Outside Haunt Tarps Wind what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside Haunt Tarps Wind what to do?

I just want to get other member ideas on what to do to prevent the wind (wind gusts 30mph) from ruining tarps that are outdoor used as a facade to block parts as well as the backs of scaffold. We used wood to wedge the tarps to the scaffold and we used rope to hang the tarp and zip tie it similar to a clothesline. It's supposed to be windy tomorrow night so we are looking for any other ideas to prepare before tomorrow night's opening. Should we cut U's to prevent the wind to cut through w/o any damage? Thanks

1/4 inch nylon ropes?

Tied across the tarps to keep them from billowing? Use fender washers held down by screws, use any flat pieces of wood held inplace via screws to do the same thing. Once the wind gets to yanking the ripping may begin.
    Plastic buckets filled with sand ot scrap metal pieces may work if you have enough of them and can't fasten to anything , like on a parking lot ot hard surface.
    Many plastic tarps don't have enough gromet holes along the edges in my opinoin.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

When Terror on churct street did their street party, we had big towers that had a banner across them. inside the tower was a 55 gallon drum filled with water to combat wind it worked like a charm to be enough weight to not allow them to blow over.
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Big T Productions Tarp secrets

We use pole tents with tarp tops, and wrapped with tarp walls. We are right off a lake so the winds get very bad here. I have lost several of the pop-up tents out there, but have never lost any of the pole tents or tarps. Every leg is strapped down and we hang cinder blocks from the frame down to the leg. The tarps are tied tight to the frame, spiked to the ground, and weighted with cinder block as well. Four years of heavy winds and never lost a tarp or tent yet!
        Travis "Big T" Russell
        President
        Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Working...
        X