OnLine Ticketing Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OnLine Ticketing Part 2

Just gonna toss this out there. Ticketleap is charging alot for your fees. Processing your fees yourself at most should be less then 3% and this includes ALL fees. Ticket leap is charging 5% plus $2 online fee so a $20 ticket it's $3 in fees. If you're doing 20k patrons a season that's 60k your giving them. Someone said the patrons pay these fees with no issue. If the haunt community made their own service you could pocket an extra 40k in revenue/donations??? These credit card web apps aren't rocket science either by making one app which is either paypal based or authorized.net based you could easily increase your season revenue. Everyone could use the same account with a sales code. Would be like the haunt bank and it pays out weekly to each member via direct deposit much like ticketleap and others already do.

Just a thought as I'm sure anyone would happily take an extra 20-40k.

First, few of us do 20k patrons a year.

Second, those that do, probably will pay the little bit extra to go with the secure, known entity.
    sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

First off, full disclosure... I work for TicketLeap and I'm sincerely honored to dedicate myself to the haunt community.

Secondly, I agree with Haunted Paws that TicketLeap is not for every haunted attraction - and that's ok! I just wanted to clarify that TicketLeap's only revenue on a $20 ticket is a $2 flat fee that's typically passed to the buyer. That $2 flat fee pays for everything that TicketLeap provides... From marketing assistance to mobile optimization to our POS interface to robust social networking integration. TicketLeap has no setup fees, no upfront costs, no contracts, no ticket minimums, no change fees and we don't take a percentage of your revenue. The additional 5% is ONLY if the haunt opts to use TicketLeap's merchant processing (an optional service)... OR the haunt can easily integrate with Authorize.net or Paypal (as you suggested).

As I mentioned, I'm really proud of TicketLeap's success in the haunt space - but we're not for everyone. If TicketLeap can help increase a haunt's ticket sales while making their life easier, then great... But if it's not a fit, then that's ok too.

I hope everyone is having a killer Halloween weekend! Yours, - Lee

sigpic

___Lee George / 215.525.1300 x129 / LeeGeorge@TicketLeap.com

Comment

Save Your Money

I do web programming for a living and doing transactions online isn't as hard as you think. With a little integration, you can keep customers on your website and not have to pay $2 to anyone. You could take it a step further by generating a QR/barcode e-ticket, then use a cheap scanner ($50) with a little hardware ($60) to validate tickets! If you want to know more just PM me and I will share.

Comment

Although I'm not a developer / coder like dudedigital, I'm a tech enthusiast and I think that's a pretty cool idea. Could be a fun and worthwhile project. You could setup the system, integrate it into the site and maybe get a third party to oversee tech support & upgrades (or handle it internally?) and then you could handle patron support. Maybe setup a second phone line that forwards to a cell for after hours customer support issues? Anyway, it's worth a shot. Have fun!

sigpic

___Lee George / 215.525.1300 x129 / LeeGeorge@TicketLeap.com

Comment

We looked at several online sales companies before deciding to use Interactive Ticketing. For 10 years, we used Ticket Master. They charged my customer a $4.50 service fee, plus got 4% of the ticket price from me. I changed to Interactive 4 years ago, and they charge $.75 per ticket, period. Since my customers were used to paying the $4.50 service fee, we kept it the same. Now We make a nice bonus every year in service fees, plus we can offer discounts without hurting the bottom line. The full amount of daily sales are deposited the next business day in my bank account, including fees, so I don't have to wait for a check in November or December. Most of the large, professional haunts are using this system, and it has worked flawlessly. I believe IT has a minimum ticket amount to get this discounted price, so for attractions doing less than 5,000 people, it may not be your choice, but for mid-size and large attractions, it's an easy way to give yourself a raise!
            Randy Bates
            The Bates Motel
            Pennhurst Asylum
            www.TheBatesMotel.com
            Pennhurst Asylum.com

Comment

Interactive Ticketing also has a do-it-yourself solution available at www.squareonetickets.com that charges only $.99 per ticket.
              Randy Bates
              The Bates Motel
              Pennhurst Asylum
              www.TheBatesMotel.com
              Pennhurst Asylum.com

Comment

Working...
              X