Haunted Hoochie exposed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin..

i knew thats how u would feel..sorry...some conversations aren't for a forum..
    and are easily misinterpreted...and i am a sarcastic ass..me admitting that doesn't solve it..
    but to me... what u said was funny
    i know u are an upstanding member of this community and dont run from problems..
    like some other vendors do..
    the thing about building animatronics
    is its a learning curve..hence gussets have been added..i am not sore in the slightest..
    i have spent 35 grand on animations and welded on them every single weekend all season long..
    and even in that situation..i understand that some things just cant be figured out til its in operation and taking on abuse..
    i looked at those heads before they were installed and looked built like brick out houses...
    i hope no hard feelings.....i know u stand behind your product...just like all passionate people do..
    again sorry for the sarcasm
    on another note..this post has 10,666 views...must be a sign
    in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
    www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

• Thank you!
      I so very much appreciate you seeing that we do build animatronics and giant costumes to take a beating, and knowing I and my company are here for the long haul.
      thank you for basically posting for me, what I was going to respond with.
      But I decided to take the high road and not respond with hurt feelings and say something I would regret.
      Sadly, it is just so hard to see the intent or humor in writing.
      But like I said, I do get where you are coming from.
      I can't speak for vendors in general, but we build everything the best we think they can be built.
      And like you said, we also improve as we go, so we now add gussets at all the joints.

thanks again,
      Kevin R. Alvey
      info at gore-galore.com
      www.gore-galore.com
      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

• last night was soo cold and never stopped rainin...
        but yet we were absolutely packed ..
        and our parking lot filled with cars from every state around..
        this year is amazing and soo are all the hoochie fans..
        thanks form coming

and kevin..just let them know at will call u r here....they have vip tix waiting for u

[CODE][/CODE]

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
        www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

• I just have to say I went to the Hoochie on Sat. And I was blown away.
          There queueline is huge because it has to be. I bet there were an easy 500 people in line. We hung out and talked with the crew till about 1am, and the line stayed that way all night long
          So they had to have run 2000 that night alone.

The level of detail is over the top. Tim and his crew do not build things like a theatrical set so it "LOOKS" real.
          They build them and they are real. what I mean is if you see a rock wall, it is not vacuform. It is a REAL rock wall. And that is how they do everything.
          And the sets were very cohesive.

You can tell the actor's love it. Lots of high energy. and they read the customer. And would respond based on that read.

Of course it is all very over the top.

If you get a chance, you should check it out. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks TIM,
          I really appreciate the hoochie treatment.
          Kevin R. Alvey
          info at gore-galore.com
          www.gore-galore.com
          www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
          www.youtube.com/goregalore13
          www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

• Kevin....thank you sir..
            would u believe we did over twice that...4400 and to me it never seemed that busy
            but still great for soo early in the year...
            we closed at 3 am and cars were still pullin in after the sign was off..
            just an absolute blast off this season..
            and we cut way down on advertising...
            build a kick ass haunt n they will come...
            thank u so much for coming out...i really do appreciate it..
            nothin i like to do more then show off all our hard work to someone who truly cares about this industry
            thanks again

if the hooch is on your bucket list..i suggest u get it done this year..
            unholy as it is

[CODE][/CODE]

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
            www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

• Tim

I will make the long (10 min) drive out on Thursday, will pack a costume just incase but my voice is giving me fits. So I cant say for sure but will def go through and say hi. See you in a couple days
              Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

• Tater...hell yeah..come hang out ..would love to see granny working our line if you voice is up to it..
                and anyone else who wants to see a haunt like no other

[CODE][/CODE]

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

• looks like a haunted hoochie add...but look close..its for land of illusion

seems to be a trend lately of using the haunted hoochie brand to help sell another haunt...
                  already talked to this owner about this issue and he took down the google adds...but still running them on yahoo...jeez
                  i know all these adds have to be approved..but he blamed it on reach local...more cease n desist letters
                  im flattered

[CODE][/CODE]

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                  www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

• Voice isnt going to make it but I will be there to atleast go through for ya. Seems like I remember something like this happening with this guy before

Comment

• its a beautiful Thursday night at the hoochie

[CODE][/CODE]

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                      www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

• THAT CROWD ON A THURSDAY NIGHT? THATS INSANE!
                        INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

• If you look really close you can see me somewhere in that madness.

Comment

• one thing is for sure...
                            the hooch draws a crowd...and from all around the country..
                            i owe alot of that to ben armstrong..and larry kirtchner..
                            those guys r working hard for all of us...
                            each time they do a show on tv..or post a top list...that spreads out across this country...on national outlets everywhere
                            it sells tickets for us all...
                            the iron is hot this year..
                            we have had the largest weekends ever...
                            and we have always had tremendous crowds...
                            but seriously...this year is absolutley insane...
                            btw
                            we provide a show like no other ...its agressive ...and splatacular...and the most scenic haunt in America today...and that sells
                            i talk to people coming from over 20 hours away...
                            people plan their vacations to come here...
                            i am extremely lucky...to have the worlds most extreme haunt....thank u all

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                            www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

• we were sure raisin hell at the hooch last night...
                              the guy on the right of this pic hit me doin 50 mph...
                              n they never stopped running..enjoy

[CODE][/CODE]

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                              www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

• The Land of Illusion seem to really like playing dirty tricks.

Last year I was to meet a friend at the Dent Schoolhouse. He googled "Dent Schoolhouse Address" and plugged the first result into his GPS. Guess where he ended up?

The Land of Illusion.

I haven't been back there since they got caught swiping competitors signs a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X