Disaster Toady... (update pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disaster Toady... (update pictures)

Well, our FEC, Kristof's Entertainment Center, which is also the location of our haunt, had a small disaster today, one that had a main road shut down for about 4 hours.... Our giant Bill board, which was over 20 feet high collapsed this morning at around 7am. It fell in one piece, directly onto high voltage lines. It was a major undertaking, and was declared a public safety hazard, which is why the roads were shut down. The weather is terrible outside, heavy winds and LOTS of snow, snapped the frigging thing... Along with this, our plows hydrolic lines broke, so we couldnt plow our lot, now featuring over 9" of snow. And now we are hoping our batting cages (with new nets last year) arent going to rip under the extrodinary weight which is pushing on them.

And then, to top it off, after they got the sign safely down, and that whole thing was done, about an hour later the wind cause line across the street to cross, causing an explosion and a massive power outage. Finally, it is 3 o clock, the power is back, and Kristofs is open!

Its been a fun day... I try and post some pictures later.
    www.Doomsdayproductions.com
    www.RealmofTerror.com

Wow! what terrible news. Glad to hear everyone was alright. I do hope you get your billboard back. possibly for free? Can't believe its still snowing in places. Oh well, spring and summer is almost here.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the damage to your signage and equipment. Thank goodness that no one was hurt. That's scary stuff. I'll keep my fingers crossed that nothing else will go wrong for you, as well as hope for sunshine!
      www.mindseizure.com
      www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

PICTURES

www.Doomsdayproductions.com
        www.RealmofTerror.com

Comment

All too late, and as you probably already know - heavy wet snow + High wind + rotted timbers = disaster.

We got hit with 30+ inches of snow in North East Ohio - so much fun!

Sorry to see and hear what happened, hope everything turns out for the best.

Unfortunately sometimes life throws curve balls at you, but better to fall on some power lines then some people walking by or on a car and someone getting hurt. At least no one was seriously injured.

Good luck this season, it's bound to get better.
          Steve Martini
          Screamline Studios
          www.screamlinestudios.com
          steve@screamlinestudios.com

Comment

Sorry man. That sucks. Hang in there, spring is coming...
            www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Seems

It seems like this cold snap is effecting everyone. We lost our entire Apple, Peach, and Cherry Crop this year due to it. 645 Acres and not a living crop on it. I hate this weather
              Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Man, that really sucks! :shock:

Do you own the billboard outright or do you rent the space?
                The Haunter's Depot
                www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

Comment

Sorry to hear that man, that really sucks, but fortunately nobody was seriously injured.

That is a horror tale that would scare even a haunter :wink:
                  http://www.redcrowdesign.net

Comment

What a wicked pisser, hang in there summers coming.
                    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Joe Dog Chime In:

They say this all because of "Global Warming"

If that is so....... Wheres the damn warming part?
                      http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
                      Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
                      When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
                      If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

Originally posted by Joedog
                        Joe Dog Chime In:

They say this all because of "Global Warming"

If that is so....... Wheres the damn warming part?
                        Well, according to the scientists, the global 'warming' also known as greenhouse effect heat the poles and melt the ice, the melted snow and ice becomes cold water, the cold water makes the warm water in the mexico's gulf and caribean waters colder and this affects the global weather.
                        You see, most of the climatic effects in our world relay on the presure changes and the fact that the cold air goes down and the hot air goes up. Being the ocean waters colder this exchange doesn't happen, and the area near the ecuatorial belt becomes hotter and anything over the tropics colder.

Well, that's the theory behind it, but I don't know what to believe, the scientists are very divided, according to other scientists all this is due to some kind of climatic anommaly that happens every 'n' thousand years that is related to the iceage... and on the other hand there are this other scientists that say it is due to solar spots.

The best you can do to fight this is to watch the forecast and reinforce your wooden signs, with 6 inches steel tubes. Our neighbors did that with their wooden sign, and it survived a car crash (a ford focus driven by a drunk man)

Comment

by the way, nice to see ya dawg, say hi to scarlett haven't seen her yet on the forums.

Comment

About 500 years ago much of northern europe was much, much colder on average than it has been during these last 500 years,"Global Warming" is a natural act that should not be burst in upon in some sleezy motel room by parents and Police!
                            The Thames River was frozen solid until mid summer back then, it sure hasn't frozen in any thing like recent years because the warm is slowly happening. Has "Man" once again given himself way too much credit as an all-powerfull, world destroying, world changing force? It was also predicted that the battlefields of World War One would see no vegitational growth for 25 years because of the poison gasses used, yet that spring nature was back, blooming ........?
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                            X