Curtain Maze Material Alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wellinton View Post
    A Hotel gave us 30 old King size sheets last year. Party Stores sell 100 foot rolls of Wedding table cloths all colors under $20.
    Coffee Roasting shops gave us 90 burlap sacks. I buy cheap drop sheets all year long at 2nd hand shops.
    Storage is a huge problems, so we will stick to fabric walls and ceilings for now.
    We've been starting to do the same, replacing walls with material..so much heavy wood and my back isn't getting any younger.

Is that wedding cloth actual cloth or a type of plastic ? Any idea what the height is ?

Comment

The 100 foot rolls of plastic wedding tablecloth is 40 inches wide. Party City's website says $16.99 per roll. We have to pay $30 a roll in Canada because we do not have a Party City.
      http://www.partycity.com/product/bla...&navSet=109884

Most of our plastic is replaced with sheets now and we have noticed a huge difference. Sounds are muffled much better now.
      We stapled torn burlap over the black plastic last year.Image-3156588-142270460-3-WebLarge_0_2977386b9d4db16b8647965225943125_1.jpg

Comment

We use felt. Purchased it all with a 40% off coupon. It has held up with no problems for the past two years, and comes in tons of colors.
        http://darkscares.com/

sigpic

Comment

We did it once and used non-woven material. It's white and you cut the strips. We layered it and ppl loved it. Got a bit dirty at the bottom but it doesn't tear. Do you have a diaper factory around? That is where I got mine. You can get it real cheap. Check a surplus outlet. I think it cost us 40.00 to make a 20 room maze.

Comment

I'd love to see more pics of what everyone uses.

We are considering moving our tent haunt to a wooded location and adding some larger open-aired areas that will have walls but I would like to keep the carnival theme going.

Comment

I think any form of ripstop fabric could be an alternative. It is the type of fabric found on sails and camping gear. I think a curtain maze with gobos of silhouettes of people on the other side projected on some of the curtains could add a bit of anticipation and distraction to a maze. Just a thought on the maze idea itself. If you are really on a tight budget Goodwill sometimes has fabric and try dumpster diving. You never know if you'll find more then just fabric doing that. You might find a homeless guy looking for a girl named Crystal! if you do find yourself in that situation, send that person to Martin Luther King Street, they'll find what they need.

Going back to Goodwill for a second, depending on the theme, I think sewed together tshirt that are all grunged and soiled up could be a unique twist and added ambiance to a haunt like the ever popular psycho-billy or general murder themed haunt.

Comment

would the fire marshalls frown on using this type of fabric the wedding cloth? outdoors np, but, indoors you really can't fire protect it

Comment

Working...
                X