blood with your post.

Ricky is often too modest when it comes to the list of accomplishments. Some of which have come from "non-industry" places such as articles in national tourist and magic magazines, a television show based upon the goings-on at the attraction, too many awards in costuming to list, and simply being one of the longest-running attractions in a very competitive region. People have traveled from Cailifornia, New England, Florida, and Chicagoland (and many places in between) to both see and work the attraction. Not bad for being a haunt in an town that is so small that it doesn't even have mail delivery!

Chris

Comment

I will go ahead and Nominate My haunted House: THE HOUSE OF HORRORS AND HAUNTED CATACOMBS. We are definately one of the largest if not THE largest indoor haunted house in the United States. We are located in a permanent 80,000 sq ft facility and currently are using around 65,000 sq ft as actual haunt space, and expanding this year. We have 4 attractions in our facility 2 of which change each year. We are now going into our 6th season and there are not many haunts out there that can rival the vast size of my event. For 3 years I Opened as the HOUSE OF HORRORS, then put the oldest and Largest Haunted house in buffalo, ny THE HAUNTED CATACOMBS out of Business and shortly thereafter bought them out. So now I run Both these enormous Haunts in one huge facility as well as 2 smaller attractions in the same Building.
      I have over 100 animations easy-Tons of the biggest props from scarefactory, distortions, etc. We could practically run the haunt with no actors..lol..there is that many! Actually as far as actors on weekends we usually have 60 + actors throughout the houses and have has as many as 80 a night. Regularly have friends of mine in the heavy metal world come through the Haunted house and have had several Bands such as The Misfits, Gwar, and Danzig come through the haunt and love it! I have spent lots of money at Transworld this year and am going to really one up th show we had last year. I definately think we are deserving of being one of top haunts in the country! Check out or website-have quite a few pics up there!

-Tim
      www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com
      www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com
      www.myspace.com/houseofhorrors
      thehorrorbizness@aol.com

Comment

HERE IS AN UPDATE FOLKS...

We're going to feature several categories this year for our new and improved Hauntworld Top 13 List...

I need you NOW to not only nominate the best haunts but in addition the following area's as well...

1) Best Overall Haunted Attraction (Top 13) Nominate up to 13 attractions.

2) Best Haunted Hayride (Top 3) Nominate up to 5 attractions

3) Best Home Haunt (Top 5) Nominate up to 5 attractions

4) Best Haunt in a Unique Location (Prison, Hospital, Cave, Boat, etc) (Top 3)

5) Best Haunted House TV Commerical on YouTube (Top 5)

6) Best Haunted Attraction Website (Top 5) Must supply link to website.

7) Best Tour Driven Haunted Attractions (Top 3) Why?

8) Best All Outdoor Haunted Attractions (Top 3)

9) Best Amusement Park Haunted Events (Top 5)

10) Best Year Around Haunted Houses (Top 5)

Does your haunt meet any of these? Would you like to nominate your haunted house? Would you like to nominate someone elses haunted house? Every haunt from this list will be given HauntWorld.com's seal of being a top attraction in AMerica and be featured in the next Hauntworld Magazine and on our website under America's Best Haunts.

Start the final nominations. All winners will be revealed in the July issue of Hauntworld Magazine.

Sincerely,
        Larry Kirchner
        Attached Files
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

1. Uss Nightmare, Baxter Ave. Morgue, The Darkness, DreamReapers, Netherworld, Terror on the Fox.

2. Headless Horseman

3. Terror Syndicate, The House (Gwen)

4. Uss Nightmare (Boat).. The Haunted House (actual school)

9. Fearfest at Kings Island, Mason Ohio.

10. Ravens Grin Inn

-Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I Nominate the USS NIGHTMARE FOR SLOTS 1 AND 4
            5 years in the business and still ticking
            Ive been through HELL on Earth. What can you do?
            USSN

Comment

I like the new category Idea. Our haunt definitely fits into the
              all outdoor attraction category. With a super scary new location on a 78 acre farm,
              our haunt features a 6 acre corn maze. With monsters towering 34 feet
              above the crowd we have no choice but to be all outdoors! The haunt
              is so detailed it will be open during the day with no actors so people
              can enjoy it and pick up on the details they missed while they were running
              through it at night. Such things as chainsaw carved tree monsters and
              a real headless horseman are just some of the exciting new additions to
              our extremely unique haunted attraction. I also think our name says
              it all........ HAUNTED OVERLOAD.

Thanks for the consideration,

Eric
              www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Spookywoods is located in an over grown 90,000 square foot Christmas Tree Farm. This not only creates an incredible atmosphere for a haunt, but it very unique in the industry of warehouse haunts as well.

Just my .000002
                Tony Wohlgemuth,
                Comes up with the fun stuff!
                Kersey Valley, Inc.
                www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

Hi Larry,
                  We feel that Castle Blood should not only be nominated in the main 13 category, but should also be considered for the tour driven category as well.
                  We started our Adventure Game style of haunt in 1993 where people are on a quest type tour. Since then many people are making a name for themselves by going to this format, both locally and around the country. That's all good. I can't expect to get the coverage we do, and not inspire others to try the same thing.
                  But a bit of recognition for being at the front of the line would be cool.

As for Home Haunt, we are in a pretty gray area. Much like Ravens Grin, or Dr Lady's Horror Hotel, we DO live where we haunt, but like these others, we approach our place just like every other seperate property attraction.
                  But since Horror Hotel made your top list one year, please consider us for that as well.
                  Thanks
                  Gravely
                  Gravely MacCabre
                  aka Ricky Dick
                  Castle Blood Haunted Adventure Tour
                  and
                  Midnight Monster Hop
                  Horror Host Show

Beallsville, PA 15313
                  www.castleblood.com
                  www.midnightmonsterhop.com
                  www.myspace.com/midnightmonsterhop.com

Media Director for National Halloween Convention

http://www.halloweenshow.com
                  Lifetime achievement award winner
                  International Costumers Guild

Comment

1. Netherworld, The Darkness, Terror on the Fox, Dream Reapers, The 13th Gate, House of Horrors Buffalo, Silo-X, Frightworld Buffalo, Nightshade Manor, Raycliff Manor, Turbidite Manor, Baxter Avenue Morgue, Erebus

2. Headless Horseman, Bates Motel and Haunted Hayride, Tombstone Hayride

3. The Scream Extreme, Heartstoppers, DC Cemetary

4. Eastern State Penetentiary, USS Nightmare

5. Netherworld

6. House of Horrors Buffalo www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com

8. Kersey Valley Spookywoods, Haunted Overload

9. Knotts Scary Farm, Universal Horror Nights

10. Ravens Grin Inn
                    Last edited by MindWerxKMG; 06-06-2007, 02:55 PM.
                    Kevin
                    MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

1) Best Overall Haunted Attraction (Top 13) Nominate up to 13 attractions.
                      Netherworld, The Darkness, Dream Reapers, Bates Motel & Hayride, KV Spookywoods, Erebus, Headless Horseman, 13th Gate, Pirates of Emerson, Nightmare on 13th, Terror on the Fox, Hangman’s House of Horrors, Niles Haunted House

2) Best Haunted Hayride (Top 3) Nominate up to 5 attractions
                      Headless Horseman, Bates Motel & Hayride, Shocktoberfest

3) Best Home Haunt (Top 5) Nominate up to 5 attractions.
                      DC Cemetery, HeartStoppers, Rebel Yell, Haunted Overload, Terror Syndicate

Eastern State Penitentiary

5) Best Haunted House TV Commercial on YouTube (Top 5)
                      Netherworld

6) Best Haunted Attraction Website (Top 5) Must supply link to website.

7) Best Tour Driven Haunted Attractions (Top 3) Why?
                      Castle Blood

8) Best All Outdoor Haunted Attractions (Top 3)
                      KV Spookywoods

9) Best Amusement Park Haunted Events (Top 5)
                      Knotts Scary Farm

10) Best Year Around Haunted Houses (Top 5)
                      Raven Grin
                      http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Comment

My Nomination

Hello,
                        It would be my honor to nominate DEAD ACRES / HAUNTED HOOCHIE of Columbus Ohio. This haunted house is and has been overlooked ( for years ) Dead Acres is above many haunts on so many levels, they have always made allot of custom scenes that were just so much more advanced than allot of others out there. And on the Scare Scale 1 - 10 any "patron or haunter would give it a solid 9 - 9 1/2. Any patron from around the area rates haunted houses on the Haunted Hoochie scale from 1 - 10 . As a matter of fact, last year a group of " non-haunters " and myself set out to visist a few haunts and it wasnt long before someone said.... " yeah that place wasnt bad but nothing like Haunted Hoochie. "
                        Tim and the guys kick ass each and every year, they are definitely the best Ohio has to offer. Definitely one of the best in the nation ! Its a shame noone has noticed them untill recently. The Haunted Hoochie / Dead Acres crew are famous among the patrons for putting on a hell of a show. The talk amongst the patrons is " Bang For Your Buck " I was in line last year a few times and that seemed to be what patrons were complaining about, patrons were unhappy about spending the doe and not getting the delivery. BUT believe it or not.... EVERY TIME I HEARD PEOPLE COMPLAINING SOMONE BROUGHT UP DEAD ACRES / HAUNTED HOOCHIE !!!!!! They would say, you have been to the worst now you MUST check out Dead Acres. Dead Acres kicks ASS and takes names and should definitely be nominated.......... HELL YEAH !

Comment

Dead Acres

That is one intense show, that is for sure, and the realism of the sets is amazing.
                          They are hard core, they remind me most of another famous show I haven't seen, The House of Shock - Minus the Devil stuff.

Thanks

Ben
                          NETHERWORLD
                          Ben Armstrong
                          NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                          www.Fearworld.com
                          www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Here are my nominations for the best of the best. I got tired of typing so I will finish up my nominations some other time.

Top 13 Haunts

(1)Knott's Scary Farm Halloween Haunt (Buena Park, CA)
                            (2)The Haunted Hotel (Louisville, KY) Tie Baxter Avenue Morgue (Louisville, KY)
                            (3)Terror Behind The Walls (Philadelphia, PA)
                            (4)The Haunted Laboratory Tie The Haunted School House (Akron, OH)
                            (5)Netherworld (Atlanta, GA)
                            (6)Terror on The Fox (Greenbay, WI)
                            (7)Verdun Manor at Thrillvania (Terrell, TX)
                            (8)Erebus Haunted Attraction (Pontiac, MI)
                            (9)The Haunted House (Cincinnati, OH)
                            (10)Bates Motel Haunted Hayride (Glen Mills, PA)
                            (11) Raven's Gin Inn (Mount Caroll, IL)
                            (12)Nightmare in The House of Wax (Mansfield, TX)
                            (13)Turbidite Manor

Best Haunted Hayride

(1) Bates Motel (Glen Mills, PA)
                            (2) Headless Horseman
                            (3) Springboro Haunted Hayride (Lebanon, OH)

Best Haunt in A Unique Location

(1) Lewisburg Haunted Cave (Lewisburg, OH) 80 feet underground
                            (2) Baxter Avenue Morgue (Louisville, KY) in the basement of a morgue
                            (3) Terror Behind The Walls (Philadelphia, PA) Eastern State Penetentary

Best Amusement Park Haunted Events

(1) Knotts Scary Farm Halloween Haunt (Buena Park, CA)
                            (2) Halloween Horror Nights (Universal Studios)
                            (3) Six Flags Fright Fest (New Jersey)
                            (4) FearFest (Mason, OH)
                            (5)

Best Haunted House TV Commercial On YouTube

(1) Erebus Haunted Attraction (Pontiac, MI)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=nxkq8-TUa0A

(2) Halloween Horror Nights (Universal Studios)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=sOTuGVM2_yI

(3) The 13th Gate Haunted House (Baton Rouge, LA)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ns3seL2_K8s

(4) The Haunted Hollow (Cleveland, OH)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=k8JWGVj3vC4

(5) Baxter Avenue Morgue (Louisville, KY)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=r0EHUBKS-0Y

Best Haunted Attraction Website

(1) Terror on The Fox
                            www.terroronthefox.com
                            (2) Raycliff Manor
                            www.eurekascreams.com
                            (3) Thrillvania
                            www.thrillvania.com
                            (4) Chamber of Chills
                            www.chamberofchills.com
                            (5) Field of Terror
                            www.fieldofterror.com

Best Year Around Haunted Houses

Ravens Grin Inn (Mount Carroll, IL)
                            Last edited by Jolly Pumpkin; 06-08-2007, 05:11 PM.
                            Spooky Wishes
                            Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

i hate to tell you the truth about baxter's morgue (jolly pumpkin) but it's not actually held in the basement of a morgue!. nope that acutuall morgue is up a little ways from the haunt location. don't feel bad noah, i thought it was too! lol

however waverly hills sanatarium has a haunt in the actual building!! waverly hills is noted to be one of the most haunted places in the US. some strange things happen in there.

also i would vote for the uss nightmare for being a unique haunted house location!

sidenote: thank you larry for posting the uss nightmare you tube video on haunt world youtube link!!!

Comment

With my list I'm trying to be biased with the haunts that I choose. I mean I could just choose only Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana haunts that I've been to, but that would be wrong to do and a lot of great haunts would not be recognized. As for Waverly Hills Sanatorium there are tons of haunts located in hospitals and their haunt isn't that great to being with. It's way overpriced and you'll be wating hours and hours in line for a haunt that is only popular because of the history of the building it's in. USS Nighmare is a unique location, but once again there are other haunts out there that use a boat. So really there aren't many unique locations for a haunt. There ae many haunts around the country that use boats, prisons, caves, hospitals so it's really hard to choose a location that is unique becuase the locations are really only unique to that area.
                                Spooky Wishes
                                Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Working...
                                X