Places in St.Louis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places in St.Louis?

Is there an aquarium/zoo or science/kids musuem in or near St. Louis that might be open in March? I'm not having much luck finding anything but thought I would ask anyway.
    Jared Layman

Places in St.Louis

Hey Jerud,

Bring your kids to the CITY MUSEUM in St.Louis. I have brought my kids to Trans just becuase of this place. Absolutley AWESOME!!! If it sucks....send me a email and I will refund your ticket price. It is really that cool. Not far from the show either.

Enjoy.

Chaos
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Originally posted by mindtumor View Post
      Is there an aquarium/zoo or science/kids musuem in or near St. Louis that might be open in March? I'm not having much luck finding anything but thought I would ask anyway.
      There is an aquarium in the city museum. http://www.worldaquarium.org
      Last edited by HauntedPaws; 01-18-2012, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Agreed

Both the aquarium and The city museum are great!

Kale

Comment

I would totally agree with City Museum - I went there two years ago while attending the TW show with my girlfriend, it was awesome even as an adult...I was climbing and squeezing my way through every nook and cranny I could find in that place....I can't imagine what it's like for kids to play there.

I even plan on taking a separate trip to St. louis this year just to take my 12 year old daughter there to check it out!

Comment

Try...

www.explorestlouis.com if I remember right that is the site you can check for everything to do in St.louis.
            Damon
            Frightmasters
            Damon Carson

Comment

Theme Parks?

Hello all,

I have never been to St Louis or Transworld. I am (workload permitting) planning on attending. I am really looking forward to it. While I am there are there any theme parks in the area? If so, I would love to know what ones and which of them would be the best to visit while I am there.

Thank You,
              Robert Travis
              Scenic Art Productions
              ScenicArtProductions@Yahoo.COM

Comment

Couple things there will be a SUPER cool haunted house tour going on in St. Louis 'www.thedarkness.com' LOL

Kids are welcome!

Hmmm... to answer your other question let me fire away!

St. Louis Zoo is probably the best in the entire nation and IT IS FREE! YOU PAY NOTHING open every single day! Zagot ranked St. Louis Zoo #1 in teh Nation.

Second... prior to their being a City Museum there was a place called Magic House which probably inspired City Museum, and Zagot ranked that place #1 best place to take kids in the entire country... yes even over Disney. (Disney was #2).

Third... St. Louis has a SUPER COOL Science Center and was in the top ten most attended in the Country and its awesome and IT IS FREE! Open every day and located right next to the Zoo.

Additionally the city has one of the biggest and richest art collections in the entire WORLD and IT IS FREE!

We also have the #1 rated botanical gardens in the nation but it is NOT FREE... Darn.

We have a History Museum, Butterfly House again all FREE all these free things are located in Forest Park not far from downtown.

I heard the Brewery Tour is awesome but never been... also we have this place called GRANTS FARM look it up on the web it is very awesome.

As for the City Museum I just took my kids there a couple days ago...it is very very very creative. If you are an artist you'll love the place just to look at how creative the guy who created it really is... is it really a ton of fun? Hmmm... not really for adults outside of simply just looking around the place and just gazing at the creative creations. The place is actually kinda dangerous I hear lots of people get hurt there... funny thing this guy was trying to go down these rings or tubs and he got stuck and all these people are taking pictures of him stuck. They had to call someone to help pull him out was kind of funny.

I think its probably the most creative place I've ever been and as an artist its fun to look... I would say fun for kids for sure!

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

At least 1 of my kids would enjoy the haunt, but I do have a baby and he probably wouldn't enjoy it at all, lol.

As far as the City musuem, I know about it but have been told it might not be the best place for the age of my children so I wasn't really considering going there. Zoo and science musuem sound more like was I looking for.

The only way I'm going to the show this year is if I can plan a bunch of stuff to do with my children, they don't like sitting in a hotel room all week and they drive my wife up the wall. My youngest has to have a bunch of surgeries soon as well so it may not be possible anyway.
                  Jared Layman

Comment

ONe of the main problems with City Museum is they have some stuff and I should say a lot of stuff that your kids can go into that you can't... you can lose them pretty quick. So if that worries you go to the MAGIC HOUSE.

http://www.magichouse.org/
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

That would be my biggest fear. My kids have a tendancy to move faster than me anyway, so the last thing I want is them being able to get in somewhere I can't follow them. Thanks for the input, sounds like there is plenty of places for me to take them.
                      Jared Layman

Comment

Working...
                      X