Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what did everyone who attended Transworld this year think of the show?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't feel any of this should be viewed as "negativity" but food for thought. You are totally correct Kevin, how could anyone miss your new creatures as you walked in the door? You couldn't. And your fellow in the costume with the cage on his head did an awesome job. We buy from you almost every year, this year it just wasn't what we were looking for. But considering the whole "actor controlled vs animated" many benefits. Even Scarefactory had them.

I think my thought is that my first year at Transworld was in Las Vegas. That totally spoiled me. Having everything together was just freakin awesome. I know it's not going to ever happen again, but it would be nice to see some old faces back. IE Smooth-On, Night Fright, just to name a few. I think vendors are getting killed with fees.

I would also like to see the show move every 2-3 years. Trying to keep it more central would be great but not always possible.

All in all it was much more organized and in no way should have been taken as negative. Just didn't find what I was hoping to this year.

Comment

I totally understand,
      Honestly, it was not your post that I was referring too.
      I get your perspective.
      But it is getting there. And Transworld works year round to bring in more diverse vendors.
      How about both Paasche and Iwata almost next to one another. Having them there is a move in the direction you are looking for.

I was just expecting to get on Hauntworld and see everyone going hog wild about all the new stuff vendors were doing. And that was NOT the case.

And this is serious,
      If you need something specific you should go directly to the vendor who you think is best suited to achieve the product you want and ask for it.
      Many of our products come directly out of customer feedback and requests.
      YOU as buyers drive the industry forward. SO tell us what you want. And I guarantee you will get it!
      Kevin R. Alvey
      info at gore-galore.com
      www.gore-galore.com
      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

haunt show

We at Panic Attack would like to Thank everyone we met at the show and all of our vendors. We felt the the show was great!We were able to get some good ideas and tons of props/costumes. You guys are the best!

Comment

Maybe people where experiencing jet lag or hangovers?

As a 1st year I think the show was absolutely fantastic. Mr Gore was right at the entry showcasing 2 enormous setups. Then down the other aisles there was quite a lot of great stuff to take in. Some that come to mind are Ed as expected, CFX had almost to much to see and Haunted tactics was looking mighty fine showcasing their new line. Love those Dark Raven snakes too. I walked through once just to see everything and then went again later on to take it all in an see what was gonna fit my themes. The dark zone was quite impressive and those vortex tunnels were the BEST I've seen in awhile. All the vendors in the dark zone had great items to offer and Scarefactory showcased some enormous monstrosities and also some smaller items as well.

I also saw a lot of service vendors from tickets, to atms, web developers. These are equality important as you need to get the word out and have patrons able to pay for admission.

Darkness was ridiculous.

Then Shane was nice enough to put together a wonderful party with an impressive costume contest and tens of thousands of $s in props. Well played Sir.

I think the biggest surprise (for me) was the city museum. I've never fathomed something such as that existed it was literally outta this world. I was expecting some hands on run of the mill tiny kiddie play area thing.

I find it hard to come up with real any negatives. I got a taste of lot of different ideas and add-on revenue streams. If anything the negative is that I'm still not sure what time it is having crossed time zones and then having DST too.

I already am looking forward to 2013!!!

Thanks to all the vendors who had to pack up, drive, unpack, etc etc ... Without your creativity and pushing the envelope we wouldn't be able to see the productions we have today.

Comment

Glad I said I liked Kevins goat head before he smacked me down

Seriously Kevin is right there was a lot of new stuff there. And I feel a little cocky that I told him something else I liked there that was new...Scarefactory rig that dropped stuff down onto customers path. Exactly what I did earlier today...let Kevin know what I liked. Alright...time to step up guys and gals and let Gore Galore and a few others know what you want to see.

I want a prop that bungees or drops a actor down on a path and they snatch away another actor or at least appears to be snatching away a person. Saw something close at show.

I want it to appear that someone...a real human...is suspended in air and vanishes. Bungee...video...pulleys what ever.

I want 55 gal barrels that literally fall onto the top of a fenced enclosure above customers heads and auto reset before the next group.

I want a hallway where it appears an actor is throwing stuff at customers and they feel the air move as their mind tells them the air burst they felt was the knife going by their head.

I want blood sprays to be warm...not cold.

I love deception...

I want "startle" stuff that reacts or happens fast...10 seconds is too long for a routine to play out. Now having said that....10 seconds of a zombie shaking his head after a drop panel falls is ok.

This is a start. With everyone kicking in and getting a hundred ideas that make prop makers scratch their heads 2013 could be a sight. kevin is probably right...buyers have not communicated what we want to see.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

The boss lady and I have skipped transworld for a couple years. Focusing our budget more on the build rather than the bling. We are now in a position to add more effects and props and I was just blown away with everything that I saw this year. It was extremely difficult to decide what to buy and what to pass on. Amazing job this year, and I mean everyone. Just when you thought that everything that could be invented had been, you guys made them better, more affordable, and more practical. I too would like to see Transworld move to another city. Indy makes alot of sense when you think about where the majority of haunters in the nation are from. Cincinnati would also be cool. Anything to keep me from driving through Illinois would be greatly appreciated.
              www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

It seems like its always those from the Midwest who say most haunts are there. That may be true but there are tons of great haunts along the east coast. Here in the south or mid Atlantic there are so many then Pennsylvania is huge and look at NY up into New England. The East coast could be ideal for Transworld just as much as the Midwest.

DA

Comment

I had a great time & saw lots of new things. Loved having the new makeup & airbrush companies there & Rosco too! The new masks out there are great. I loved the interactive haunted house display. Great scenic work there guys!!
                  missjayne
                  Netherworld Haunted Attractions
                  http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    It seems like its always those from the Midwest who say most haunts are there. That may be true but there are tons of great haunts along the east coast. Here in the south or mid Atlantic there are so many then Pennsylvania is huge and look at NY up into New England. The East coast could be ideal for Transworld just as much as the Midwest.

DA
                    Indy and Cincy are closer to PA, NY, and New England than what St. Louis is. I only make the suggestion because there are a ton of Haunts in Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana. I could deal with PA. My point was that a fresh city, with fresh sights, and the chance to see some different haunts would be cool. If the convention were to be held in Cincy, there are at least a half a dozen kick ass haunts that could open up. Just thinking out loud.
                    www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

I helped with the Vendor board in the opening years in St. Louis so I learned a bit about why they put shows where they do... It has to do with 1) Being close to AS many of the customers as possible 2) Getting the cheapest convention space they can for the vendors 3) Hopefully having fun stuff to do and such.

When they move a show it hurts attendance - the longer they keep in it one place folks get used to going to it and it grows... Sort of like a Haunt location.

It might move someday I guess, if say the convention center started jacking up the prices or a similar event was happening. But as long as it keeps growing and the vendors are happy odds are it will not be going anywhere.

Just my observation...
                      Ben Armstrong
                      NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                      www.Fearworld.com
                      www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

What did I think?

Well I maxed out a credit card and my 11 hour drive home in the dark flew by because of all the ideas and inspiration I got. I was thrilled with all the costuming and scenic elements available this year. I need to give out a few huge Thank You's.

Jerry from Creepy Collection really has provided Amazing customer service for us. Thanks Jerry! I appreciate all you did or us.

I called Kevin from Gore Galore to make me a big snake head for our haunt about 4 months ago. Well you all saw it. I gave Him free reign to design it and guaranteed I would buy whatever he came up with. Blown away! Thank you Gore Galore. You never disappoint.

This will be a huge year for us and I think Transworld and the vendors did a amazing job. Later.

Buck
                        Capt.Chaos
                        Fear Asylum Haunted House
                        Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Originally posted by Speculo View Post
                          I helped with the Vendor board in the opening years in St. Louis so I learned a bit about why they put shows where they do... It has to do with 1) Being close to AS many of the customers as possible 2) Getting the cheapest convention space they can for the vendors 3) Hopefully having fun stuff to do and such.

When they move a show it hurts attendance - the longer they keep in it one place folks get used to going to it and it grows... Sort of like a Haunt location.

It might move someday I guess, if say the convention center started jacking up the prices or a similar event was happening. But as long as it keeps growing and the vendors are happy odds are it will not be going anywhere.

Just my observation...
                          I agree... but I can still wish
                          www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

Re: The Vendors I think they have been doing a great job! It has gotta be tough - they are trying to please folks who just got into the business all the way up to people with 35 year old haunts. Everyone has different needs and tastes, and if they get it wrong they take a hit. Maybe even a HARDER job than running a haunted house!

Think about it... If they stick to the tried and true, they know new haunts will buy the solid basic stuff... but older haunts may not buy...they have enough of older style product. If they invest heavily in new lines they don't know if ANY one will want what they make...but if they get lucky and hit it right they reap big rewards...

Re the show itself, it is basically impossible to do everything now. There were over 50 seminars, multiple haunts, parties, events, Movie and TV show screenings... You just cannot do it all. I guess that is ok..there are SO many people now you need all the options out there.

Anyway big fun,lots of business, no sleep, and a gluttonous feast of more "HAUNT" stuff than you could ever digest...

Good times...!
                            Ben Armstrong
                            www.Fearworld.com

Comment

Originally posted by Speculo View Post
                              The Vendors I think they have been doing a great job! It has gotta be tough - they are trying to please folks who just got into the business all the way up to people with 35 year old haunts. Everyone has different needs and tastes, and if they get it wrong they take a hit. Maybe even a HARDER job than running a haunted house!
                              EXACTLY!!! Except Ben is being to modest the vendors did an incredible job and he's right they really gotta go with the vanilla themes to meet the demand of most haunters. However that being said if you want something all you have to do is ask, you can see some custom ideas such as Slither are now available to everyone and well received. The show gives you an idea of what each vendor is capable of and their style too.

One thing I would mention is there's quite a few people I spoke with would love a Netherworld behind the scene tours HINT HINT nudge nudge. I'd go to Comic Con just for that. I don't care if it's running I just wanna poke around without being eaten.

Comment

Oh just wait till you find out what will happen to you this year...Some messed up stuff! We got some work to do.
                                Ben Armstrong
                                www.Fearworld.com

Comment

Working...
                                X